ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Dior and John?

Duneaux Harm

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2020
I don’t live in PA and so don’t get access to radio sources to understand where things stand.

Haven’t seen anything on free board.

What is status of John’s injury?

And where is Dior? I thought he was released on bond but what’s next? Preliminary coming up?

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I don’t live in PA and so don’t get access to radio sources to understand where things stand.

Haven’t seen anything on free board.

What is status of John’s injury?

And where is Dior? I thought he was released on bond but what’s next? Preliminary coming up?
I am sure the Dior timeframe will be similar to Hugley and Horton so....winter. The difference is that he won't be reinstated unless maybe if the girl says she was lying or something like that and even then, I'm not sure because she appears to have had bruises. Dior is gone as far as I'm concerned. I didn't feel that way about Hugley and Horton. I said both would be back and nobody agreed with me

I am sure the Dior timeframe will be similar to Hugley and Horton so....winter. The difference is that he won't be reinstated unless maybe if the girl says she was lying or something like that and even then, I'm not sure because she appears to have had bruises. Dior is gone as far as I'm concerned. I didn't feel that way about Hugley and Horton. I said both would be back and nobody agreed with me
Most of us thought that they’d be reinstated; the concern was more that the courts’ schedule doesn’t care about basketball season.

The difference is Dior is in jail awaiting trial since he’s charged with a felony

• Haha
Seems the reporters omitted that
Last I read
That was debunked almost immediately. But really does it matter? SMF is rarely right, but he’s probably right to wash his hands of Dior and consider him gone. My question is whether he’s going to class. I’d have to think no as he had no interest in college anyway. And I do wonder if he’s still in Oakland. Considering Dior wasn’t even on campus long enough to unpack his suitcase, he should probably write a book entitled “how to ruin a life in 5 minutes”.

That was debunked almost immediately. But really does it matter? SMF is rarely right, but he’s probably right to wash his hands of Dior and consider him gone. My question is whether he’s going to class. I’d have to think no as he had no interest in college anyway. And I do wonder if he’s still in Oakland. Considering Dior wasn’t even on campus long enough to unpack his suitcase, he should probably write a book entitled “how to ruin a life in 5 minutes”.
He was here 1 week, not 5 minutes.

I don't see how anyone thinks this guy plays at Pitt again. This isnt a joyride or a scuffle with an overagressive cop.

He was here 1 week, not 5 minutes.

I don't see how anyone thinks this guy plays at Pitt again. This isnt a joyride or a scuffle with an overagressive cop.
I don’t think anyone does but I do wonder who wants him to play. There are things in life more important that basketball

I don't want him anywhere near the Pitt campus, let alone in a Pitt uniform playing basketball and representing my university. If he ever does, I'm not watching.

I don’t think anyone does but I do wonder who wants him to play. There are things in life more important that basketball
Is the girl a Pitt student? If so, the school should treat it like any other alleged student on student violence - and probably expell him. If not, I say play so long as he is free. If found guilty, I trust the state to punish him as they would anyone else.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
Pitt has had plenty of football and hoops players run into legal problems. Not a lot of guys hanging around after assaults against women

Reactions: Drew1208
I'm curious about one aspect of these player cases. The legal system is based on the presumption of innocence. The state has to prove it's case and if they do the person is convicted and sentenced. Academia seems to embrace the notion of guilty until proven innocent. An accusation and charges are sufficient to have someone suspended from the team. I find this interesting.

Cruzer

Reactions: PeetWeet2
I'm curious about one aspect of these player cases. The legal system is based on the presumption of innocence. The state has to prove it's case and if they do the person is convicted and sentenced. Academia seems to embrace the notion of guilty until proven innocent. An accusation and charges are sufficient to have someone suspended from the team. I find this interesting.

Cruzer
Yes, colleges use a lower legal standard to administer discipline to students. Men's rights and right-wing groups have fought this as it often leads to male students getting kicked out of school due to drunken one night stands where the female was too drunk to give consent

• Haha
Yes, colleges use a lower legal standard to administer discipline to students. Men's rights and right-wing groups have fought this as it often leads to male students getting kicked out of school due to drunken one night stands where the female was too drunk to give consent
If I’m arrested for punching my co-worker, and the charges are eventually dismissed for one reason or another, I still very well could get fired from my job. That’s a lower standard of discipline. It’s also totally reasonable.

If I’m arrested for punching my co-worker, and the charges are eventually dismissed for one reason or another, I still very well could get fired from my job. That’s a lower standard of discipline. It’s also totally reasonable.
Yea I know, I'm not saying I disagree with it. As I said, right wing groups were pressuring the Department of Education to rectify this perceived unfairness to men. Betsy DeVos was trying to put in a policy which would have made it a stricter legal standard for those drunken one night stands but I'm not sure if that ever went through. Any way to help young, privileged white males, who they felt were being unjustly persecuted for banging drunk women.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT