Tucker Carlson

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by TheSpecialSauce, Mar 30, 2020.

1. TheSpecialSauce

TheSpecialSauce Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

He had a great message. The government will have to answer for lying to the public. The people should trust the government during tough times, but the government needs to be honest with the public. Bravo!

2. HailToPitt1985

HailToPitt1985 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

It's the MSM lying to the public every single day. They pull the strings and the politicians and government are in lock step with the media.

oldbastard and Pitt-Chains like this.
  3. NCPitt

NCPitt Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I learned a long time ago to never trust anything from the government without confirmation from somewhere else. While the desire to hold them accountable is admirable, don't expect it to happen.

Parkview57 likes this.
  4. pittbb80

pittbb80 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

For those of you who didn’t see it he was slamming the surgeon general and the CDC for their position on masks (ie they don’t help in minimizing risks associated with avoiding the virus). He said they should have come clean and said we were not prepared for this and were short on masks so the priority is to protect health care professionals.

while I do agree with him he’s giving the average American way too much credit. If they had said masks help every moron in the country would have bought a 1000 masks just like they were out buying toilet paper

Jim Z, CJsE, revampedpanthers and 2 others like this.
  5. CJsE

CJsE Freshman
    Expand Collapse

100% this, it's hard enough finding masks now but their price has exploded. This past week, the CDC had to relax the standards for medical and governmental procurement to include non-FDA or NIOSH certified N95 masks. Even at these manufacturers mask prices have gone from 0.30-.40 cents to $1.50+ for quantities over 10million.

Many agencies and hospitals aren't allowed to accept KN95 (Chinese N95) masks, even if produced by the same manufacturers of N95 masks.

Edit: The scams...there are so many out there right now it's actually disgusting

6. pittbb80

pittbb80 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

The stuff coming from China is garbage. It’s probably a good thing they are prohibiting PPe from China as other countries have banned them as well.

as an aside I’m not sure you can even get N95 masks from China. A colleague of mine who is from China said that China has prohibited sending the masks to the US I’m not sure how true this is but that is what he told us as our company was looking for N95s

7. pittbb80

pittbb80 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

8. CJsE

CJsE Freshman
    Expand Collapse

You absolutely can get them from China, there are dozens of manufacturers in China that were approved by the FDA and NIOSH prior to the crisis and there are tons of manufacturers now submitting their testing and certifications for emergency approval.

Multiple manufacturers we are working with have done this since the new guidelines on the 24th. These are companies valued in the tens of billions and aren't going to turn out a garbage product. The few we have spoken with have the ability to produce 50+ million masks per month.

The biggest issue is getting high enough quality filters, which are apparently usually sourced from Europe.

9. pittbb80

pittbb80 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

found several sources that support what my colleague said. China is not exporting the N95. The KN95 which is not approved is being exported. Also several Euro countries have stopped taking PPE from China due to quality issues

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/business/masks-china-coronavirus.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...r/coronavirus-kn95-masks-us-wont-import-china

10. CJsE

CJsE Freshman
    Expand Collapse

So your one article is irrelevant, it just notes the difference between the N95 and KN95 which I pointed out before has not been approved by the US government.

The other article is from 2+ weeks ago on outdated information before China was producing 100+million masks per day. They've been filling regular orders for at least a month.

11. pittbb80

pittbb80 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Again you can’t get N95s from China Which is what I said.

There is a good reason why the Us is not allowing the other garbage from coming into the Us

https://www.foxnews.com/world/nethe...-reject-china-made-coronavirus-test-kits-gear

12. CJsE

CJsE Freshman
    Expand Collapse

You're too dumb to keep talking to. The masks in that article aren't N95s and weren't produced by a registered manufacturer. Just because it's manufactured in China doesn't mean it's a KN95.

3M makes N95s in China. Honeywell, Makrite, Aeropro, San Huei, Shanghai Dasheng, Shanghai Gangki, and many others are all approved and registered by the FDA, and NIOSH(CDC) to manufacture N95 masks in China.

Those companies have been exporting millions of masks out of China for weeks. There are thousands of small companies producing masks of dubious quality and passing them off as N95 or FFP2, but there are also very reputable companies stepping up production.

13. pittbb80

pittbb80 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

14. SoufOaklin4Life

SoufOaklin4Life Lair Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

15. PittFamily2

PittFamily2 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

SMF posting as @TheSpecialSauce

16. TheSpecialSauce

TheSpecialSauce Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Did you eat paint chips as a baby?

17. fkthomas

fkthomas Board of Trustee
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

TheSpecialSauce likes this.
  18. fkthomas

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Tucker Carlson has been on this since early Feb. I read an article from a large left wing source
    yesterday that gave him credit for this. But I won’t link it because the article was garbage, as it bashed Fox in the headline and opening paragraph, suggesting that tucker has been responsible while Fox was not. Later in the article, it makes the distinction that Tucker was out in front of other opinion hosts Hannity and Laura Ingraham.

The above is the problem. Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham (and Carson for the matter) are not “Fox News”. They are prime time opinion hosts. But the article still passed them off as one of the same as “Fox News” if the reader wasn’t paying attention, even though the article made the distinction later on. This is how the Faux News stigma gets captured in the minds of the ignorant.
    Additionally, back then, all the media was 90% impeachment all the time.

ONGB and Jim Z like this.
  19. PittFamily2

PittFamily2 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

SMF -Only lead paint chips, still do.

20. Jim Z

Jim Z Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Is this the same government that under your other name you trust to feed and provide for you and the country for a year while we hide inside our houses?

NCPitt and PittFamily2 like this.
  21. Sean Miller Fan

Sean Miller Fan Lair Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

How many Fox News viewers really differentiate Hannity and co. with their news division?

22. fkthomas

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Many don’t and I know people who fit the category. So I see what you’re saying but I don’t know why it’s relevant. All I know is that if you prefer your news presented in the most honest way possible, you have to start with Bill Hemmer and Brett Baier.

23. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That has nothing to do with the bias issue in the news. Fox News is the least biased I’ve seen. Fox News Channel in entirety is not reflective of its news show.

PittFamily2 likes this.
  24. Sean Miller Fan

Sean Miller Fan Lair Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

I like that Fox has Juan Williams on for a different perspective. CNN used to do that but got away from it. I really like when they have Rick Santorum on. I'm not sure MSNBC ever did. The problem with Fox's opinion shows is they denigrate the credibility of the entire network. It would be like CNN having Stephen Colbert or Trevor Noah host a show. Not that CNN or MSNBC's late night shows are any less biased, just saying.

I have been watching more CBS News Channel. Its an app on Roku. Its still left-leaning but not as bad as CNN and MSNBC.

25. CJsE

CJsE Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, Shepard Smith left $45million on the table because the network was too fair and balanced.

26. recruitsreadtheseboards

recruitsreadtheseboards Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I watch ONE news/opinion/political show a week. One hour. Sunday AM. It is the George Stephanapolous show. And yes, I know who George is and was, and Martha Radditz, but it is usually the second part of the show that is worth watching. When they have their roundtable which is usually 2 people from each side of the aisle, and the best two on their are Chris Christie and Rahm Immanuel, and they don't yell and scream each other or look for catch phrases or hot takes, but pretty measured, even handed discussions and criticisms.

Tucker is okay. Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon have turned into exactly what Hannity and Ingraham are. Just shills. Maddow is to the Left what Rush is to the Right.

It really is a mess.

27. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He quit because he wouldn’t back off from fighting with other Fox hosts. His perspective was known and accepted for the 15 years??? He was there. Yours is a pretty lame point.

fkthomas likes this.
  28. CJsE

CJsE Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I always love the perspective of

"There's 6 major news organizations that say option A makes the most sense but 1 organization that says option B is the best option. Clearly those 6 are biased and untruthful and the 1 is the most unbiased and honest."

29. NCPitt

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Why don’t you give a specific example rather than a meaningless talking point?

30. TempleBAPittMPA

TempleBAPittMPA Chancellor
    Expand Collapse

Well, that explains a lot.