ADVERTISEMENT

VB: "IT'S OPENING DAY!"

Very impressive first set. They’ve very obviously on a different level, on the road, against a top ten team.

That’s about as dominant as Pitt has looked against a good team. Love the energy, and Babcock has learned to mix in some finesse with the power. Keep it up ladies!

It was great to see Torrey Stafford back and showing no effects from the surgery. She may be our best hitter when she is on and that’s saying a lot. Also was impressed by the middle blocker duo of Kelley and Jones, who I have to assume will only get better with more reps.

Reactions: PittMBA
QUESTION --- I signed up for a monthly pass to the Big10 Network earlier in the week.
I watched the Pitt - Penn St. soccer game on Friday night.
'Tried to sign on to watch the volleyball game --- but unless I somehow screwed up, I read that it was not being televised.
Was the game (in fact) televised on the BTN...or another platform?
Also, is tonight's game being televised?

QUESTION --- I signed up for a monthly pass to the Big10 Network earlier in the week.
'Tried to sign on to watch the volleyball game --- but unless I somehow screwed up, I read that it was not being televised.
Last nights game was on BTN. Not sure about TV for tonight.

The soccer match was on BTN+.

The volleyball match was on BTN.

No TV or streaming for tonight's volleyball match vs Long Beach State.

• Sad
Reactions: Chaos
BTN+ gets you access to BTN+ streaming content only. I don’t believe it gives you access to what’s on BTN. Last night’s match was on BTN, unfortunately.

Not having watched the match, but looking at the individual stats, it doesn't appear that Bayliss received much "PT." Either that or should was unusually unproductive. My guess is the former.
While VVG does more things well at this point (besides the leadership intangible), my hope is that Coach F will slowly but surely find a way to get her more playing time.

Not having watched the match, but looking at the individual stats, it doesn't appear that Bayliss received much "PT." Either that or should was unusually unproductive. My guess is the former.
While VVG does more things well at this point (besides the leadership intangible), my hope is that Coach F will slowly but surely find a way to get her more playing time.
Bayless, if I remember correctly, played only 1 point the entire match.

VVG won the 2nd set with her kills late in that set. She, as well as Babcock and Stafford, played so well that Fish just ran with them all match because it was a Top 10 opponent.

Bayless will get her chances...

Last edited:
Bayliss, if I remember correctly, played only 1 point the entire match.

VVG won the 2nd set with her kills late in that set. She, as well as Babcock and Stafford, played so well that Fish just ran with them all match because it was a Top 10 opponent.

Bayliss will get her chances...
VVG was huge in both sets 2 and 3. No reason to swap Bayless in there. I’m as excited as anyone for Bayless being the other OH of the future but we needed everything VVG gave us in those sets so I’m glad Fish is sticking with her for now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT