ADVERTISEMENT

Underrated awful fanbase to deal with

BLH2P

Scholarship
Mar 19, 2019
Virginia Tech fans can be insufferable.

Just take a look at their fan forum and how they look down on ACC programs, especially Pitt, which is funny considering they haven’t been able to beat any of them consistently.

They have the arrogance of Penn St fans but unknown to them, a perpetually 6-6 VT squad doesn’t bring the cache they think it does. They’re in serious danger of being left out too.

Dealing with them in Blacksburg isn’t super fun either.

it's weird but the Hokie fan base travels well to pittsburgh and every single time i've encountered them in pittsburgh, they've been very friendly. I used to live in Mt washington and even dating back to the early 00s, i'd see them all over mt washington, south side, station square and i kid you not, they seem to be all very nice. even in the lots, pre and post game..

Of course it's tough to paint a whole fan base on one online post or even on the people i've met. I am sure they have their fair share of jerks like any fan base.... Trying to be objective though, they are a good program but nothing even close to being nationally recognized and we are going on two decades from their Vick "glory years."

I think it’s kinda funny that the Virginia Tech poster felt the need to include Old Dominion (and James Madison) in that group. I don’t think you can consider yourself “back” until you have bigger fish to fry than them…
Maybe they are trying to get back to their pre-Big East days. They are 31 and 17 against ODU, and 16 and 21 against James Madison.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT