ADVERTISEMENT

Tried to . . .

kma0043

Junior
Nov 30, 2014
Tried to tune into Thursday night CFB and what am I met with? Pat McAfee screaming like an idiot. Is there anyone, except Takeo Spikes, that’s worse in the booth?

Pat is fine on certain 5 minute rants that go viral. I was not thrilled with his color commentary when he did a full game

Oh, don’t get me started on MNF. Joe Tessitore sounds like he’s doing a WWE match and Booger McFarland and Jason Witten would have debates that were less coherent than anything you would hear on the Howard Stern radio show.

The whole thing was a big mess.

As far as McAfee goes, I’m really rooting for the guy. He’s a Pittsburgh kid I hope he does well. However, he’s clearly trying way too hard to be the class clown and it’s more than a little obnoxious.

Then again, he works for ESPN, whose motto seems to be “embrace obnoxiousness.”

I’m not quite sure when ESPN went off the cliff because I have been watching cartoons for the past few years, because that’s what my kids like to watch. However, as I’m trying to get back into ESPN, I am finding it impossible because the programming is so poor and their personalities are so over-the-top.

The NFL Sunday morning show is particularly horrible. They spent like 45 minutes talking about who’s the best dressed guy and they like dap each other it’s just very bro-ish. Not. My. Thing. At. All.

Last year, and I am not kidding about this, they had a whole segment where some NFL players were literally prank calling other NFL players and it was really dumb and lame and cheesy and I felt dumber for having sat through it.

I have since vowed to never watch that moronic show again.

Reactions: Mikefln and kma0043
Oh, don’t get me started on MNF. Joe Tessitore sounds like he’s doing a WWE match and Booger McFarland and Jason Witten would have debates that were less coherent than anything you would hear on the Howard Stern radio show.

Tessitore was great when he was doing college football, but between MNF and Holey Moley, he seems like he's trying to put on a show rather than announcing.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
He was at his best with Teddy Atlas on Friday Night Fights.

Honestly, that makes sense because it does sound like he’s broadcasting a boxing match or a professional wrestling match. It feels weird during a football game. It’s very syrupy and way over-the-top. And Booger McFarland‘s “analysis“ is so incredibly dumb it’s almost unbelievable.

I’m not making this up. Last year, I was watching a Giants game and their defense allowed a big play. Boog’s “expert analysis” was that someone must’ve blown an assignment because there’s no way that defense would be designed to allow the other team such a big play.

What defense is designed to facilitate big plays?

It’s just that Witten was so dumb and incoherent that MacFarland looked like a genius by way of comparison. I guess all I’m saying is that was by far the worst Monday night crew in the history of broadcasting and it’s one of the worst football announcing crews I’ve ever heard.

They were criticized pretty severely all year long and honestly, I think people were being pretty generous to them. They were and are absolutely pathetic.

All I will say about ESPN and sports talk in general. It is too much. Toooooooo Damn much.

Other than this board, I try to do as little Twitter/sports talk/ESPN/ pregame shows as possible. I still hear things but not submerged in it.

I watch the games I'm interested in and that is it.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Tessatore is ok. He needs a supporting cast that can prop him up though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT