ADVERTISEMENT

Trey - Student Athlete of The Week

Both he and X should be enjoying their SR year in high school still.

People keep saying that, but it's a little bit misleading. He turned 18 last May. Probably close to 99% of all kids with his birthday are in college right now, not in high school.

Johnson is even a worse case. He turned 19 in October. In a "normal" situation there is no way, literally none, that he'd still be in high school right now. He's actually older that Au'Diese Toney.

That's the reason that it was so easy for those guys to reclassify. They had already been in school as long or longer than most kids.

People keep saying that, but it's a little bit misleading. He turned 18 last May. Probably close to 99% of all kids with his birthday are in college right now, not in high school.

Johnson is even a worse case. He turned 19 in October. In a "normal" situation there is no way, literally none, that he'd still be in high school right now. He's actually older that Au'Diese Toney.

That's the reason that it was so easy for those guys to reclassify. They had already been in school as long or longer than most kids.
Did not know that...the ages. Prob should have looked that up, thanks Joe squared. Hell, i graduated at 17

I would not mine Parker's 3 honestly. It would likely help this team out very much in that role.

Both McGowens and Toney will be or already 19 this school year, just like 99% of their freshmen classmates. Both went to prep school but my question is did they have 4 years of HS or 3? Like, did they go to their local HS for say, grades 9 and 10 but then transferred to their prep where they were "reclassified" to "repeat" 10th grade to get the extra year of HS/prep?

Exactly, I wasn’t 19 until my Sophomore year at Pitt

Both McGowens and Toney will be or already 19 this school year, just like 99% of their freshmen classmates. Both went to prep school but my question is did they have 4 years of HS or 3? Like, did they go to their local HS for say, grades 9 and 10 but then transferred to their prep where they were "reclassified" to "repeat" 10th grade to get the extra year of HS/prep?

Honestly, your bleeding heart statements are tough to continuous ignore. Even harder to ignore are your blatantly made-up statements..."99% of freshman are 19 during the school year"? That's very, very far from accurate.

The funny thing is that McGowans won't turn 19 until after the winter semester is over. He must be a part of the 1%!

OK. Its in May and Pitt ends early in late April. I think people understood the point I was making. Most college freshmen turn 19 sometime between the first day of class and the summer before sophomore year. Sorry for not being super specific. Was merely trying to point out that McGowens and Toney are of freshman age and may have even had 4 complete years of HS

OK. Its in May and Pitt ends early in late April. I think people understood the point I was making. Most college freshmen turn 19 sometime between the first day of class and the summer before sophomore year. Sorry for not being super specific. Was merely trying to point out that McGowens and Toney are of freshman age and may have even had 4 complete years of HS
Yes we all understood you made up something without any sense of reality and based on nothing

You’re a buffoon

Yes we all understood you made up something without any sense of reality and based on nothing

You’re a buffoon

What did I make up? Maybe 99% (slight exaggeriation, sorry) was a little high but probably something like 95% of Pitt's freshman class will turn 19 sometime before their sophomore year begins.

People keep saying that but I just don’t see how he fits in this system.

All of our success is based off of us getting after it on the defensive end, and Parker wouldn’t be able to do that athletically.

He wouldn't fit, but to some people the only thing that determines if a guy is a good basketball player is if he can make some shots. Do that and nothing else matters.

He wouldn't fit, but to some people the only thing that determines if a guy is a good basketball player is if he can make some shots. Do that and nothing else matters.

He would fit as a bench guy who could come in to take 3s, not as a starter. He would have a role that could provide some consistency. With time, Capel will find someone all around better, no doubt, but for this year he would have helped, especially with the lack of depth.

He would fit as a bench guy who could come in to take 3s, not as a starter. He would have a role that could provide some consistency. With time, Capel will find someone all around better, no doubt, but for this year he would have helped, especially with the lack of depth.

He'd get some minutes because of the lack of depth, but he obviously isn't better than the guys who play his position. I mean does anyone wish he was here taking 10 or 15 minutes a game away from Trey McGowans? Imagine how much worse a team we'd be defensively if we had a guy who simply couldn't guard any decent opponent playing on a regular basis.

He sure as hell wouldn’t have gone 0-10 from 3 or whatever it was like JWF. I wouldn’t want him taking minutes from Xavier or Trey, but JWF, Kham, Kene, I would not be opposed. It’s a moot point, but I’d like to see him under Capel who can coach and not Stallings who did not have a plan or chemistry. I mean look at how Brown and Kene improved. Parker has potential too with the right coach and system.

Yep. A lineup of trey, Xavier, brown, Stewart, and toney on the last possessions win at Iowa and Niagara.

People keep saying that but I just don’t see how he fits in this system.

All of our success is based off of us getting after it on the defensive end, and Parker wouldn’t be able to do that athletically.

Completely agree... JWF has found the bench because of his struggles on defense and Parker is/was worse.. Not sure Capel would sacrifice points on one end for a 40% chance of a make on the other.

ADVERTISEMENT