ADVERTISEMENT

totally OT.other than newman, best recurring role on "Seinfeld"

Yep, George's dad. Unreal performance.

The library cop was brilliant as well but only appeared in 2 episodes.

Reactions: bobfree
next up Seinfeld OT for tomorrow..."which pantherlair poster most reflects a crazy Joe Davolo persona here?"
Great idea for a Sitcom! You have all these crazy characters that interact on a message board and never meet each other in person and never know each other's real names. But as you watch the show, you can see them at their keyboard typing in their crazy stuff, but you see the reality on TV, the characters base their opinion of the other posters based only on what they say on the message board!

Can't believe nobody brought up the Soup Nazi, he was only in 2-3 episodes as well.
I think he was only in one episode (plus the finale?), so he's not really a recurring character. On the other hand, most of us have seen that episode so many times, it feels like he is a recurring character.

Reactions: FireballZ
"Or maybe that turns you on, bwh05.. Maybe that's how you get your kicks... You and your goodtime buddies... I've got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over."
One of the great lines and deliveries of all time.

"Or maybe that turns you on, bwh05.. Maybe that's how you get your kicks... You and your goodtime buddies... I've got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over."

I had to find this quote...

Yeah '71, that was my first year on the job. Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abby Hoffman telling everybody to steal books. I don't judge a man by the length of his hair or the kind of music he listens to. Rock was never my bag. But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library, fella.

Bookman was tremendous

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
I had to find this quote...

Yeah '71, that was my first year on the job. Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abby Hoffman telling everybody to steal books. I don't judge a man by the length of his hair or the kind of music he listens to. Rock was never my bag. But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library, fella.

Bookman was tremendous
obvious take on Joe Friday pulled off to perfection....next to Mel Torme singing to Kramer, this was favorite Seinfeld scene..

Reactions: bwh05
I think he was only in one episode (plus the finale?), so he's not really a recurring character. On the other hand, most of us have seen that episode so many times, it feels like he is a recurring character.
I thought he was in another one too? Who knows, there are so many.

Babu Bhatt..Sue Ellen Mischke (a/k/a "the bra-less wonder")

Addendum: and the Soup Nazi, of course. He was only in one "regular" episode, but he made a guest appearance in the finale. I actually have an autographed photo of him (Larry Thomas, dressed in character) in my family room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT