ADVERTISEMENT

TV in 2 years will show the Zoo instead of the suites

How are they going to flip it? Maybe he meant that the cameras will be on the opposite side so they face the Zoo.

The "Pitt" at center court is currently facing the Zoo and the tv camera. They will flip the Pitt so they can move the TV cameras so they will face the Zoo and so Pitt will not be upside down.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
It's been talked about on this board since the first season of the Pete. The current camera side along with the Courtside boxes were both major bonehead decisions.

Back in the heyday of the Pete, I took a guest (a few rows behind of the Zoo) who had only watched on TV. They were blown away by the atmosphere compared to what it looked like on TV.

A sold out Pete looks like a morgue on TV.

Lyke seems to get the details better than her predecessors ever did.

The Zoo will be behind the benches, which is awesome. Not sure when I never thought of that before.

Last edited:
Reactions: rrig5 and bobfree
The "Pitt" at center court is currently facing the Zoo and the tv camera. They will flip the Pitt so they can move the TV cameras so they will face the Zoo and so Pitt will not be upside down.

Oh, OK. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

DH2_1532.jpg
These are just too nice not to wear.

I think back when the Pete opened the idea of having suites court side was a unique and novel idea they wanted to show up on TV as something to make the Pitt identifiable immediately from any other Venue. That being said, I think it will be cooler with them at the bottom of the screen now and all the crazies shown in full effect. Great decision by our amazing athletic director. I love how she is all about tradition and the fans. So nice to have someone in that spot who gets it for once.

It's been talked about on this board since the first season of the Pete. The current camera side along with the Courtside boxes were both major bonehead decisions.

Back in the heyday of the Pete, I took a guest (a few rows behind of the Zoo) who had only watched on TV. They were blown away by the atmosphere compared to what it looked like on TV.

A sold out Pete looks like a morgue on TV.

Lyke seems to get the details better than her predecessors ever did.
This is great news, but you're correct in that this is not a new idea. I think someone (maybe Paco) quoted how expensive (and it was close to 7 figures, if I recall correctly) it would be to make this change and that's why it hasn't been done up until now.

this isn't rocket science but another easy win for lyke

previous 6 or so AD's hands tied?
I wonder if there was prodding from Capel to make the change and make the "home court advantage" an advantage? He knows what Cameron is like, and maybe it prompted him seek out a way to get the Zoo back at courtside and more involved. Don't know really, just wondering.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The other part of this is that a project such as this takes not just money but time and effort.

I'm just glad there's an AD here who gets the whole picture and is willing to put in the work.

This is great news, but you're correct in that this is not a new idea. I think someone (maybe Paco) quoted how expensive (and it was close to 7 figures, if I recall correctly) it would be to make this change and that's why it hasn't been done up until now.

Last edited:
Reactions: rrig5 and FireballZ
Lyke makes another easy and smart decision
two years? I can get three buddies and move a couple cameras and unscrew a couple seats to place them and be done by the end of this weekend (and that includes drinking while doing it)....

two years? I can get three buddies and move a couple cameras and unscrew a couple seats to place them and be done by the end of this weekend (and that includes drinking while doing it)....
The seats have already been sold.

every seat in the arena is sold? I mean how many seats are we talking about to reposition a few cameras and would that not free up spots where the camera locations used to be?
Floor and The Suites. Then seats in the Lower Bowl have been sold too.

Floor and The Suites
ok, I plead ignorance here but aren't they just changing camera angles and moving the bench from one side of the court to the other? The ticketed zoo seats for the remain the same. The ticketed seats on the suite side remain the same. I do not know what you mean by "lower bowl and suites". I'm thinking you are correct, but I do not get it..

Heather is so good that she is even a better at smiling than our former AD that was nicknamed "Smiley".

It really is amazing how simple, common sense decisions can be made by perfectly rational people. I consider Miss Heather to be perfectly rational.

Guy Smiley was a control freak jagoff.

Reactions: Saboteur
Now..... the script pitt at center court, if they're repainting it onto the court, what color scheme will it be in?

I wonder if there was prodding from Capel to make the change and make the "home court advantage" an advantage? He knows what Cameron is like, and maybe it prompted him seek out a way to get the Zoo back at courtside and more involved. Don't know really, just wondering.

She did say that both of the new head coaches brought it up.

Along the lines of "you know the court is backwards, right?"

Reactions: Saboteur
Nit picky but I don't like the lighter color used for the court outside of the three point arc. Go dark, give the wood some character. Think: old Boston Garden (not that you can literally replicate that without tearing apart some house from the 19th century)

ADVERTISEMENT