ADVERTISEMENT

Unpopular opinion...

Rm250racr4

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2014
If these guys ( mainly Hayes and Deshields) are transferring because they want more money, then I am not upset that we are not paying them those bigger numbers. I think Deshields is a very good player and was poised for a big role and hopefully huge year this year. However is he worth say 1 million dollars? ( I am making up numbers but I would say I am not too far off) That is alot of money and I know other schools are willing to pay it. However, every player has a worth. Hayes has been not been a top tier player since he got here. Deshields has that opportunity however in a room with alot of young talent that is pushing to playing time, why pay all that money when you don't have too?

Unfortunately it has to get super bad for there to be changes. Big schools are losing top end talent to other schools. Let it get just horrid and harm the product on the field and schools ( think UCLA being hundreds of millions in debt) so that something gets done. I would rather take some pain now to fix the problem in the nearish future than let this craziness destroy the whole game further.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News