ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal train

We should be able to pull some TE, WR and DL with the way this season has gone, maybe an OL, and could probably even get a QB if we really wanted one.

Im not saying there isn’t a DL on their team that could play for Pitt, but with the returning guys, the recruits they got last year and then FitzSimmons and Jimmy Bear coming in, I’m not sure they would add much there.

Nor I, I just meant we have a good resume to pull from those positions in general across all NCAA programs.
You’d imagine a grad transfer qb or WR would be fighting to get into this offense. I’d love to get a WR transfer for 22.

Qb too but he better be good, real good. Like step in from day one and be ready to roll good. Not sure many like that are out there. I don’t want a max Browne type who is huge unknown.

Saw a Safety from Temple is transferring. @Chris Peak and Cory Sanders follow him...Follows are probably from a while back anyways.

You’d imagine a grad transfer qb or WR would be fighting to get into this offense. I’d love to get a WR transfer for 22.

Qb too but he better be good, real good. Like step in from day one and be ready to roll good. Not sure many like that are out there. I don’t want a max Browne type who is huge unknown.

Has Bailey graduated? I think Pitt will stay with their current QB group, but that would be something if Bailey started next year against Tennessee.
He transferred this season, I believe has SO. eligibility. Fans at the Tenn game were beside themselves because Hooker was playing instead of him.

Edit: They were mad because Milton was playing in front of him.

Jake Haener can flat out play. I bet a lot of programs are going to be after him. I'm a little surprised he plans on coming back to college.

Harrison Bailey is what you get when your head coach is an idiot star chaser and doesn't listen to input from his offensive staff. Bailey was forced on Jim Chaney while Chaney instead wanted to pursue Haynes King. Pruitt was recruiting a teammate of Bailey & desperately wanted to pluck some of the high end talent out of Georgia. Huepel is the second QB guru to pass on Bailey. Bailey is a high IQ QB. He just doesn't have any ability. He isn't very mobile, has a hard time eluding pressure, and he doesn't have great arm strength.

Pat Bostick may have let it slip this morning on Packard and Durham that Pitt is vetting various QBs in the portal who are interested in Pitt.

Pat Bostick may have let it slip this morning on Packard and Durham that Pitt is vetting various QBs in the portal who are interested in Pitt.

Which is exactly what they should be doing. These people clamoring for Beville, Patti, etc. have no idea what the hell they're talking about. The staff has had a first-hand look at these guys for 3-5 years. Their actions will dictate what they think of what is already on the roster. I do think Yarnell could be the guy eventually, but perhaps not as soon as next season.

I also question whether or not Whipple will be back. He might ride off into the sunset after this season. I think we have the ability to run the ball a lot more, though, so it'll be interesting to see what route we go if that happens.

Which is exactly what they should be doing. These people clamoring for Beville, Patti, etc. have no idea what the hell they're talking about. The staff has had a first-hand look at these guys for 3-5 years. Their actions will dictate what they think of what is already on the roster. I do think Yarnell could be the guy eventually, but perhaps not as soon as next season.

I also question whether or not Whipple will be back. He might ride off into the sunset after this season. I think we have the ability to run the ball a lot more, though, so it'll be interesting to see what route we go if that happens.
if we are getting a transfer, it says volumes about what they think of patti and beville. If this happens, hopefuly patti is content being a backup and "one snap away" from the starter and maybe the redshirt freshman doesnt take it personally..

as far as yellen and beville, yeah, the writing is on the wall there..

Yes. If you think Yarnell is the guy, no problem bringing in someone else to compete for next year. Probably more of an indicator that Patti isn't thought to be the guy though.

Yes. If you think Yarnell is the guy, no problem bringing in someone else to compete for next year. Probably more of an indicator that Patti isn't thought to be the guy though.

I think Patti is competent. He reminds me of like a game manager type that Iowa seems to have under center just about every year. But I think we just have too much momentum right now to not try to dream big.

Jake Haener can flat out play. I bet a lot of programs are going to be after him. I'm a little surprised he plans on coming back to college.

Harrison Bailey is what you get when your head coach is an idiot star chaser and doesn't listen to input from his offensive staff. Bailey was forced on Jim Chaney while Chaney instead wanted to pursue Haynes King. Pruitt was recruiting a teammate of Bailey & desperately wanted to pluck some of the high end talent out of Georgia. Huepel is the second QB guru to pass on Bailey. Bailey is a high IQ QB. He just doesn't have any ability. He isn't very mobile, has a hard time eluding pressure, and he doesn't have great arm strength.
JT Daniels. Just a matter of time before he's in the portal. Can't see Bennett leaving UGA after this season, he has a very limited future, if any, at the next level so why would he? JT needs to go where he can turn some heads and make some money. Pitt would fit the bill nicely.

And in case anyone thinks one of our current backups is as good as as or better than Daniels, let's dispel that notion right now--it's not close.

I think Patti is competent. He reminds me of like a game manager type that Iowa seems to have under center just about every year. But I think we just have too much momentum right now to not try to dream big.

Yes. Game managers work in some situations. But with the way our pass D plays and with the QB talent in the ACC, you've got to be able to play catch up sometimes. Being able to stretch the field is important. No idea if Patti can do that.

JT Daniels. Just a matter of time before he's in the portal. Can't see Bennett leaving UGA after this season, he has a very limited future, if any, at the next level so why would he? JT needs to go where he can turn some heads and make some money. Pitt would fit the bill nicely.

And in case anyone thinks one of our current backups is as good as as or better than Daniels, let's dispel that notion right now--it's not close.

To me, Bennett is a pretty wink link on that Georgia team. Maybe I just haven't watched the right games, but it looks like they handed the keys to a Lamborghini to some homeless guy they found sleeping in a deer enclosure at the petting zoo. I wouldn't be surprised if they're scavenging the portal for a QB for next season themselves.

Reactions: FireballZ
To me, Bennett is a pretty wink link on that Georgia team. Maybe I just haven't watched the right games, but it looks like they handed the keys to a Lamborghini to some homeless guy they found sleeping in a deer enclosure at the petting zoo. I wouldn't be surprised if they're scavenging the portal for a QB for next season themselves.
He's actually been pretty good--but not championship good. He has limited arm talent and he's like 5'10.

if we are getting a transfer, it says volumes about what they think of patti and beville. If this happens, hopefuly patti is content being a backup and "one snap away" from the starter and maybe the redshirt freshman doesnt take it personally..

as far as yellen and beville, yeah, the writing is on the wall there..
Here's the thing.........the train rolling. You are returning the likely Biletnikoff Winner, Jared Wayne, Barden at WR, Bartholemew at TE, Izzy and Vinnie at RB and an experienced OL. You can just give the QB job to guys who have stayed the course. You got to do what's best. I have to imagine Pitt's going to be an incredibly attractive option for an experienced QB in the portal like a Dillion Gabriel. I am not talking about a failed starter like Max Browne, I am talking either a starter or a stud stuck behind someone else. Usually these guys go to Ohio State or Georgia or LSU, but this year, Pitt has to be a really solid option.

Can't mess around. A good QB and this team has the potential for 10 wins again and another ACC Champ game. You start to stack seasons like that together, now you elevate yourself in the college football pantheon.

Exactly. Pickett re-set the bar for Panther QBs, which had slipped from Dan Marino (Mount Everest) to Alex Van Pelt (Mount Washington) to the likes of Tino Sunseri (Speed bump). You can live with a game manager if he is surrounded by overwhelming talent. Pitt needs a dynamic QB, as most schools do.

I keep saying it, but it makes perfect sense to me given his experience in the NFL and as a QB coach for him to try and follow Pickett to his next destination as a special assessment for a couple of years. Pickett really seems to like and value the man.

Here's the thing.........the train rolling. You are returning the likely Biletnikoff Winner, Jared Wayne, Barden at WR, Bartholemew at TE, Izzy and Vinnie at RB and an experienced OL. You can just give the QB job to guys who have stayed the course. You got to do what's best. I have to imagine Pitt's going to be an incredibly attractive option for an experienced QB in the portal like a Dillion Gabriel. I am not talking about a failed starter like Max Browne, I am talking either a starter or a stud stuck behind someone else. Usually these guys go to Ohio State or Georgia or LSU, but this year, Pitt has to be a really solid option.

Can't mess around. A good QB and this team has the potential for 10 wins again and another ACC Champ game. You start to stack seasons like that together, now you elevate yourself in the college football pantheon.
I would swap out Hammond for Vinnie. But that is a ton of offensive talent coming back, especially if the OL follows suit.

If there was ever a time to capitalize on our talent and start the Clemson de-throwning process, this is it! H2P

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT