ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Rule Official

so why is it just one time? it's not great for the fans but what right does the NCAA have to decide one time versus two? or three? call it the murphdawg rule that you can go wherever you want.

I think this gets changed in about 5 years. Coaches are spending too much time and money in recruiting to see 25% of their their team transfer every year.

I do think programs are going to have to hire staff to serve as best friends/mentors/babysitters for these kids so when coach yells at them, they can cry on their shoulders and the designated staff member can make them feel like coach really doesnt hate them.

I think this gets changed in about 5 years. Coaches are spending too much time and money in recruiting to see 25% of their their team transfer every year.

The NCAA sponsors something like 41 men's and women's sports at the D1 level. 36 of them have had this rule in place for years. The rule may get tweaked over time (because the NCAA likes to tinker), but there is almost no chance that some version of this is not going to be the rule for a long, long time.

ADVERTISEMENT