ADVERTISEMENT

VB - 10/25 Louisville Game Tickets

You have to pay extra $20/ticket if you want lower bowl tix, even if you have lower bowl tix at the Fitz....

You have to pay extra $20/ticket if you want lower bowl tix, even if you have lower bowl tix at the Fitz....
This seems rather petty. Back when Pitt basketball still played at Fitzgerald, tickets for the few games at the Civic Arena were reserved and in the same general area as our normal season tickets. No extra charge for any seats.

Reactions: Haydman and Chaos
This isn't something you do after tickets have already been sold. So I'm not going to be able to choose my seats and they just going to randomly assign them? Implementing this next year would have been fine. I was at the PSU match and it didn't seem like a problem.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Well, this thread proves that you can't satisfy everyone. Lots of bitching about the lack of preferred seating for ticket season holders at the Penn State game. Now others are unhappy because they are trying to solve the problem. Also, the season tickets are so cheap that I feel like I am stealing them relative to the quality of the product, so I really can't feel bad for anyone complaining about paying an extra $20.

Reactions: PittMBA and jctrack
Well, this thread proves that you can't satisfy everyone. Lots of bitching about the lack of preferred seating for ticket season holders at the Penn State game. Now others are unhappy because they are trying to solve the problem. Also, the season tickets are so cheap that I feel like I am stealing them relative to the quality of the product, so I really can't feel bad for anyone complaining about paying an extra $20.
This x 1,000,000. I have 2 seats 9 rows off the court, directly across from the Pitt bench. My cost for everything? $198. I feel like I should be arrested for theft.

I understand there’s a lot of Johnny come lately. That’s natural, but, tickets are so inexpensive, there’s no way that anybody can complain. Not one iota. you want to see them next year in the new arena? Get tickets now. By the rest of the season. That’s the main reason I got seasons this year. In previous years, I would attend a few matches, and all the NCAA matches. I knew it was going to be a ticket, so I called my rep , and she said there was actually a waiting list. I lucked out. I would suggest everybody do that. My God, for that price? We are seeing true greatness.

Reactions: PittMBA

People aren't unhappy that they tried to solve a problem. People are unhappy because they CAUSED the problem, and it was obvious to anyone with a semi-functioning brain that it was going to be a problem. And then they tried to fix that problem by causing a completely different problem.

You simply cannot sell someone a ticket to an event, and then come back later and tell them that if they actually want what they paid for they have to double or triple the amount that they already paid you to get it.

The Pitt ticket office has a long history of doing dumb things. This is at, or at least very close to, the top of the list.

Reactions: Chaos
Seriously- can’t have it both ways . Want a reserved seat in a premium section? Pay for it . Want volleyball to earn more revenue? Pay more for tickets.

People aren't unhappy that they tried to solve a problem. People are unhappy because they CAUSED the problem, and it was obvious to anyone with a semi-functioning brain that it was going to be a problem. And then they tried to fix that problem by causing a completely different problem.

You simply cannot sell someone a ticket to an event, and then come back later and tell them that if they actually want what they paid for they have to double or triple the amount that they already paid you to get it.

The Pitt ticket office has a long history of doing dumb things. This is at, or at least very close to, the top of the list.
You don’t have to pay any extra to have a seat . This isn’t that hard .

You don’t have to pay any extra to have a seat . This isn’t that hard .
The ticket office could have also just reserved the sections behind the benches (or across) for current season ticket holders. Everything else would just be general admission. Not opposed if they wanted to do this in the future but would rather have the ability to pick my seats rather than have them randomly assigned.

Also, what happens if enough people don't upgrade to the more expensive tickets? Will the lower bowl have empty seats? The PSU match was awesome because every seat was filled down there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT