Arizona State
Washington State
@ Utah
@ Arizona
California
Colorado
@ UCLA
Notre Dame

Wow, I guess the Little Giants weren't available this year? I don't think the time difference is the only reason people don't watch this conference.

Reactions: Lad9 and Pittnerski
Just looked out of curiosity...

Rice
@ Stanford
Fresno State
@ Oregon State
Arizona State
Washington State
@ Utah
@ Arizona
California
Colorado
@ UCLA
Notre Dame

Wow, I guess the Little Giants weren't available this year? I don't think the time difference is the only reason people don't watch this conference.
Will be 11-0 with ND coming in.

pac 12 is not good. acc gets little respect as a P5 conference and i'd put the ACC over the pac 12 any day of the week.

PAC 12 is the worst of the bunch, and it's really not close. Probably the worst in both major sports, actually.

Ohio State's JV team, in a bowl game they didn't even care to be in, beat a Utah team playing in its Super Bowl that handled the second best team in the conference (Oregon) twice.

Will be 11-0 with ND coming in.

No they won't... they're USC. New regime... I get it. But they'll fine a way to lose at least two going into the game against a ND team with a new coach and QB. They'll lose to Fresno State or something and then probably at Utah or in another game unexpectedly.

Rice
@ Stanford
Fresno State
@ Oregon State
Arizona State
Washington State
@ Utah
@ Arizona
California
Colorado
@ UCLA
Notre Dame

Their toughest game might be Fresno.

No they won't... they're USC. New regime... I get it. But they'll fine a way to lose at least two going into the game against a ND team with a new coach and QB. They'll lose to Fresno State or something and then probably at Utah or in another game unexpectedly.
Best QB/WR combo in the country + a weak schedule. You have my SMF guarantee they'll be 11-0. Mark this one down.

PAC 12 is the worst of the bunch, and it's really not close. Probably the worst in both major sports, actually.

Ohio State's JV team, in a bowl game they didn't even care to be in, beat a Utah team playing in its Super Bowl that handled the second best team in the conference (Oregon) twice.
That same Oregon team that beat a healthy Ohio State team during the regular season?

That Ohio State JV team that included CJ Stroud, TreVeyon Henderson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, and 16 of their other 19 regular season starters?

That same Oregon team that beat a healthy Ohio State team during the regular season?

That Ohio State JV team that included CJ Stroud, TreVeyon Henderson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, and 16 of their other 19 regular season starters?

They only have 19 starters? Damn, they must be pretty talented if they're able to play with three less guys than everyone else.

CJsE - there you go bringing facts and rational thought into a good thread rant!

CJsE - there you go bringing facts and rational thought into a good thread rant!

What's rational about it? Ohio State was down two top 15 picks, a 3rd round pick, another dude who signed with the Titans, and probably some others.

No one is claiming upsets don't happen. WMU beat Pitt. Is the MAC better than the ACC all of a sudden? Should Pitt have been awarded the 2016 National Championship for beating Clemson? That is why I specified: That was Utah's Super Bowl. They were pulling out all the stops. Ohio State dropped 48 on them. Marvin Harrison Jr., a dude who caught five passes all year, had three touchdowns.

What's rational about it? Ohio State was down two top 15 picks, a 3rd round pick, another dude who signed with the Titans, and probably some others.

No one is claiming upsets don't happen. WMU beat Pitt. Is the MAC better than the ACC all of a sudden? Should Pitt have been awarded the 2016 National Championship for beating Clemson? That is why I specified: That was Utah's Super Bowl. They were pulling out all the stops. Ohio State dropped 48 on them. Marvin Harrison Jr., a dude who caught five passes all year, had three touchdowns.
Good idea! Let’s claim the 2016 NC!

Thankfully it wasn’t 2017, or we’d be co-champs with UCF, of course.

Whoo hoo! Print the T-shirt’s!

Reactions: USN_Panther
Other 19 starters. 19 starters plus CJ, Treveyon, Jaxon.

What would Pitt fans be saying if we were missing the #10 pick overall, #11 pick overall, #69 pick overall, and another guys who started 7 games?

If you want to go to bat for the PAC 12's validity, be my guest. But you're wrong, and it's been a joke of a conference for years.

Utah lost to Oregon State, San Diego State, and a good BYU team, but one that was only playing its second game since Zach Wilson left. So we can play that game all day.

RIF - CJ already outlined it in his statement. You gave the impression that Ohio State was walking into the game with some slug JV cats - and as CJ laid it out....that was far from the truth.

RIF - CJ already outlined it in his statement. You gave the impression that Ohio State was walking into the game with some slug JV cats - and as CJ laid it out....that was far from the truth.

Okay. Then when Pitt plays a game without three of the top 70 picks in the NFL draft, let's call it full strength.

What would Pitt fans be saying if we were missing the #10 pick overall, #11 pick overall, #69 pick overall, and another guys who started 7 games?

If you want to go to bat for the PAC 12's validity, be my guest. But you're wrong, and it's been a joke of a conference for years.
Oh no, I absolutely agree that the PAC is the worst P5 conference, although the ACC isn't much better.

I just think those were bad arguments to make when Ohio State lost head-to-head against a Pac-12 team in the regular season and had the vast majority of their best players available (including their QB, top WR, and top RB) and won on a field goal with 5 seconds left.

Oh no, I absolutely agree that the PAC is the worst P5 conference, although the ACC isn't much better.

I just think those were bad arguments to make when Ohio State lost head-to-head against a Pac-12 team in the regular season and had the vast majority of their best players available (including their QB, top WR, and top RB) and won on a field goal with 5 seconds left.

Fair enough. I don't think there's a good argument to be made unless every team in the country is playing a round robin tournament against each other. At some point, the eye test, among other things, has to be relied on.

The PAC 12 also had the worst OOC record against P5 competition:

ACC: 8-13
Big 12: 8-6
Big Ten: 14-8
PAC 12: 3-9
SEC: 13-10

The ACC's certainly wasn't good (albeit still a 38% winning percentage compared to 25%), but some of that can be explained by the fact that it played 11 games against the SEC, whereas the PAC 12 only played 3 against the SEC.

Riley is cowardly and insecure, but smart. He was big fish in little pond at Oklahoma in the Big 12. Oklahoma announces move to SEC, Riley want no part of going head to head with Fisher, Saban, etc. Bolts for USC, which while down currently, has big fish/small pond potential and an easy schedule. Also, doubting his own ability to develop players, goes out and buys up a team full of transfers.

The upshoot of all this: I am going to have to root for Notre Dame in a game this year, which I HATE to do. I only root for Notre Dame vs Penn St. I'd even root for WVU against Notre Dame. But go Irish!

I'd say Fresno St, Utah, or UCLA are the best chance for other losses. It really is a weak schedule, they don't even play Oregon. I know USC will win game this year, but I am hoping for like 9-3 at best, 8-4 would be great. Likewise, I don't want to see Addison get hurt, but if ends up with 'just' 85 catches, for 1200 yards and 10 TDs on a pedestrian team going to a minor bowl (that he'll skip)...sounds good to me.

Rice
@ Stanford
Fresno State
@ Oregon State
Arizona State
Washington State
@ Utah
@ Arizona
California
Colorado
@ UCLA
Notre Dame

I absolutely hate USC and Lincoln. I hope they lose all of these games. I think Caleb Williams is way over hyped.

USC first 6 games are a joke. Nobody will watch any of those games and the only person that will be over the top happy will be the USC athletic director.

Utah is like Iowa west. It doesn't always matter if you have more talent. They are going to turn the game into a battle, and they will usually win. Riley struggled with those type of teams at Oklahoma. Iowa State had his number, and Army almost took them down.

They will drop that game and ND, and one or two more along the way. They have a strong skill group but the overall roster is not good enough to meet expectations year one.

Utah is like Iowa west. It doesn't always matter if you have more talent. They are going to turn the game into a battle, and they will usually win. Riley struggled with those type of teams at Oklahoma. Iowa State had his number, and Army almost took them down.

They will drop that game and ND, and one or two more along the way. They have a strong skill group but the overall roster is not good enough to meet expectations year one.
I agree very stable programs

ADVERTISEMENT