ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT best XI

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
FUNdTYoWAAYAmy2
What do you guys think ?

I'd switch Scally and Robinson, CCV and Zimmerman, and figure out a way to have Reyna on the pitch. Honestly might put Weah at 9 and then put either Aaronson or Reyna at wing and the other at the 8. Lots of good problems to have.

I'd switch Scally and Robinson, CCV and Zimmerman, and figure out a way to have Reyna on the pitch. Honestly might put Weah at 9 and then put either Aaronson or Reyna at wing and the other at the 8. Lots of good problems to have.
Weah in the middle and play City’s 2-3-5 striker by committee?

I'm still on team 4-2-3-1.

Turner

Robinson - Richards - Zimmerman - Dest

Adams - McKinnie

Pulisic - Reyna - Aaronson

Weah (unless one of the real number nines can find high level form. I am a skeptic.)

I'm still on team 4-2-3-1.

Turner

Robinson - Richards - Zimmerman - Dest

Adams - McKinnie

Pulisic - Reyna - Aaronson

Weah (unless one of the real number nines can find high level form. I am a skeptic.)
Yeah that’s the best way to get all your best guys on the field at once. Then it kinda falls apart when you get to the #9. I think any one of them can be slotted there and it doesn’t really matter. It’s pot luck with the group we currently have. But squad rotation will need to be accounted for as well. Honestly thinking Weah offers a lot as a super sub to come in when Aaronson runs himself into the ground. Aaronson also looked good at the #8 or #10 last night too so that’s some added versatility to the lineup. Musah is a reserve choice for me.

That’s a solid lineup. I like Robinson at left back and definitely Reyna in there somewhere at the mid/wing if healthy.

I’m still not sure about Dest. I mean he is one of our top talents but he can at times be a defensive liability and I feel like his attacking (which is great) sometimes throws off the rest of the team especially when he tries to play “hero ball”. I’d love for him to eventually figure out how to mix it better and he could be like a Marcelo for the USMNT.

Depending on form I’d also give Musah a long look at the 6/defensive center mid spot.

What’s up with this Haji Wright? Any chance he becomes our striker?

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Aaronson also looked good at the #8 or #10 last night too so that’s some added versatility to the lineup.

Aaronson was the "1" when Salzburg was playing a 4-3-1-2 a lot towards the end of their season. He can be the 10 if you need him to.

BTW, this game against Uruguay on Sunday should be an interesting challenge. Uruguay absolutely ran Mexico off the field Thursday night. They are very good.

Aaronson was the "1" when Salzburg was playing a 4-3-1-2 a lot towards the end of their season. He can be the 10 if you need him to.
Aaronson would have never played there the other night if not for the Milhalovic injury who was called in by the McKennie injury, right? So it’s almost like Berhalter stumbled upon something by accident the other night. I thought Aaronson was so good that it’s going to give Berhalter something to think about moving forward.

Aaronson would have never played there the other night if not for the Milhalovic injury who was called in by the McKennie injury, right? So it’s almost like Berhalter stumbled upon something by accident the other night. I thought Aaronson was so good that it’s going to give Berhalter something to think about moving forward.

That seem to be an affliction that a lot of American national team coaches have. They think they are smarter than everyone else, and they have the correct way to play their players, even if it's different than what their club coaches do with them. And occasionally they stumble across the obvious, frequently because injuries force them to.

I mean we had a coach not too long ago, world famous German guy, who insisted on continually playing a guy who was a left midfielder for his club team at left back, while simultaneously playing a guy who only played left back at his club as the left midfielder.

I can’t find the thread about our USA GK situation so I’ll post it here.

Steffen is going out on loan from Man City to be first choice for English Championship side Middlesborough. Good move.

Horvath is rumored to be going out on loan to Luton Town, who are also in the Championship. I presume it’s also to be first choice GK, otherwise why the loan move? So this too is good.

this means that 2 of our top 3 GK will be playing regular football headed into the World Cup. This is good.

my biggest concern however is Matt Turner. He’s being told that he will have a chance to compete for the #1 job at Arsenal. Obviously that would be awesome but the pessimist in me doesn’t see this as likely. So my opinion is that our top GK (Turner) will not be playing regular football and will not be first choice for Berhalter in November.

FK prediction—Steffen will be our starter.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
I can’t find the thread about our USA GK situation so I’ll post it here.

Steffen is going out on loan from Man City to be first choice for English Championship side Middlesborough. Good move.

Horvath is rumored to be going out on loan to Luton Town, who are also in the Championship. I presume it’s also to be first choice GK, otherwise why the loan move? So this too is good.

this means that 2 of our top 3 GK will be playing regular football headed into the World Cup. This is good.

my biggest concern however is Matt Turner. He’s being told that he will have a chance to compete for the #1 job at Arsenal. Obviously that would be awesome but the pessimist in me doesn’t see this as likely. So my opinion is that our top GK (Turner) will not be playing regular football and will not be first choice for Berhalter in November.

