ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT international games this week

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Reactions: zookeeper2000
With Pitt being out of the tourney, nice opportunity to watch our men’s team play this week. Friday night at 8pm on TNT, sadly us at Grenada. But next Monday is a home match in Orlando vs El Salvador.

SMF—Daryl Dike is heating up!!!

2 big games vs 3rd world rec teams. Get us in UEFA now. BTW, UEFA must read this board for ideas because they are adding 6 South American sides for their next Nations League. Meanwhile, we are playing police officers and postal workers from Grenada.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The US looked terrible. Did Dike even play? I thought I remembered him starting but now I cant recall him ever getting a touch. Pepi looked good late againt their USL quality squad. Got a chuckle when El Salvador brought in a player from the USL's 2nd Division, a team called North Carolina FC

2 big games vs 3rd world rec teams. Get us in UEFA now. BTW, UEFA must read this board for ideas because they are adding 6 South American sides for their next Nations League. Meanwhile, we are playing police officers and postal workers from Grenada.
No, UEFA doesn't read this board and they don't read your post nor take your advice. Get it through your thick head, the US isn't joining UEFA, UEFA isn't asking the US to join.

No, UEFA doesn't read this board and they don't read your post nor take your advice. Get it through your thick head, the US isn't joining UEFA, UEFA isn't asking the US to join.
The realistic option would be to do a Nations League or other collaborations with CONMEBOL.

Argentina even played two CONCACAF teams this week.

The realistic option would be to do a Nations League or other collaborations with CONMEBOL.

Argentina even played two CONCACAF teams this week.

Why couldn't they just get in the UEFA Nations League with the South American teams? Those Grenada and El Salvador games were tough watches. Maybe we should just schedule our women's team or U20s instead.

Why couldn't they just get in the UEFA Nations League with the South American teams? Those Grenada and El Salvador games were tough watches. Maybe we should just schedule our women's team or U20s instead.
Because I don't think the South American teams are going to end up playing in UEFA. It was mentioned several years ago but I haven't seen recent updates indicating it will happen. Have you?

It's tough to fit South American and North American teams into an already existing UEFA Nations League structure, which would impact other UEFA teams. They could just create an entirely new Nations League of the Americas out of 10 South American teams and say 6 CONCACAF teams

Because I don't think the South American teams are going to end up playing in UEFA. It was mentioned several years ago but I haven't seen recent updates indicating it will happen. Have you?

It's tough to fit South American and North American teams into an already existing UEFA Nations League structure, which would impact other UEFA teams. They could just create an entirely new Nations League of the Americas out of 10 South American teams and say 6 CONCACAF teams

Yeah, he took something that was mentioned as a way those countries were looking at to help stop a biennial World Cup and just assumed that it's already a done deal and in the process of happening.

Shocking, isn't it?

By the way, in the next international window, while the US will be playing Mexico and then if they win either Canada or Panama, England will be playing North Macedonia and Malta. France will be playing Gibraltar and Greece. Portugal will be playing Bosnia and Iceland. Belgium gets Austria and Estonia. Our Welsh pals from the World Cup get Armenia and Turkey. The Swiss get Andora and Romania. Denmark gets Northern Ireland and Slovenia. The Serbians get Bulgaria.

Man, too bad we can't get some of that action!

By the way, in the next international window, while the US will be playing Mexico and then if they win either Canada or Panama, England will be playing North Macedonia and Malta. France will be playing Gibraltar and Greece. Portugal will be playing Bosnia and Iceland. Belgium gets Austria and Estonia. Our Welsh pals from the World Cup get Armenia and Turkey. The Swiss get Andora and Romania. Denmark gets Northern Ireland and Slovenia. The Serbians get Bulgaria.

Man, too bad we can't get some of that action!
Pretty amazing though that euro qualifying is like 54+ teams and like 10 groups. There are plenty of El Salvador and Grenada type opponents over there. But get through group play qualifiers and next years Euro’s will be plenty challenging.

Playing teams like Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica are fine for me. What I don’t like is playing on pitches worse than WPIAL Class A school stadiums…like they did the other night. Or having to play in 3rd world countries and having them physically beat on our players to a point that you just hope they escape the game healthy.

So Mexico is the semi in nations League? And Canada the likely Final? When would that be?

So Mexico is the semi in nations League? And Canada the likely Final? When would that be?
June 15 is the semi. Final on the 18. Both in Vegas. Canada would be favored to make the final but not a given.

US also plays Mexico next month in Arizona in a "friendly."

June 15 is the semi. Final on the 18. Both in Vegas. Canada would be favored to make the final but not a given.

US also plays Mexico next month in Arizona in a "friendly."
Ok thanks. Yeah I saw that date in April and wondered what that was.

This is what I love about international soccer. It gives us something meaningful to watch in June.

Next summer will be great again with all the Confederation championship tourneys.

Reactions: brdst11

Yeah, they seeded the teams for the semifinals based on the group stage results. The US and Panama had ten points but the US had a better goal difference, so the US one, Panama two. Canada had nine points so they are third. Mexico only had eight points, so they are fourth. Jamaica was actually beating Mexico for a while on Monday, if they would have held on to that instead of settling for a draw it would have been Jamaica instead of Mexico.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Ok thanks. Yeah I saw that date in April and wondered what that was.

This is what I love about international soccer. It gives us something meaningful to watch in June.

Next summer will be great again with all the Confederation championship tourneys.

That's not a FIFA window so I'm guessing it will be an MLS vs Liga MX game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT