ADVERTISEMENT

UNC ACC Schedule

Pitt_Boss

Freshman
Dec 15, 2008
Was just looking at UNC's ACC games this year:
Duke, Pitt, GA Tech, Virginia, Florida St, Wake Forest, Boston College, NC State

On paper before the season, that looks like a schedule hand-tailored for an ACC-CG run. Now Pitt, GT, BC are looking better than expected so far, but before the season, FSU looked to be the only formidable opponent. Really was setup for UNC to go 7-1 in conference play (if a FSU loss) or maybe 8-0 with a FSU upset. They have to be beside themselves that their QB went down, especially given how beatable FSU is in reality.

Don't worry, they got a nice UNC-favorable slate in 2025 too: Duke, Cal, Stanford, Virginia, Wake, NC State, Cuse, Clemson. I'd expect Cuse to maybe be not as good next year without McCord, so really it's Clemson (at home) and 7 very winnable game.

I know part of this is a function of the ACC having a lot of mid (or worse teams), but still 2 years without playing any of Miami, Louisville, VA Tech (usually strong teams) and then only 1 each year from FSU & Clemson.

At least in 2026 their luck run out a bit: Miami, @Clemson, Louisville, at PITT, Notre Dame OOC game, plus maybe their rival NC State won't stink by then. Of course, I expect the ACC to somehow change the matchups by then for some contrived reason.

I know part of this is a function of the ACC having a lot of mid (or worse teams), but still 2 years without playing any of Miami, Louisville, VA Tech (usually strong teams) and then only 1 each year from FSU & Clemson.
I don't know if I'd call them usually strong teams. They are teams usually expected to be strong, but not actually being strong consistently.

I don't know if I'd call them usually strong teams. They are teams usually expected to be strong, but not actually being strong consistently.
Fair enough, like I said, you run out of 'name' teams pretty fast in the ACC. For me it's Miami, FL State, Clemson. Some would put VA TECH too but Pitt has beat them too many times and they falter a lot as you mentioned. Still, if you are picking without knowing specific season details, you'd assume that most year Boston College and Wake are easier games than Louisville and VA Tech.

Was just looking at UNC's ACC games this year:
Duke, Pitt, GA Tech, Virginia, Florida St, Wake Forest, Boston College, NC State

On paper before the season, that looks like a schedule hand-tailored for an ACC-CG run. Now Pitt, GT, BC are looking better than expected so far, but before the season, FSU looked to be the only formidable opponent. Really was setup for UNC to go 7-1 in conference play (if a FSU loss) or maybe 8-0 with a FSU upset. They have to be beside themselves that their QB went down, especially given how beatable FSU is in reality.

Don't worry, they got a nice UNC-favorable slate in 2025 too: Duke, Cal, Stanford, Virginia, Wake, NC State, Cuse, Clemson. I'd expect Cuse to maybe be not as good next year without McCord, so really it's Clemson (at home) and 7 very winnable game.

At least in 2026 their luck run out a bit: Miami, @Clemson, Louisville, at PITT, Notre Dame OOC game, plus maybe their rival NC State won't stink by then. Of course, I expect the ACC to somehow change the matchups by then for some contrived reason.
Duke, NCSU, Wake and UVA are all rivalry games. Regardless of their records, I wouldn’t pencil any of those in as wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT