ADVERTISEMENT

US Open Seedings

upitt98

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2010
Pitttsburgh, PA
Nino Bonaccorsi seeded at 9th and Nico Megaludis (Pittsburgh Regional Training) seeded at 1st for the US Open.

Colton, Kemerer and Cole Mathews all looked good in 1st round matches in the junior division

I believe he is 27

Not sure what his wrestling future looks like, he already has one foot out the door working as a financial adviser for his dad. Plus he wrestles at a non-Olympic weight.

Reactions: omega
Somersetpanther...Nico, not Nino. Maybe that's the confusion.

Nico graduated from PSU in 2016.

Nino also was in the senior division but lost to a very good redshirt guy from Va Tech, right off the bat - Hunter Bolen.

Anybody have any "inside baseball" info on the Pitt guys in the junior division? I am wondering what their thoughts are on the competition and their performance.

Cole lost 11-0 to Andrew Alirez the #1 seed and a hammer in the round of 16 and then lost to PJ Ogunsanya who wrestles at Army and finished 6th in the consi round of 16.

Colton lost to Kyle Biscoglia a freshman at UNI in round 2, Kyle is decent he finished 7th and Midlands this year. He lost to Jace Koelzer in the consi round of 16 but don't much about him except he is a freshman Northern Colorado.

Luke lost to Anthony Artalona former #1 recruit at his weight, freshman at Penn, and finished 6th in round 2. He then lost to Garrett Model a RS freshman at Wisky in the consi round of 8. He did have a good win over Sonny Santiago.

Somersetpanther...Nico, not Nino. Maybe that's the confusion.

Nico graduated from PSU in 2016.

Nino also was in the senior division but lost to a very good redshirt guy from Va Tech, right off the bat - Hunter Bolen.

Anybody have any "inside baseball" info on the Pitt guys in the junior division? I am wondering what their thoughts are on the competition and their performance.
Geez yes I misspoke right off the bat and got everyone screwed up. Sorry. I meant Nino but had just read about Megaludis and was still thinking bout him i guess when I asked about Nino.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT