ADVERTISEMENT

Vader's Recruiting

u-g-F5EYCR0.jpg
#Me too

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I remember all of them. I still have some of the old posts saved because I love Pitt basketball. Bman was best in game analysis on the board. He broke down the teams strengths and weaknesses to a t. Still remember the Sweet 16 Game vs Ok State with Page covering Lucas and Brown on Allen, no one thought that besides bman. Still remember the big east title win and his information. His recruiting info from NY was awesome too. Some of the best ever from bman, he wrote it, then it happened in the game. Putt was by far the recruit expert and it's not close and his in game stuff was great too. The stuff on Fields, Young, Wanamaker, Adams, Blair. He knew everything. Stats, height weight, injuries, recruits from left field. Fields was a zero star and Adams a zero star and Putt knew they were great. He knew Sam Young was a star. Putt always knew and people always questioned him, including you DT. Doke was outstanding. Had the information on Paul Harris and Harris wasn't even in the database at that point. Syracuse didn't even heard of him before doke. Doke had outstanding resources for recruits and where they were going to school. His in game analysis wasn't as good, but so what. His resources on recruiting was terrific and look at the people that follow him. Simmer was good. He was an aau coach with connections and knew a good bit about recruiting and basketball. So was harve, whirly, and others. For all the crap Curtain gets, he was right on the Pitt freshmen, right on Capel calling him a grandslam hire when people were not sure, right on the coaches he wanted with Keatts, Mussleman, Hurley, and Oats. Those were his 4 and they all look like rising star coaches. Curtain has wild predictions too but often great insight. How many of you wanted a loser coach like Enfield? You know who you are. There is too much negativity and put down here. I've already been told to take my medication and that I'm Chris Dokish. Maybe Vader is Santa Claus because he is giving awesome information like its Christmas for free. And people are getting on him, why? Thank you Vader, it's like the good days with the bmans and putts of the world again.

I'm not sure if Putt was any earlier on Adams than a lot of folks. He was pretty unheralded for everyone when he committed. Then he came to the US and dominated Kaleb Tarczewski and a whole lot of people jumped on the bandwagon after Adidas Nation or whatever that tournament was.

Reactions: Harve74
I'm brand new on this board, and I came here for speculation and guesses. So I appreciate it.
I'm a life long Pitt fan, and I'm happy to read anything someone takes the time to write.
Not that I necessarily believe it, but I ultimately enjoy it.

Reactions: ScrantonicityIII
Anything particular that makes you say so?

Dokish wouldn't blatantly make stuff up like this. He has been wrong in the past and I'm sure he's speculated just like everyone else, but this is way beyond that.

This guy is trolling the entire board right now.

Dokish wouldn't blatantly make stuff up like this. He has been wrong in the past and I'm sure he's speculated just like everyone else, but this is way beyond that.

No troll would ever take the time do write something that detailed. It may be highly speculative, but it is interesting. How is this "way beyond speculative"?

I remember all of them. I still have some of the old posts saved because I love Pitt basketball. Bman was best in game analysis on the board. He broke down the teams strengths and weaknesses to a t. Still remember the Sweet 16 Game vs Ok State with Page covering Lucas and Brown on Allen, no one thought that besides bman. Still remember the big east title win and his information. His recruiting info from NY was awesome too. Some of the best ever from bman, he wrote it, then it happened in the game. Putt was by far the recruit expert and it's not close and his in game stuff was great too. The stuff on Fields, Young, Wanamaker, Adams, Blair. He knew everything. Stats, height weight, injuries, recruits from left field. Fields was a zero star and Adams a zero star and Putt knew they were great. He knew Sam Young was a star. Putt always knew and people always questioned him, including you DT. Doke was outstanding. Had the information on Paul Harris and Harris wasn't even in the database at that point. Syracuse didn't even heard of him before doke. Doke had outstanding resources for recruits and where they were going to school. His in game analysis wasn't as good, but so what. His resources on recruiting was terrific and look at the people that follow him. Simmer was good. He was an aau coach with connections and knew a good bit about recruiting and basketball. So was harve, whirly, and others. For all the crap Curtain gets, he was right on the Pitt freshmen, right on Capel calling him a grandslam hire when people were not sure, right on the coaches he wanted with Keatts, Mussleman, Hurley, and Oats. Those were his 4 and they all look like rising star coaches. Curtain has wild predictions too but often great insight. How many of you wanted a loser coach like Enfield? You know who you are. There is too much negativity and put down here. I've already been told to take my medication and that I'm Chris Dokish. Maybe Vader is Santa Claus because he is giving awesome information like its Christmas for free. And people are getting on him, why? Thank you Vader, it's like the good days with the bmans and putts of the world again.

I'm not sure if Putt was any earlier on Adams than a lot of folks. He was pretty unheralded for everyone when he committed. Then he came to the US and dominated Kaleb Tarczewski and a whole lot of people jumped on the bandwagon after Adidas Nation or whatever that tournament was.

You are correct. Putt12 absolutely did not have any information on Adams. No one did. One person on the Board did at all. A day or two later, someone dug up a video from New Zealand, but that's all we had.

And yes, Adams went to the Addias Nation event which we ALL watched.

And Putt wasn't actually posting here yet when Fields and Young were being recruited.

Putt was a good poster and I also wish he'd return, but I suspect oldtimer is remembering him far too much from the nostalgia trap.

As for Doke, he really only posted here for a short time, and he really pushed John Degroat and people got on his case about it so he never returned.

No troll would ever take the time do write something that detailed. It may be highly speculative, but it is interesting. How is this "way beyond speculative"?

I know for a fact that at least part of it is 1000% made up.

Reactions: Phil_Storm 247

Perhaps. I don't know who it is, but it does look similar to the stuff Doke writes on his blog. Even if it is him, that's fine with me.

If it's someone trolling, it's really well done for that.

Perhaps. I don't know who it is, but it does look similar to the stuff Doke writes on his blog. Even if it is him, that's fine with me.

If it's something trolling, it's really well done for that.
That looks nothing like any trolling I have ever seen either. What would be the point of that kind of trolling. Most trolling is done to annoy. The only people who seem annoyed by these posts are the ones who don't know who the poster is, and are making wild guesses at it. Kill the messenger without looking at the content.

I don’t agree. Too many people have too much time on their hands and seem to somehow derive pleasure from doing things like this. I’m not saying he’s a troll. But this isn’t beyond trolling.

If you’re gonna be committed to the art of trolling this would be the way to do it.

Reactions: anon_3pggwev4hp028
I don’t agree. Too many people have too much time on their hands and seem to somehow derive pleasure from doing things like this. I’m not saying he’s a troll. But this isn’t beyond trolling.

If you’re gonna be committed to the art of trolling this would be the way to do it.
If the person was trolling, it would at least be top notch trolling versus this clown who keeps on making up new names. I'll admire Vader's dedication to his art then. :)

Have people forgotten chairmanoftheboard? He is surely up there with B-man. And here's a shoutout to thirteennine, who only posts on a blue moon. But there is no need to despair. There are still many knowledgeable posters, including coaches, on the Basketball Board.

You are correct. Putt12 absolutely did not have any information on Adams. No one did. One person on the Board did at all. A day or two later, someone dug up a video from New Zealand, but that's all we had.

And Putt wasn't actually posting here yet when Fields and Young were being recruited.

Putt was a good poster and I also wish he'd return, but I suspect oldtimer is remembering him far too much from the nostalgia trap.

As for Doke, he really only posted here for a short time, and he really pushed John Degroat and people got on his case about it so he never returned.
Oh
He returned
And returned
And returned

Just under different names to talk up doke-
Only to get ouchy when the rouse was mocked

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

How do you know he made all this stuff up? If you have inside info that all this stuff is bogus let's have it.

How do you know he made all this stuff up? If you have inside info that all this stuff is bogus let's have it.

How do you know he isn’t? Based on what? Did he list sources?

Reactions: rockypanther

LOL.....raises his hand high on the DeGroat thing............he blocked me on twitter not because of that, but that was definitely part of it.

It's someone who missuses "then" for "than" which leads me to believe it's SteelCurtain because he did it all the time.

Reactions: below0w
I am not doke. I did say I have select posts saved on my desktop from select posters over the years for reference. Putt began posting in 2003, DT is far off. Putt disappeared. He came back in September 2007. I had a dm with him then. He left again. Putt had info no one had. I still have it from some of his posts. For example, How many people know how Fields fell so far under the radar? How about Young? Where did the videos and stats origi nate in aukland from Adams? How about acit or the chsaa history or the nepsac? Where did dixon discover wanamaker? Putt had 10+ page preseason big east reports he posted yearly before the season started, better then any magazine. I have his actual posts. He had a connection at hoopscoop, another in NY, he ran another board too. You guys forget much on Putt12. All this was Putt. And doke was highly jealous of him. I have some on bman, doke, and select others. Simmer quit posting after Cassin Diggs failed. Test me or try to answer those questions above. Anyway,. I read Vader and rejoined this board. I still think it's Putt. We shall see.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I am not doke. I did say I have select posts saved on my desktop from select posters over the years for reference. Putt began posting in 2003, DT is far off. Putt disappeared. He came back in September 2007. I had a dm with him then. He left again. Putt had info no one had. I still have it from some of his posts. For example, How many people know how Fields fell so far under the radar? How about Young? Where did the videos and stats origi nate in aukland from Adams? How about acit or the chsaa history or the nepsac? Where did dixon discover wanamaker? Putt had 10+ page preseason big east reports he posted yearly before the season started, better then any magazine. I have his actual posts. He had a connection at hoopscoop, another in NY, he ran another board too. You guys forget much on Putt12. All this was Putt. And doke was highly jealous of him. I have some on bman, doke, and select others. Simmer quit posting after Cassin Diggs failed. Test me or try to answer those questions above. Anyway,. I read Vader and rejoined this board. I still think it's Putt. We shall see.
We know you’re not doke
Vader is
You’re steel curtain-
Probably the ethane only fuel forced alias change while using your third cell phone

That looks nothing like any trolling I have ever seen either. What would be the point of that kind of trolling. Most trolling is done to annoy. The only people who seem annoyed by these posts are the ones who don't know who the poster is, and are making wild guesses at it. Kill the messenger without looking at the content.
I think you mean the ones here most annoyed are actually our most consistent trolls?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT