ADVERTISEMENT

UNC -8.5

They haven’t played in a week and have Duke this weekend. I like Pitt, maybe not to win, but wouldn’t shock me for a cover or win.

Seems… high?
Well, it is in the Sagarin ratings range. "Predictor is 8.28, "Golden Mean" 8.93, "Overall" 7.58, "Recent" 6.21. That UNC is playing better now than when Pitt beat them earlier and game is in Chapel Hill suggests the higher prediction. The Sagarin "Recent" rating and UNC possibly being in a trap game with Duke coming up would suggest that 6 to 6.5 might be a better prediction. Glad I don't gamble -- as a Pitt fan I am just hoping for the upset.

I kind of have a gut feeling that tonight is the night we get pasted. Just seems like we're due for a total rotten egg. I would love to eat crow on that.

I kind of have a gut feeling that tonight is the night we get pasted. Just seems like we're due for a total rotten egg. I would love to eat crow on that.
I feel the same way. I saw the spread and thought it was high, but then said I could easily see us losing by double digits.

I did a same game parlay of Pitt +12.5 and over 65.5. Those missed front ends killed me and cost me money, but I was still so excited after the win that I bought a round of shots for the bar down here in NC. Luckily, the remaining crowd were either indifferent or Dookies. Twas a fun, but costly night!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT