ADVERTISEMENT

Vader's Recruiting

the problem is he is going to have to start taking some fillers,if the total scholarships reach 6 by seasons end is he really going to land 6 quality players, i doubt it,but hes going to need to add at least 1-2 guards and at least 2 big man, i wouldn't be surprised if SG davis transfers either
With the amount of available ships rising I believe we will see a one or two grad transfers coming in next year.

With the amount of available ships rising I believe we will see a one or two grad transfers coming in next year.

Agree and that'd really be a great approach. Get some seasoned vets to come in and help out immediately for a year. Then get the scholarships right back to use on some top recruits that HCJC will have had a couple of years to work on.

OK, after Post #2, I am certain its Steel Curtain. Sucks. I was hoping for real news, not whatever rose-colored Pitt stuff he spews. The one thing I agree with him on is that Capel could care less that these guys transferred.
Still better than reading another Dixon thread started by you.

We all know about steel curtain and some of his rants...BUT he did get
it right on Xavier Johnson before anyone saw Johnson actually playing
for Pitt. He was way overboard on Johnson, or so it appeared. Gotta
give him his due...he was right.

I'd give him credit for that if he hadn't said, practically word for word, the same shit about Justice Kithcart. He didn't have any insight on Xavier Johnson, he just picked the right target for his effusive praise for once. Broken clocks and all that.

Top Targets

Karim Coulibaly- Very Young at just 17, athletic, and has been a double double machine for Scotland this year. Good size at 6'8/ 6'9 and can shoot it from 3. Pitt should have turned up the heat on him a while ago. After strong performances at the National Prep showcase, he just put 41 points and 18 rebounds the other night. Interest has greatly picked up, and Capel has dialed it up. But interest has picked up with others too. A major target that would instantly bolster the frontcourt. When he stays out of foul trouble, he puts up the numbers. A quickly rising lefty with shooting ability and post moves

Hunter Dickinson- Already over 18 years old, a 7'2 force for powerhouse Dematha, the school of James Robinson in the heart of the WCAC powerhouse league. A lot of majors going after him as they should. Very, very high on Capel and is very well connected with past Pitt players Xavier Johnson and Trey Mcgowens. Rumor was Notre Dame was the leader, but that was just a rumor for now. Its very possible Pitt is the leader. Would be an absolute beast with Johnson and Mcgowens and should be Pitt's Top Center Target overall. Could also be a major reclassification target for you guessed it, 2019

Qudus Wahab- His list is at 5, but it really looks like 4. Pitt was rumored to be the leader, but that is not the case and was never the case, just rumors. After sending the entire Pitt staff to his school, he has since backed off his recruitment commitment. He has been constantly lurking down at Georgetown's campus, he is very high on Virginia Tech, and UConn visits him almost weekly. He was the best defensive big man over the summer and nothing has changed. He would start at Pitt immediately unless Dickinson is in the way. Georgetown isn't even on Dickinson's radar.

Kofi Cockburn-Cut his list to 5. Doesn't have great elevation but is a true power player in the mold of a Craig Smith. With great guard play established he could be very good and he knows it. He seems to be very content slow playing his recruitment. He knows he wants a school with a great point guard and wants to start immediately, he always talks about Cole Anthony and how they work together. Pitt has great young guards, St. Johns has older experienced great guards that might be NBA bound, UConn is replacing their guards with freshmen which is why he is hesitant on them, Kansas always has great guards but competition to start at center, and Illinois has solid young guards with terrible big men. Its pretty cut and dry why he likes these 5 and monitoring each of them. He does like Capel, a lot. There is no leader at this time and Pitt might get the last visit unless something happens beforehand.

Ethan Morton-Self explanatory, he is in Pitt's back yard and has been dominant with his recent 49 point outburst. The rumors of Pitt not wanting him have been squashed, Capel has seen him multiple times in the past week a lone. He would be an excellent player at small forward for Pitt just like Brad Wanamaker was as a point forward with Toney working at the 4 and Johnson and Mcgowens at the guards. They would compliment each other well, as Morton has the outside firepower to go with Pitt's athletes. His list height is 6'4 in the EYBL so only a junior, he could get up to 6'5 or 6'6 by the time he gets to college. Michigan might be the biggest competition but Pitt is a major player.

Demarr Langford- He is in love with UConn. He might reclassify to 2019 which Pitt is pushing for, but it would be shocking if he doesn't end up at UConn. Pitt is in his final 4.

Posh Alexander- A Major Pitt target and athlete. He was having a strong season until he recently broke his arm. He will be monitored in the future for how much it sets him back, he is done for the year. Pitt really likes him and would compliment our current guards very well

RJ Hampton- Big, big, time player that has a well extended relationship with Capel and a Top 5 player Nationally that goes back a few years. The family likes Capel including the father, much like the Jeffress family of 2021. Was once a heavy, heavy Duke lean because of Capel and that is no longer the case. Arguably the best guard in 2020. The kicker, he is still contemplating a reclassification to 2019, so one to worth watching

Earl Timberlake- Pitt is constantly in talk with him. Johnson and Mcgowens are recruiting him. The kicker here is Timberlake is already 18 years old and teammates with Hunter at powerhouse Dematha. Pitt wants both, badly. Both like Johnson and Mccgowens, both like how the 2 freshmen have turned it around and both know a few extra pieces and Pitt becomes for real and taken seriously very very quickly. And, another player that could reclassify to you guessed it, 2019. With 6'6 size and athletic ability, he would be a complete bulldog with Johnson and Mcgowens and Dickinson. He has already unofficially visited Pitt with Hunter.

Henry Coleman- One does not know exactly where Pitt stands with this one. An interesting aspect is Pitt has seen him a few times, he has been following and adding Pitt coaches on his social media. He has been to Pitt on an unofficial already, but where does Pitt potentially value him vs other players on the radar. Pitt is in deep with multiple highly ranked players

Tre Mitchell- Is off the radar, and off the radar for other teams. He might prep in basketball another year and switch back to 2020. He clearly is not a top option for Pitt at this time.

There are more, but this is a short list. And Pitt is in quality shape on the short list with a lot of them, in fact, most of them. 2019 is far from over, and this doesn't touch the JC or transfer market. Capel is going to get it done
I don't see Pitt on many of these players radar(e.g., 247, etc...)?

I have a better question. And this applies to the old school true golden year crowd that would know years ago. Is this putt12? Because I have not seen a post anywhere near this caliber from anybody for a long time with relation to recruiting .

Reactions: Pittnerski
well pitt wasn't on any of our 3 commits this past class until they were about to commit,or that we heard any information about

Reactions: GomerTV
I'd give him credit for that if he hadn't said, practically word for word, the same shit about Justice Kithcart. He didn't have any insight on Xavier Johnson, he just picked the right target for his effusive praise for once. Broken clocks and all that.

Have no idea whether Vader is real or a scam.

However, it is amusing that a number of fans on this board prefer to believe that it is made up without facts because they are so conditioned to believing nothing but negative news about Pitt sports that they have to believe anything positive must be in error.

However, it is amusing that a number of fans on this board prefer to believe that it is made up without facts because they are so conditioned to believing nothing but negative news about Pitt sports that they have to believe anything positive must be in error.

There are some posters on here who consistently try to discredit any information that is positive/encouraging about Pitt.

There are also some posters who consistently try to discredit any information that is negative/discouraging about Pitt.

The difficulty can be in trying to separate the rice from the rat poop. Especially when it comes to the anonymity associated with most posters on sites like this. But it will all come out in time as to whether there is merit to any - or parts - of the OP's information in this case, as it pertains to Pitt's chances. Until it all plays out we can choose to take it as we see fit.

All of the names listed about have been independently linked to Pitt at some point.

There are some posters on here who consistently try to discredit any information that is positive/encouraging about Pitt.

There are also some posters who consistently try to discredit any information that is negative/discouraging about Pitt.

The difficulty can be in trying to separate the rice from the rat poop. Especially when it comes to the anonymity associated with most posters on sites like this. But it will all come out in time as to whether there is merit to any - or parts - of the OP's information in this case, as it pertains to Pitt's chances. Until it all plays out we can choose to take it as we see fit.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've had nothing but positive vibes about what Pitt has been doing since they canned Stallings. I'm not conditioned to believe or disbelieve anything based on an inferiority complex that I will never possess.

With that said, my impression of this post is that it's bullshit. That isn't to say that it's all "fake" info, but it's very clearly cobbled together from a lot of disparate sources and by someone without any firsthand insight. Look at every blurb, they're all exactly the same - generalities, vague statements, a little bit of legit info mixed in with a lot of speculation. If someone enjoys the post, that's cool, but I feel like you'd have to be paying very little attention to Pitt to find any insight contained within. Others are free to disagree, that's just my gut feeling.

As far as those players being realistic targets? Of course they are. This is a Jeff Capel team, we all know that he can recruit.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've had nothing but positive vibes about what Pitt has been doing since they canned Stallings. I'm not conditioned to believe or disbelieve anything based on an inferiority complex that I will never possess.

With that said, my impression of this post is that it's bullshit. That isn't to say that it's all "fake" info, but it's very clearly cobbled together from a lot of disparate sources and by someone without any firsthand insight. Look at every blurb, they're all exactly the same - generalities, vague statements, a little bit of legit info mixed in with a lot of speculation. If someone enjoys the post, that's cool, but I feel like you'd have to be paying very little attention to Pitt to find any insight contained within. Others are free to disagree, that's just my gut feeling.

As far as those players being realistic targets? Of course they are. This is a Jeff Capel team, we all know that he can recruit.
Please speak for no one. You are new here. I used to post here long ago then just watched. This board became unreadable with hate like this. Putt, bman, doke, simmer, all the best posters left years ago. All the guys that had better info then the insiders and it wasn't close. The old posters still remember them. This person comes on here and has 75 likes in 24 hours in a well written detailed post. You think you are better? Write something with substance because it's you that are the one with the bs hating thats going to chase this poster away

Please speak for no one. You are new here. I used to post here long ago then just watched. This board became unreadable with hate like this. Putt, bman, doke, simmer, all the best posters left years ago. All the guys that had better info then the insiders and it wasn't close. The old posters still remember them. This person comes on here and has 75 likes in 24 hours in a well written detailed post. You think you are better? Write something with substance because it's you that are the one with the bs hating thats going to chase this poster away

I'm assuming that you've forgotten your medication so I'll forgive you for writing something so inane and incoherent. I'm free to share my opinion whenever I want and I'll continue to do so, regardless of your feelings on the matter.

Don’t include simmer and doke in the same company as bman and putt

Bman and putt were awesome .
The other two aren’t close to category

I liked the post, but I have to admit that I don't follow recruiting all that much
and am not involved enough to know what's factual and what isn't. I appreciate
posts like the OP's, but also take them with "a grain of salt."My gut feeling is
that most on here aren't involved enough to know either. I'm much more
concerned with watching the progress of the program and offering my
opinions on what I see happening on the floor with my own eyes.
I do have a good friend who is in the business of rating h.s. players. His
reports are then sold to college coaches. These coaches obviously
cannot see every player, and they use the rating forms as a basic
screening device. This guy's evaluation process is a year long endeavor.
He is on a first name basis with many college coaches and also many h.s.
coaches. I occasionally ask him about a player that interests me.
It was interesting to hear his thoughts on Xavier Johnson.

Simmer and doke..

Bwhahahahahahaha. Stop it.

It doesn't take long to figure out who likes to post about Pitt basketball and who likes to post about what clickbait crap they are thinking about.

I remember all of them. I still have some of the old posts saved because I love Pitt basketball. Bman was best in game analysis on the board. He broke down the teams strengths and weaknesses to a t. Still remember the Sweet 16 Game vs Ok State with Page covering Lucas and Brown on Allen, no one thought that besides bman. Still remember the big east title win and his information. His recruiting info from NY was awesome too. Some of the best ever from bman, he wrote it, then it happened in the game. Putt was by far the recruit expert and it's not close and his in game stuff was great too. The stuff on Fields, Young, Wanamaker, Adams, Blair. He knew everything. Stats, height weight, injuries, recruits from left field. Fields was a zero star and Adams a zero star and Putt knew they were great. He knew Sam Young was a star. Putt always knew and people always questioned him, including you DT. Doke was outstanding. Had the information on Paul Harris and Harris wasn't even in the database at that point. Syracuse didn't even heard of him before doke. Doke had outstanding resources for recruits and where they were going to school. His in game analysis wasn't as good, but so what. His resources on recruiting was terrific and look at the people that follow him. Simmer was good. He was an aau coach with connections and knew a good bit about recruiting and basketball. So was harve, whirly, and others. For all the crap Curtain gets, he was right on the Pitt freshmen, right on Capel calling him a grandslam hire when people were not sure, right on the coaches he wanted with Keatts, Mussleman, Hurley, and Oats. Those were his 4 and they all look like rising star coaches. Curtain has wild predictions too but often great insight. How many of you wanted a loser coach like Enfield? You know who you are. There is too much negativity and put down here. I've already been told to take my medication and that I'm Chris Dokish. Maybe Vader is Santa Claus because he is giving awesome information like its Christmas for free. And people are getting on him, why? Thank you Vader, it's like the good days with the bmans and putts of the world again.

It's Steel Curtain. Nothing he posts is real. It's information that's out there but exaggerates and makes guesses.

If he consolidates info and posts it here, more power to him. Most of us would never have read it otherwise. You go Darth!

Yup. Rather than just slam the guy and call the info BS why not contribute something and challenge specific comments the OP made. All of the criticisms I’ve see are simply boring and childish personal attacks

I remember all of them. I still have some of the old posts saved because I love Pitt basketball. Bman was best in game analysis on the board. He broke down the teams strengths and weaknesses to a t. Still remember the Sweet 16 Game vs Ok State with Page covering Lucas and Brown on Allen, no one thought that besides bman. Still remember the big east title win and his information. His recruiting info from NY was awesome too. Some of the best ever from bman, he wrote it, then it happened in the game. Putt was by far the recruit expert and it's not close and his in game stuff was great too. The stuff on Fields, Young, Wanamaker, Adams, Blair. He knew everything. Stats, height weight, injuries, recruits from left field. Fields was a zero star and Adams a zero star and Putt knew they were great. He knew Sam Young was a star. Putt always knew and people always questioned him, including you DT. Doke was outstanding. Had the information on Paul Harris and Harris wasn't even in the database at that point. Syracuse didn't even heard of him before doke. Doke had outstanding resources for recruits and where they were going to school. His in game analysis wasn't as good, but so what. His resources on recruiting was terrific and look at the people that follow him. Simmer was good. He was an aau coach with connections and knew a good bit about recruiting and basketball. So was harve, whirly, and others. For all the crap Curtain gets, he was right on the Pitt freshmen, right on Capel calling him a grandslam hire when people were not sure, right on the coaches he wanted with Keatts, Mussleman, Hurley, and Oats. Those were his 4 and they all look like rising star coaches. Curtain has wild predictions too but often great insight. How many of you wanted a loser coach like Enfield? You know who you are. There is too much negativity and put down here. I've already been told to take my medication and that I'm Chris Dokish. Maybe Vader is Santa Claus because he is giving awesome information like its Christmas for free. And people are getting on him, why? Thank you Vader, it's like the good days with the bmans and putts of the world again.
I loved Sam as a recruit, but I did have some questions about how very good he would turn out to be during his first two years. I’m certain most had those questions including Bman and Putt12.

If he consolidates info and posts it here, more power to him. Most of us would never have read it otherwise. You go Darth!
I agree. I see nothing wrong here. But with all recruiting info, we shouldn’t get too excited until anyone actually signs with us.

u-g-F5EYCR0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT