ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilit Coaching Update, Not using a search Firm like Barnes Link

Aren't they using Eddie Fogler and Fogler Consulting to not only do the search, but also pick the coach?

Isn't that even going further than using a search firm?

Aren't they using Eddie Fogler and Fogler Consulting to not only do the search, but also pick the coach?

Isn't that even going further than using a search firm?

-Fogler is a former head Coach at Vanderbilt that won multiple SEC Championships in basketball. The guy actually coached, and won. Go figure.

-Fogler is a former head Coach at Vanderbilt that won multiple SEC Championships in basketball. The guy actually coached, and won. Go figure.

That's not responsive to my questions. Isn't it true that Fogler Consulting is not only doing the search, but hiring the coach? If Fogler Consulting isn't a search firm, what would you call it?

What "multiple" SEC championships did Fogler win? Do you know what years? Hint--he won one.

That's not responsive to my questions. Isn't it true that Fogler Consulting is not only doing the search, but hiring the coach? If Fogler Consulting isn't a search firm, what would you call it?

They're getting around this by saying that Eddie Fogler is going to be consulted during the coaching search, not a search firm. But yeah, the guy owns a search firm so they're playing a bit fast and loose with the technicalities and praying people won't bother googling what Fogler's been up to the past several years.

What "multiple" SEC championships did Fogler win? Do you know what years? Hint--he won one.

-He won an SEC Championship in 1993 with Vanderbilt. He won an SEC Championship with South Carolina in 1997. Hence the word multiple as in 2.

-Fogler is 1 person that is assisting, not hiring a search firm.

-And considering the guy won AND coached at this school, I can understand why.

They're getting around this by saying that Eddie Fogler is going to be consulted during the coaching search, not a search firm. But yeah, the guy owns a search firm so they're playing a bit fast and loose with the technicalities and praying people won't bother googling what Fogler's been up to the past several years.

Your not dealing with the sharpest knife in the drawer.........Those negotiations with Miller should be complete any time now. LOL

LOL this outta be good

LOL.

OP loses. Vandy can call it what they want. They hired a man who owns a search firm dedicated SOLELY to recruiting basketball coaches.

Therefore, Vandy hired a search firm.

Since Fogler is connected to Vanderbilt from the past, I wonder if they should probe this for criminal activity.

LOL.

OP loses. Vandy can call it what they want. They hired a man who owns a search firm dedicated SOLELY to recruiting basketball coaches.

Therefore, Vandy hired a search firm.

Since Fogler is connected to Vanderbilt from the past, I wonder if they should probe this for criminal activity.

They hired a man who owns a search firm dedicated SOLELY to recruiting basketball coaches.

-Reread what you just wrote. Reread it until it sinks in to your brain.

Pitt should have used Ralph Willard as a one man consultant. Imagine how the fan base would have reacted to that!

-That's his search firm. Vanderbilt isnt using a search firm. They are consulting with 1 person, Fogler.
Fogler has numerous clients. There are various search firms, and Barnes chose a search firm led by a guy he knew. Is it going to be the right hire - nobody knows for sure.

Fogler formerly coached at Vanderbilt & South Carolina. I lived in the Columbia area when he coached at USC and have met him a few times not a real friendly person then after the Coppin State beat USC in the tournament the relationship went downhill real fast and the gamecocks couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

They hired a man who owns a search firm dedicated SOLELY to recruiting basketball coaches.

-Reread what you just wrote. Reread it until it sinks in to your brain.

I know your upset that your man crush, or crushes weren't hired here. It's going to be okay buddy, we'll get through this together. We're all here for you, so keep venting, it's therapeutic!!

Oh, my brain functions just fine. I just know what's shite and what's shinola. You claimed that Vandy didn't hire a search firm on a technicality. Fogler is performing the very same actions - and he owns a search firm. But I'm sure he's going to do all of this work himself, which will somehow make the outsourcing of hiring and vetting coaching candidates different than if they just outright hired the company.

I know your upset that your man crush, or crushes weren't hired here. It's going to be okay buddy, we'll get through this together. We're all here for you, so keep venting, it's therapeutic!!

Oh, my brain functions just fine. I just know what's shite and what's shinola. You claimed that Vandy didn't hire a search firm on a technicality. Fogler is performing the very same actions - and he owns a search firm. But I'm sure he's going to do all of this work himself, which will somehow make the outsourcing of hiring and vetting coaching candidates different than if they just outright hired the company.

-Im going to end this by saying this. Todd Turner is a loser and that is what we used to find a respectable replacement. And yes, I hope Stallings wins big. Hope is a painful word to have to use instead of, expect. The end.

What "multiple" SEC championships did Fogler win? Do you know what years? Hint--he won one.[/QUOT

He definitely has a firm
http://www.foglerconsulting.com/

-Oh, and one last thing. A good number of Vanderbilt fans and people related are pretty shocked Stallings did not end up at St. Louis. If you don't trust my perspective, perhaps read another fan bases perspective.

-Im going to end this by saying this. Todd Turner is a loser and that is what we used to find a respectable replacement. And yes, I hope Stallings wins big. Hope is a painful word to have to use instead of, expect. The end.
Except for a dozen coaches you use the word hope for all of them

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT