ADVERTISEMENT

UCF -14

Yeah I saw that. I made the number 17.5 so obviously I think it’s a little light.

Only BetOnline has a number up though, their openers not the most reliable by a longshot. We will see what Wynn says in the next hour or so.

Reactions: paulbl99
They should boat race us for 600 yards, but this is those kind of game that we win, but think we are a bad team , so go with boat race....

Last edited:
Like he says this is the type of game Pitt pulls out of their ass. When the base it at its breaking point and about to give up on them, Pitt wins and gives the worse gift they can. Hope. They did it last year against Miami.
It is all about matchups. Miami’s QB was awful. UCF has one of the best offenses and a very good college QB. No chance.

Somebody betting Pitt out there, wiseguy money too as they wouldn’t move that much off public money and the public doesn’t bet this early anyway.

Ohio St getting some sharp money as well. One group I know of running around town that took all of the OSU -3.5 numbers.

It is all about matchups. Miami’s QB was awful. UCF has one of the best offenses and a very good college QB. No chance.
I expect a track meet hosted by UCF, they should score at will for the Pitt Def. couldn’t shut down household water even thou it has a spigot. Granted this is one of the games on the schedule that Pitt finds a way to win, more often than not the opponent fails to take them seriously and plays down to their level. Knowing how poorly this PItt team performs the final score should probably be in the neighborhood of UCF 56 PItt 34. HCPN wanted to change the culture and not be satisfied with 6 wins and a bowl trip, PN might give that a second thought because achieving 6 wins is doubtful.

I expect a track meet hosted by UCF, they should score at will for the Pitt Def. couldn’t shut down household water even thou it has a spigot. Granted this is one of the games on the schedule that Pitt finds a way to win, more often than not the opponent fails to take them seriously and plays down to their level. Knowing how poorly this PItt team performs the final score should probably be in the neighborhood of UCF 56 PItt 34. HCPN wanted to change the culture and not be satisfied with 6 wins and a bowl trip, PN might give that a second thought because achieving 6 wins is doubtful.
The score will be similar to that if UCF takes their foot off the gas pedal. We have scored 10 total points the entire second half this year. It is going to be hot and humid. That should make it even more difficult on our team later in the game.

The score will be similar to that if UCF takes their foot off the gas pedal. We have scored 10 total points the entire second half this year. It is going to be hot and humid. That should make it even more difficult on our team later in the game.
Good point Diehard but I am hoping they return to HC Dave Hart days and the refs keep the clock running during timeouts, out of bounds plays, commercials and most of all the 25 min. or so half time. That may keep UCF under 60 points. Even with all this disapppointment I really hope they can get an upset win.

I well remember those Dave Hart/Carl DePasqua days. Pitt was getting killed against ND one year, and later in the game, Denny Ferris noticed that the clock was still running and ran over to the ref telling him to stop the clock. He didn't realize that the refs were doing it on purpose. The ref told him they were keeping the clock running for Pitt's own good.

Ferris was a Bellevue boy who went to North Catholic, I think. A good kid.

It was actually ridiculous. They had no business making those decisions. I don't remember if the Pitt coaches concurred or not.

I well remember those Dave Hart/Carl DePasqua days. Pitt was getting killed against ND one year, and later in the game, Denny Ferris noticed that the clock was still running and ran over to the ref telling him to stop the clock. He didn't realize that the refs were doing it on purpose. The ref told him they were keeping the clock running for Pitt's own good.

Ferris was a Bellevue boy who went to North Catholic, I think. A good kid.
Hart’s Panthers lined up against ND, may have been 1966 at PItt Stadium and the Irish if I recall correctly put 60+ on the board. ND RB Bill Wolski scored 6 TD’s in that scrimmage, painfull then as a PItt fan but now it is just laughable.

It was actually ridiculous. They had no business making those decisions. I don't remember if the Pitt coaches concurred or not.
I believe the Pitt coaches agreed, almost like the mercy rule. It just was not one game, Miami, ND, PSU etc. come to mind. Very sad period of PItt football and there have been many.

UCF fan here. I come in peace. IMO, UCF has gotten a little too cocky and has strayed from the chip on their shoulder that benefited them last year. They are ripe for the picking - but only if Mackenzie Milton plays "bored".

In other words, UCF is going to go down at some point soon and it will be a hard crash. Down here in the South (SEC land), the trolls are smacking their lips the moment it happens.

I definitely think you have a chance. And it would not surprise if this were the week.

Now the 2017 Knights ? They would win this game by 30 points. That was a once in a lifetime team. But this team ? A pale imitation.

UCF fan here. I come in peace. IMO, UCF has gotten a little too cocky and has strayed from the chip on their shoulder that benefited them last year. They are ripe for the picking - but only if Mackenzie Milton plays "bored".

In other words, UCF is going to go down at some point soon and it will be a hard crash. Down here in the South (SEC land), the trolls are smacking their lips the moment it happens.

I definitely think you have a chance. And it would not surprise if this were the week.

Now the 2017 Knights ? They would win this game by 30 points. That was a once in a lifetime team. But this team ? A pale imitation.
MM being bored means he was injured, twisted ankle. He will not be bored this Saturday. With all due respect, he'll feast on the Pitt secondary. If Pitt can run, keep the ball on O, they have a much better chance of winning. The UCF D line is not strong, so we shall see.

MM being bored means he was injured, twisted ankle. He will not be bored this Saturday. With all due respect, he'll feast on the Pitt secondary. If Pitt can run, keep the ball on O, they have a much better chance of winning. The UCF D line is not strong, so we shall see.

Neither here nor there, but I hope UCF can make it to the ACC one day.

I think we'd bring a lot to the ACC.

Damn good facilities. Good overall sports program. Great recruiting base for all ACC teams. Good fan support. High TV ratings. Good booster and donor base. And I don't think Miami would oppose it. FSU on the other hand......

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Neither here nor there, but I hope UCF can make it to the ACC one day.

I think we'd bring a lot to the ACC.

Damn good facilities. Good overall sports program. Great recruiting base for all ACC teams. Good fan support. High TV ratings. Good booster and donor base. And I don't think Miami would oppose it. FSU on the other hand......
I am not here to start an argument and Pitt has nothing to brag about, but you play in a glorified HS football stadium, nobody cares about UCF basketball, and you receive average fan support when winning. UCF is a work in progress, but maybe down the line if other moving parts shift in college athletics.

I am not here to start an argument and Pitt has nothing to brag about, but you play in a glorified HS football stadium, nobody cares about UCF basketball, and you receive average fan support when winning. UCF is a work in progress, but maybe down the line if other moving parts shift in college athletics.
I agree with this. It will be a tough game this Saturday for this reason.

UCF is a work in progress, but so is every program in the ACC not named Clemson.

I would think a fair line would be Pitt +24. Even if Pitt were getting 24, I would still put my money on UCF. They will not even need their punter for this one. Should be exciting to see Dennis Briggs and some of our other clueless d-backs cover their spread O. Maybe we can keep 3 o 4 linebackers on the field at all times. Narduzzi has no idea how to defend a spread offense.
UCF 56 Pitt 29

I think UCF has huge potential. They have plans to expand their stadium to 60,000+, are currently renovating almost all of their facilities, and have one of if not the largest school in the country almost out of nowhere. Within the next generation that’s going to mean big time attendance and revenue.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Somebody betting Pitt out there, wiseguy money too as they wouldn’t move that much off public money and the public doesn’t bet this early anyway.

Ohio St getting some sharp money as well. One group I know of running around town that took all of the OSU -3.5 numbers.

Looks like an average around -13.5 right now. Strange. Unless people are betting on Pitt stopping another long winning streak.

Looks like an average around -13.5 right now. Strange. Unless people are betting on Pitt stopping another long winning streak.

The Westgate is by far the sharpest book in Vegas and they’re hanging the lone -13 now. Hoping that’s a good omen.

I don’t really see why actually, UCF’s defense has certainly taken a step back and Pitt should score some points, but they are really going to need some turnovers to have a chance in this game.

If they are in position to run it up there is no reason for UCF not to. The fact that the total is only 66 tells me that there are people that see Pitt being able to dictate the pace somewhat.

We won’t be able to stop them unless they help us by turning the ball over and making mistakes. If they play well they can easily get into the 50s. If they don’t and they stay in the 30s we can hang around.

Could be Pitt 9-3-1 ATS as a double digit underdog? but watch some unc film plays and you'll say ucf covers. yikes.

The Westgate is by far the sharpest book in Vegas and they’re hanging the lone -13 now. Hoping that’s a good omen.

I don’t really see why actually, UCF’s defense has certainly taken a step back and Pitt should score some points, but they are really going to need some turnovers to have a chance in this game.

If they are in position to run it up there is no reason for UCF not to. The fact that the total is only 66 tells me that there are people that see Pitt being able to dictate the pace somewhat.
You have to factor in Pitt being outscored 73-10 in the 2nd half and it is going to be hot and humid in Orlando. I fully expect UCF to keep the throttle down to make a statement.

Several others have dropped the line to -13, yet the betting trends show 68% of the bets on UCF. I don't know enough about how this stuff works, but that seems weird. Using your terms, is it squares on UCF and sharps on Pitt?

Several others have dropped the line to -13, yet the betting trends show 68% of the bets on UCF. I don't know enough about how this stuff works, but that seems weird. Using your terms, is it squares on UCF and sharps on Pitt?

I would definitely say the money on Pitt was sharp money FWIW. No one is going to be betting that early on a game like that unless they were making their own numbers and thought it was off.

You can’t really trust those sites that show the percentage wagered on each team because the books aren’t required to divulge that information. Some do, many that I know of don’t.

ADVERTISEMENT