ADVERTISEMENT

USA Soccer thread

I dont follow the Pens but basically I think you are right. I don't think they offer a ton of protection from getting Covid but they do work magically in preventing symptomatic Covid, serious illness, and death and that's pretty awesome.

BTW, I went on the USA site because they're offering pre-paid parking for tonight. $60. WTF. Is that for a spot next to Berhalter. I paid $5 for a Columbus garage across from Nationwide arena and a 10 minute walk. I will try the same in Cincy though I hear the stadium isnt downtown and is in a "neighborhood" so that might be more challenging. Maybe I'll DM Tyler Boyd (the Bengal, not the USMNT one) and ask if I can park at his house.
You should not make opinions on medical issues unless you have facts. Covid 2 dose vacccines(especially Moderna) does a good job of preventing Covid disease. It is not 100%. You are 5 times more likely to contract Covid if unvaccinated compared to being fully vaccinated. If unvaccinated you are close to 90-100 % likely to catch Covid if you are out and about with exposure to Covid.

You are incorrect most likely. He tested positive for Covid, but he was treated with covid antibodies. Most likely that treatment will block his immune system from producing antibodies against covid19 because his body has high Covid antibodies levels from the treatment. These antibodies only last a month or so. He will very likely be able to get Covid again unless he is given the vaccine. This has nothing to do with politics. Rodgers and others who do not get the vaccine are mostly very misinformed, stupid, or just plain selfish. In this case it is other’s business because his decision to not get the vaccine affects many other people, not just his own health.
Yeah but if I were forced to wager money on who infected him, I’d put money on a vaccinated person. That’s why it’s political. There is no reason for anyone’s outrage and hatred.

Yeah but if I were forced to wager money on who infected him, I’d put money on a vaccinated person. That’s why it’s political. There is no reason for anyone’s outrage and hatred.
Possibly true, but more likely he would not have been infected with Covid and also less likely to spread it to others.

You should not make opinions on medical issues unless you have facts. Covid 2 dose vacccines(especially Moderna) does a good job of preventing Covid disease. It is not 100%. You are 5 times more likely to contract Covid if unvaccinated compared to being fully vaccinated. If unvaccinated you are close to 90-100 % likely to catch Covid if you are out and about with exposure to Covid.

A Texas study showed unvaccinated people are 40 times more likely to die than vaccinated. That's reason enough to get it. The problem is the vaccine doesn't do a great job of preventing the spread. You are telling young, healthy people, ok, if you dont get the vaccine, there's a 90% chance you will get Covid and only a .0001% chance you die. If you get the vaccine, there's a 20% chance you get Covid and a 0% chance you die but we also don't know any long-term effects of the vaccine. Its not a great sales pitch.

A Texas study showed unvaccinated people are 40 times more likely to die than vaccinated. That's reason enough to get it. The problem is the vaccine doesn't do a great job of preventing the spread. You are telling young, healthy people, ok, if you dont get the vaccine, there's a 90% chance you will get Covid and only a .0001% chance you die. If you get the vaccine, there's a 20% chance you get Covid and a 0% chance you die but we also don't know any long-term effects of the vaccine. Its not a great sales pitch.
There is zero evidence of long term effects from the vaccine. mRNA vaccines have been around for years and no long term effects. There is no scientific reason to expect any long term effects from Covid vaccines.

Big win Canada over MX now creating two points separating the top four teams after this rotation. Only the top three get auto qualifyer. Tough two games for MX losing both. Canada seems like the real deal but how much does it help being able to play in below freezing weather on astrotrurf at home against from of these tropical countries?

US has two must wins at home next set.

Big win Canada over MX now creating two points separating the top four teams after this rotation. Only the top three get auto qualifyer. Tough two games for MX losing both. Canada seems like the real deal but how much does it help being able to play in below freezing weather on astrotrurf at home against from of these tropical countries?

US has two must wins at home next set.
That Mexico Canada game was ridiculous like playing on concrete. That looked painful hitting the ground. Mexico looks like they are falling apart but I still don't trust Canada although line them US they seem to be getting better athletes.

That Mexico Canada game was ridiculous like playing on concrete. That looked painful hitting the ground. Mexico looks like they are falling apart but I still don't trust Canada although line them US they seem to be getting better athletes.

Canada is legit good. Alphonso Davies is arguably the best player in CONCACAF and most of their other players are playing in good mid-level Euro leagues.

Canada is legit good. Alphonso Davies is arguably the best player in CONCACAF and most of their other players are playing in good mid-level Euro leagues.
Can’t disagree. But they don’t have the depth. They are top 3 here, but they have a tough 3 game window that will be quite a challenge for them. Going to Central America twice with the US in between, playing every three days…

ADVERTISEMENT