Nix - ????
Luther - Luther
Clark - Ellison
Wilson - Boykins
Milligan - Milligan

Open - K.Davis
Manigault - S.George
Kithcart - P.Stewart

I have the earliest recruits replacing the starters and the most recent recruits replacing the bench.(as one would expect)

Have we done Ok replacing the bench?

Last edited:
Young - T.Brown
Jeter - LLegomah
Cam - Stevenson
Jones - Frame
Artis - Carr

Nix - ????
Luther - Luther
Clark - Ellison
Wilson - Boykins
Milligan - Milligan

Open - K.Davis
Manigault - S.George
Kithcart - P.Stewart

I have the earliest recruits replacing the starters and the most recent recruits replacing the bench.

Have we done Ok replacing the bench?
Cannot answer whether the bench is okay until the season begins. I am hoping for the best, but I would guess 8-10 overall wins is a decent estimate.

No, it's not optimism. It's a rational view based on analysis of how bad you really have to be to not win 10 games. Stop letting emotions influence thought process.

No, it's not optimism. It's a rational view based on analysis of how bad you really have to be to not win 10 games. Stop letting emotions influence thought process.
We only won 16 last year with a pair of all conference players, a starter good enough for unc, an athletic 3/4 and a senior 2/3.

For comparison. You really don't think we may be at least 6 games
Worse with this roster???
Who the hell is going to score??

We only won 16 last year with a pair of all conference players, a starter good enough for unc, an athletic 3/4 and a senior 2/3.

I think Milligan will have a breakout season and show the form that had him so highly recruited coming out of high school.

Reactions: FireballZ
Not likely to happen, but if this team somehow managed to finish at .500, would you want to see them take a CBI bid? I thought I'd never want to play in the CBI again, but I'd gladly take a bid under those circumstances.

Not likely to happen, but if this team somehow managed to finish at .500, would you want to see them take a CBI bid? I thought I'd never want to play in the CBI again, but I'd gladly take a bid under those circumstances.
I'd agree....and send a thank-you note to Stallings.

Yes absolutely, they will be a team loaded with young players so playing in the CBI would be beneficial.

To me there is a difference playing in the CBI when you have a team loaded with underclassmen versus a team loaded with upperclassmen. I would never want to do the CBI again with a team of upperclassmen.

We will be underdogs in all 18 ACC games. Maybe, maybe we win 2. Anything more than that and Stallings should get COY consideration.

If we go 2-16 in the ACC, going 8-5 in the OOC is going to be pretty difficult. We already have 3 built-in losses: WVU, PSU, and OKST/A&M. And I would be very surprised if we won all or most of the cupcake home games. We have lost or almost lost some of those games when we were good.

Major college teams dont play in that tournament anymore.

Now it does matter where transfers go...

I'd say you forgot no PG, no C and a band of misfits to go with a group of soft, me first players. When nobody wants to play defense, box out, fight for loose balls, and minimize turnovers it doesn't matter how much you score.

We can compare notes next March.

Reactions: FireballZ
We will be underdogs in all 18 ACC games. Maybe, maybe we win 2. Anything more than that and Stallings should get COY consideration.

If we go 2-16 in the ACC, going 8-5 in the OOC is going to be pretty difficult. We already have 3 built-in losses: WVU, PSU, and OKST/A&M. And I would be very surprised if we won all or most of the cupcake home games. We have lost or almost lost some of those games when we were good.
Chambers is an awful coach, so I won't totally write off the PSU game. I don't know what to make of Duquesne. They have a better coach than they did last year if that makes a difference. Maybe a tossup. Outside of those games, we need some cupcakes. We haven't had a single digit wins season since 1976-77 (6-20). Would be nice to avoid that, and a 20 loss season.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Now it does matter where transfers go...

I'd say you forgot no PG, no C and a band of misfits to go with a group of soft, me first players. When nobody wants to play defense, box out, fight for loose balls, and minimize turnovers it doesn't matter how much you score.

We can compare notes next March.
With our clear pg and clear center now?
Maybe by year 3 or 4??
Cam being recruited by blue bloods and as our leading returning scorer by far...
And we crashed.

Where freshman who barely played go? Not as much

With our clear pg and clear center now?
Maybe by year 3 or 4??
Cam being recruited by blue bloods and as our leading returning scorer by far...
And we crashed.

Where freshman who barely played go? Not as much

I guess we'll find out if Carr is capable of playing PG and if any of the bigs can be effective. The guys we had clearly weren't.

Where anyone ends up either matters or it doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT