ADVERTISEMENT

twyman cut

They have to waive him in order to put him on the restricted list. It's just a roster move. When he clears waivers he'll likely stay on the Vikings and then when he's ready to participate they can take him off the restricted list.

They have to waive him in order to put him on the restricted list. It's just a roster move. When he clears waivers he'll likely stay on the Vikings and then when he's ready to participate they can take him off the restricted list.
This. Nobody is holding a roster spot for a 6th round pick that has questionable immediate value and few teams are going to try to poach that guy.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
Procedural move per NFL writer

Waiving Twyman with an NFI designation is just a procedural move. Theoretically another team could claim him, but that's highly unlikely for a 6th-round rookie who's not yet fully healthy for NFL activity. I expect the Vikings will activate him as soon as he's back to 100%.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Procedural move per NFL writer

Waiving Twyman with an NFI designation is just a procedural move. Theoretically another team could claim him, but that's highly unlikely for a 6th-round rookie who's not yet fully healthy for NFL activity. I expect the Vikings will activate him as soon as he's back to 100%.
Regardless, Zelda will still be pissed that he opted out.

The problem is that if you claim him you are in the same boat that the Vikings are in. If he's not ready to play and you want to put him on the NFI list you have to waive him first. And if you don't then he takes up a roster spot.

I don't know about any of that stuff. But I suspect he is fine and good enough to take a roster spot.

I am pulling for JT! He opted out to see his body to help his family by making NFL $$$ and that is worth pulling for! Get well and H2P!

I don't know about any of that stuff. But I suspect he is fine and good enough to take a roster spot.
He protected his interest by reporting to camp. The Vikings protected their interest by waiving him. They have a mutual interest in his full recovery. He's closer to being physically ready for the NFL than I am, but he's not yet all the way there..

He protected his interest by reporting to camp. The Vikings protected their interest by waiving him. They have a mutual interest in his full recovery. He's closer to being physically ready for the NFL than I am, but he's not yet all the way there..

While this might have been "breaking news" to Pitt fans, my guess is that Vikings management knew exactly what Twyman was going to do, and that Twyman and his agent knew exactly what the Vikings were going to do.

ADVERTISEMENT