FK prediction—Steffen will be our starter.

I think Arsenal will give Turner a chance to compete for the number one. I just don't think he's going to win it.

I agree, if things play out the way they are currently looking then Steffen will be the starter.

I think Arsenal will give Turner a chance to compete for the number one. I just don't think he's going to win it.

I agree, if things play out the way they are currently looking then Steffen will be the starter.
The Arsenal keeper is supposed to be a rising English star. They love him. You know what that means to any American trying to compete for minutes. But his performance in big games was hideous.

The Arsenal keeper is supposed to be a rising English star. They love him. You know what that means to any American trying to compete for minutes. But his performance in big games was hideous.

Yeah, I mean I think that they will play Turner some in the preseason to see what he can do and give him a chance to get minutes with the first teamers, but at the end of the day I can't see him beating out Ramsdale for the full time starter, unless he gets hurt.

Yeah, I mean I think that they will play Turner some in the preseason to see what he can do and give him a chance to get minutes with the first teamers, but at the end of the day I can't see him beating out Ramsdale for the full time starter, unless he gets hurt.
Hope he injures a finger lol.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Click the tweet and read all the comments. Very positive stuff from the Brits regarding Horvath. Not used to seeing them speak so positively about a player, let alone a yank.

Luton was the team I hoped would join Fulham in the PL this year. Small club that has really struggled in past years but then got a good plan together and progressed through the ranks. They were a solid Championship squad 2 years ago and this past season got into the playoffs. Lil Luton, a 10,000 seater with a pretty passionate local's only fanbase. I hope Horvath does well there along with Steffen at Middlesbrough. Consistent PT keeps them sharp and gives the Derp something to think about.

Aaron Ramsdale will more than likely be the #1 for Arsenal but who knows, if Turner can continue to work on his feet, he will have a shot. Turner's shot stopping ability is top notch.

I mean he already has endeared himself to the Arsenal faithful by refusing to sign an autograph for a person or kid wearing a Spurs shirt the other week.

Luton was the team I hoped would join Fulham in the PL this year. Small club that has really struggled in past years but then got a good plan together and progressed through the ranks. They were a solid Championship squad 2 years ago and this past season got into the playoffs. Lil Luton, a 10,000 seater with a pretty passionate local's only fanbase. I hope Horvath does well there along with Steffen at Middlesbrough. Consistent PT keeps them sharp and gives the Derp something to think about.

Aaron Ramsdale will more than likely be the #1 for Arsenal but who knows, if Turner can continue to work on his feet, he will have a shot. Turner's shot stopping ability is top notch.

I mean he already has endeared himself to the Arsenal faithful by refusing to sign an autograph for a person or kid wearing a Spurs shirt the other week.
Turner didn’t get off to a good start competitively. Arsenal had a friendly against a lower level team and lost. In the game Turner looked really bad on one particular goal. It’s too bad because it always seems like there’s a higher standard places on yanks. They are never allowed to make mistakes.

Turner didn’t get off to a good start competitively. Arsenal had a friendly against a lower level team and lost. In the game Turner looked really bad on one particular goal. It’s too bad because it always seems like there’s a higher standard places on yanks. They are never allowed to make mistakes.
I just watched the highlights, @ 1 FC Nurnberg. He played the 1st half, made a good save then let in a very bad goal, looked like he read it completely wrong. Then the 2nd goal he let in, he had the angle but just didn't stop it from getting past him.

If it all goes wrong and he ends up #3 behind Leno then it be disappointing.

Here's to hoping this Gabriel Slonina with the Chicago Fire is what is being raved about. 17 and getting alot of 1st team minutes between the sticks.

This is probably as good a place as any to note this, but USMNT World Cup opponent Iran fired their coach the other day. Which is very odd timing. He must have done something evil, like drank a cup of coffee or some similar heinous act.

• Haha
This is probably as good a place as any to note this, but USMNT World Cup opponent Iran fired their coach the other day. Which is very odd timing. He must have done something evil, like drank a cup of coffee or some similar heinous act.
Heard they reached out to Arsene Wenger.

It’s amazing to me that Matt Miazga is still a chelsea player. He will be on the pitch tonight, playing on a team with N’golo Kante and Ruben Loftus Cheek (Kante and Ruben didn’t make the trip to the USA with Chelsea because they aren’t vaccinated). Miazga didn’t make the trip to the US because he’s a curtain jerker. I can’t believe Chelsea still owns him.

Here's to hoping this Gabriel Slonina with the Chicago Fire is what is being raved about. 17 and getting alot of 1st team minutes between the sticks.

Chelsea has agreed to buy Slonina for $10 million that could rise to $15 million with add ons. The plan is to loan him back to Chicago for the rest of their season.

And then I would imagine loan him out somewhere else in January.

Guess he had three assists today. Player rating for the game was an 8

8 - Loads of running, some good link-up play, got involved in attacks to good effect. Put Rodrigo's hat-trick goal on a plate, assisted Bamford and Koch too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT