ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Thats great! Our two biggest holes got filled. I certainly wouldnt have minded McNally coming in at 74 (wouldnt say no to Krattiger either) but at least McGill has won some matches. Cooley is definitely interesting at HWT, hope he can gain some weight he could surprise there

Reactions: Silkky1982
Gage Curry to transfer to Pitt from America U. 125lbs from North Hills, national qualifier.
This is great news! Now that said, I dont think he is automatically the starter at 125. Camacho was on the brink of being an NCAA qualifier as well so I think the two will likely be pretty even going into the season. Will very interesting to see who earns that spot

Reactions: _DBHoops
This is great news! Now that said, I dont think he is automatically the starter at 125. Camacho was on the brink of being an NCAA qualifier as well so I think the two will likely be pretty even going into the season. Will very interesting to see who earns that spot
I agree 100%, it can only make everyone better as a whole when there’s competition at every weight class.

Reactions: jctrack and persp
Does anybody out there have any insider info on who we are in with regarding 2022 recruits?

Not an insider but I would have to think Mac Stout has to be top target. Plus HWT and a 125. Honestly Keslar and Priest were high up on my wish list so that’s a great start

Reactions: persp
I agree on Camacho, he was clearly our fourth-best guy in conference as a freshman and then lost two one-point matches at ACCs to guys he beat earlier. He had a bad conf tournament but that doesn't mean we have a gaping hole at 125. I would expect Curry to win the spot though, just based on a 4x NCAA qualifier vs. a 0x NCAA qualifier. Curry only has one year so even if that does happen, it's not like Camacho would be buried behind him for long.

I agree on Camacho, he was clearly our fourth-best guy in conference as a freshman and then lost two one-point matches at ACCs to guys he beat earlier. He had a bad conf tournament but that doesn't mean we have a gaping hole at 125. I would expect Curry to win the spot though, just based on a 4x NCAA qualifier vs. a 0x NCAA qualifier. Curry only has one year so even if that does happen, it's not like Camacho would be buried behind him for long.
Very true. Curry could alo take a step forward considering the increase in competition and coaching at Pitt compared to American.

I would expect Curry to win the spot though, just based on a 4x NCAA qualifier vs. a 0x NCAA qualifier.
Looking at it a little further though, he's a 4x qualifier but his record at NCAAs is 1-6. All six losses by bonus points.

Most likely curry would start but may be bringing in curry will light a fire under Camacho and push him to be better since currently there’s nobody under Camacho that’s worthwhile

Most likely curry would start but may be bringing in curry will light a fire under Camacho and push him to be better since currently there’s nobody under Camacho that’s worthwhile
What makes you think he didnt have a fire before this? For some perspective, Camacho is far ahead of where Jake Wentzel was at the same point in his collegiate career. I think many fans underestimate just how difficult it is to be successful at the D1 level. Some guys make it look so easy that they skew the curve quite a bit.

Reactions: Mikefln and lucac
Didn’t really mean it like he’s not driven but anyone works harder when there’s someone on your heels ready to take your spot

Didn’t really mean it like he’s not driven but anyone works harder when there’s someone on your heels ready to take your spot
Fair, but wrestlers tend to be more self motivated than most athletes. Have to be to even reach the D1 level. I think just the pure competition will elevate both, and that certainly only means good things

Well PSU grabbed Dean from Cornell and latest rumors have Evan wick transferring there too which not trying to be a hater but it just fuels the fire for foul play.

Well PSU grabbed Dean from Cornell and latest rumors have Evan wick transferring there too which not trying to be a hater but it just fuels the fire for foul play.
The days of building a day a program exclusively through recruiting are over and just like recruiting the bigger programs are going to get the best transfer.

The Dean situation at Cornell got real messy due to the Ivys canceling and Cornell covid protocols and what they wanted Gabe to do as part of his job.

Reactions: DevilDog42
Just my opinion but I think Wick will go to Cal Poly with his brother, I have a feeling he already has a job offer from the new RTC opening there after he graduates.

Edit: but even if I'm right, PSU is still in on Shane Griffith.

Reactions: lucac
I agree that Cal poly makes the most sense but you know how the internet rumors can be. I have been hearing Wick to PSU for months despite a lot of the national analysts saying he is not even going to enter the portal

Reactions: _DBHoops
Joey Silva in the transfer portal and leaving Michigan. Has a ton of potential but didn't really work out at Michigan anyone in the know have any word if we are interested at all?

Joey Silva in the transfer portal and leaving Michigan. Has a ton of potential but didn't really work out at Michigan anyone in the know have any word if we are interested at all?
I doubt we’d spend money on a 133 but I can ask around

Reactions: lucac
I doubt we’d spend money on a 133 but I can ask around

Yea probably not because we are solid at 133 and 141 but was just curious because he is an interesting name with quit a few years left

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT