ADVERTISEMENT

Vader: RJ Davis and Earl Timberlake express major interest in Pitt, both Visiting

This. And obviously I ain’t the kid or related or anything. I’m hearing this basically from someone who is close to the dad.
appreciate your comments. I don't think Capel is lazy. he seems to work his tail off, as well as his staff. If they didn't recruit him hard, it was probably because they were not that high on him. are they right ? I have no clue. are you saying they were lazy in recruiting him ? they really, really wanted him but got outworked ?

appreciate your comments. I don't think Capel is lazy. he seems to work his tail off, as well as his staff. If they didn't recruit him hard, it was probably because they were not that high on him. are they right ? I have no clue. are you saying they were lazy in recruiting him ? they really, really wanted him but got outworked ?
Maybe it was the exact opposite where the kid flat out tells a coach that he wants to go out of town and if Purdue ( or wherever ) offers he’s going there !

Just my thoughts when it comes to Morton. Maybe he feels like the style of play at Purdue and the Big Ten suits his game a little bit better then that athletic ACC brand of basketball where it's more of an up-and-down game. JMO!

Reactions: panther4life32
I wasn’t implying Capel was lazy. This recruitment reminded me a bit of Lamont Wade and Narduzzi. Wade doesn’t really fit Narduzzi’s mold for CB’s and he recruited him because he was a highly ranked player in his area and you figure it out.

Similar comparison of recruitment here, imo. U recruit a highly rated recruit from the local area, at least on the surface. I don’t think Capel pursued him very hard, from what I’ve seen and heard. Maybe I’m wrong, but for whatever reason it seemed like Capel went thru the motions on this one.

I don’t really care one way or the other. Ethan is gonna be a good 4 year college player wherever he goes cuz he’s a good kid who works hard sneaky athleticism and high iq. My only two concerns would be 1) what happened with aau this year when he wasn’t primary ballhandler. His best attribute is getting others shots 2) his shot comes a little from the hip, so will it affect him or will he make his release higher with Purdue.

Either way, capel better land Davis, Tate or someone of that ilk now!!!

Reactions: rockypanther
It would be interesting to know why Morton did not want to play for (sign with) Pitt .....
Why does a kid whose not athlete who grows up in WPa want to go PSU or OSU or Michigan? Not everyone wants to go Pitt and spend 4 yrs or so in Oakland !

Why does a kid whose not athlete who grows up in WPa want to go PSU or OSU or Michigan? Not everyone wants to go Pitt and spend 4 yrs or so in Oakland !

Are you sure that was the reason Morton didn't sign with Pitt or are you guessing ?

Only he knows
And as a Pitt fan- I no longer care because he’s not here.

Yeah, we may never know for sure why he chose Purdue over Pitt and you may not care about it but to me it would be interesting/informative to know his reasoning ..... to each his own.

Yeah, we may never know for sure why he chose Purdue over Pitt and you may not care about it but to me it would be interesting/informative to know his reasoning ..... to each his own.

Some people sort of wretched when people noted it, but it was pretty clear all along the kid's interest always seemed to lean B10 and NDish.

Just seemed like a lot of kids who favor it, for football or basketball, the culture, the style of play, whatever.

I have to believe HCJC would have absolutely taken him if he could have got him, but recruiting is recruiting, they either get told directly from the kid that he is leaning one way or they figure it out and you redirect your focus.

Do we ever know why a 17 year old kid does anything. He's Purdue bound and that's it.

LOL ! ...... yes, we often know why a kid does something .... when Chris interviews our commits they often tell us why they chose Pitt !

By the way, when did Morton sign his Letter of Intent that binds him to Purdue ? ..... situations can change.

I wasn’t implying Capel was lazy. This recruitment reminded me a bit of Lamont Wade and Narduzzi. Wade doesn’t really fit Narduzzi’s mold for CB’s and he recruited him because he was a highly ranked player in his area and you figure it out.

Similar comparison of recruitment here, imo. U recruit a highly rated recruit from the local area, at least on the surface. I don’t think Capel pursued him very hard, from what I’ve seen and heard. Maybe I’m wrong, but for whatever reason it seemed like Capel went thru the motions on this one.

I don’t really care one way or the other. Ethan is gonna be a good 4 year college player wherever he goes cuz he’s a good kid who works hard sneaky athleticism and high iq. My only two concerns would be 1) what happened with aau this year when he wasn’t primary ballhandler. His best attribute is getting others shots 2) his shot comes a little from the hip, so will it affect him or will he make his release higher with Purdue.

Either way, capel better land Davis, Tate or someone of that ilk now!!!

He looks more like a college 3 than a 1 to me.

Are you sure that was the reason Morton didn't sign with Pitt or are you guessing ?
Unless you are in the inner circle at Pitt or personally know the kid or his family I doubt that you the whole story .
Just because your from WPa doesn't mean every kid wants to go to Pitt . Especially when the cost factor of out of state tuition is out of the equation .

Unless you are in the inner circle at Pitt or personally know the kid or his family I doubt that you the whole story .
Just because your from WPa doesn't mean every kid wants to go to Pitt . Especially when the cost factor of out of state tuition is out of the equation .
Oakland not the deterring factor at all. Was a staple at Pitt games under Stallings and wanted to go to Pitt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT