ADVERTISEMENT

VB 3-match week

So we took the second after a sloppy start. Are these announcers from virginia? Yhey certainly sounds exuberant for Virginia and disappointed when pitt gets points.

Reactions: Black Panther
So we took the second after a sloppy start. Are these announcers from virginia? Yhey certainly sounds exuberant for Virginia and disappointed when pitt gets points.
Sam Gore and Missy Whittemore are one of the top announcing pairs in college volleyball.

Missy was a tremendous setter at the University of Florida, under legendary coach, Mary Wise.

Missy was 1st Team All-SEC and finished her Florida career with 4,474 assists.

Grey was great last night as well.A total team effort.Take nothing away from Virginia but it’s no wonder we lost the first set without Fairbanks,Chi,and Akeo.

Reactions: Chaos
Surprising stat was this was Virginia's first time to ever take a set from a top 10 ranked team. I figured there would have been enough ample opportunities playing an ACC schedule in the past.

Also that was a rinky dink small high school gym. Is there really a need to replace fitzgerald when other teams play in places like that?

Surprising stat was this was Virginia's first time to ever take a set from a top 10 ranked team. I figured there would have been enough ample opportunities playing an ACC schedule in the past.

Also that was a rinky dink small high school gym. Is there really a need to replace fitzgerald when other teams play in places like that?
Fitzgerald was a dump 40 years ago!
No AC. Dirt floor. Horrible amenities.
Like visiting the Alamo!

Reactions: HOF Coach
Despite the nostalgia, Fitzgerald wasn't great even when I was an undergrad and grad student (late 1960s/early 1970s) 55 (+/-) years ago. It is time for an upgrade for sure!

Reactions: FreeportPanther
You have to assume Alexis has re injured herself.No action in the last two that I know of.The only real trouble they with Duke tonight was in set two.Cant take High Point lightly Sunday.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Night and day with/without Fairbanks in the lineup. She is a really good all-around player. And her setting is much better than Akeo's-much more deceptive in where her sets will go, and really accurate. H2P

You have to assume Alexis has re injured herself.No action in the last two that I know of.The only real trouble they with Duke tonight was in set two.Cant take High Point lightly Sunday.
I assume - although Akeo played a lot last weekend.

Fairbanks, Dalton , Vazquez - Gomez, Gray, Buzzerio, Browskie is a formidable first group. Having Starks and Nwokolo as secondary players speaks volumes about this team.

Pitt has actually been using three setters in their current rotation without Akeo. This has to be incredibly frustrating as an opposing coach to know that Pitt has so many P5-level setters that we can’t even use them all.

Fairbanks starts in the back row and sets for three rotations. Fairbanks had been rotating to front row attacker, except she’d play one rotation as front row setter while Buzzerio served and attacked from the back row.

Fisher has been trying Starks at RS instead of playing Fairbanks in the front row. So now when Buzzerio serves, there is no other setter on the floor. In the Duke match, it was very clear that Buzzerio was looking for the second touch and playing as the setter.

After her service is complete, Buzzerio then subs out for Ennis to finish the last two rotations before Fairbanks comes back in.

Beyond just the silly depth to do that, our attackers deserve a lot of credit for managing to play with 4 different setters in major matches before October.

ADVERTISEMENT