ADVERTISEMENT

Unheralded Play of the Game/Attendance Next Week

No reason not to show up for an SEC opponent and a good one at that. Who knows when you’ll see another SEC school play here so I’m hoping we have a near sell out. At least 60k anyway
I think the Vols are more like a middle of the pack SEC team. Vols are to the SEC what Purdue is to the Big 10.

Tell them that you had a contract tracing for COVID and you can’t attend the wedding. Send them a card with money and come to the game. If they find out later that you went to the game tell them on Friday you’re cleared by your doctor. Problem solved

• Haha
Reactions: VolDayLong
Dusty and Danny ESPN on SiriusXM this morning had on matt Berrie who did the game for ESPN.

He said the pregame and game atmosphere was one of the best he’s ever experienced. Students were lined up outside the game day production area at 2pm. He said it was like a powered keg all day pre game and during the game ready to explode….Dev’s pick 6…it exploded!

He couldn’t say enough about the experience. It was all unexpected and positive and thought it made Pitt look great. Dusty (on OKL guy) also agreed and was the one who brought it up as a huge talking point for week 1. He made a point ask about it before going to the week 2 games since he was so blown away by watching on TV.

Berrie thought It was 60/70 vs 40/30 Pitt in his estimate. He loved it. He even brought up the pitiful showing at UCLA in comparison.

I know we are all tired of the attendance thing. I know I am, but nationally I think it matters for some reason. Pitt was on display and they exceeded the expectations.

on to TENN!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT