ADVERTISEMENT

UPJ 2 national champion wrestlers

PittEngineer12

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2011
UPJ had two wrestlers win the national championship in their respective weight classes over the weekend. Also had a runner up (Scott McKillops cousin) lose to a guy who went undefeated in his collegiate career. UPJ finished 4th overall after a disappointing first day this was a good turnaround but I think they as a team could have done better but two champions is hard to complain about.

http://pittjohnstownathletics.com/n...-wrestlers-advance-to-ncaa-quarterfinals.aspx

If they were to wrestle Pitt - what do u think the score would be? Also, why didn't we hire Pecora awhile ago when he was winning national titles?

I think Pitt would win anywhere from 24-34 to 6 for UPJ

UPJ would have a chance at 133 Roberts is a Ohio state transfer so he's competed with the best.
But forys is tough

UPJ may sleek one either at 184 Mckillop. He has crazy good hips but just couldn't beat this undefeated kid. He still won't most dominant wrestler award even after the loss. 165 would be fun with Reinhart but I don't see him winning for sure.

So 6 at the max point wise for UPJ. Really depends who would get up for it. Wish they would exhibition wrestle would be good for both teams preseason.

And i dont know why Pecora never was picked off by Pitt or anyone else with his success early on at UPJ. He's the AD there now as well so he's very comfortable I'm sure now.

I think Pitt would win anywhere from 24-34 to 6 for UPJ

UPJ would have a chance at 133 Roberts is a Ohio state transfer so he's competed with the best.
But forys is tough

UPJ may sleek one either at 184 Mckillop. He has crazy good hips but just couldn't beat this undefeated kid. He still won't most dominant wrestler award even after the loss. 165 would be fun with Reinhart but I don't see him winning for sure.

So 6 at the max point wise for UPJ. Really depends who would get up for it. Wish they would exhibition wrestle would be good for both teams preseason.

And i dont know why Pecora never was picked off by Pitt or anyone else with his success early on at UPJ. He's the AD there now as well so he's very comfortable I'm sure now.
My understanding is about 10-15 years ago Pecora was offered and accepted the job at Maryland. On the trip home his wife made a big fuss about not wanting to go, and changed his mind to remain at Pitt-Johnstown. Perhaps is urban legend around here.

Reactions: PittEngineer12
Coach Pat is very much a part of that community. Always seemed really happy to be there and is an icon. I thought he would be great at Pitt main but never thought he'd ever leave UPJ. I learned more in my year wrestling for him than I did in my 13 years of wrestling before that. His system of basics is amazing. Absolutely brilliant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT