ADVERTISEMENT

VB: Interesting article for everyone but SMF and Zelda...

I thought Greene's answer that the non-revenue sports exist to "make people feel good" was pretty spot-on. They dont exist to make money and even though Pitt is losing loads of money on volleyball, it feels good to have a NC contender. There really isnt anything in this article we haven't already discussed. We know volleyball is growing in popularity. We know that if Nebraska is playing OR you put a game on network TV or ESPN 1 that its going to get good ratings.

I thought Greene's answer that the non-revenue sports exist to "make people feel good" was pretty spot-on. They dont exist to make money and even though Pitt is losing loads of money on volleyball, it feels good to have a NC contender. There really isnt anything in this article we haven't already discussed. We know volleyball is growing in popularity. We know that if Nebraska is playing OR you put a game on network TV or ESPN 1 that its going to get good ratings.
Can you not read?

My title post clearly says this article is not for you!

I did that so that the rest of us can enjoy and be grateful for Pitt's #1 ranked Volleyball team and not have to read your blabber!

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT