ADVERTISEMENT

VB: "Pitt is it!!!!"

With the recruiting window for high school not open until the 15th, it's safe to assume that this is for a player to be on the roster for this upcoming season, right?

With the recruiting window for high school not open until the 15th, it's safe to assume that this is for a player to be on the roster for this upcoming season, right?
Unless it's someone who is going to suddenly enter and commit, there aren't any impressive middles to go get. Maybe someone for depth but there aren't a lot of women who want to come in and be a bench player. Of course, Texas seems like they have a dozen middles on their roster and just added another about a month ago so who knows?

So, we were right about it being a Middle Blocker. A freshman from the Balkans probably wasn’t on too many radars, though.

Late-cycle out of nowhere additions of talented freshmen from Balkan nations that have robust international experience:
Pitt Basketball 🤝 Pitt Volleyball

So, we were right about it being a Middle Blocker. A freshman from the Balkans probably wasn’t on too many radars, though.
Kind of an interesting pickup. Never considered an international player. Guessing Fisher struck out in the portal or didn't like what he saw so he went with someone young with a lot of upside.

Reactions: vantheman1976
Oh, one more thing to keep in mind. Junior teams in Europe don't have a ton of subs like USAV so there's a good chance she's played six positions at some point. Probably also had to serve because libero's aren't allowed to serve over there.
Really excited about this addition to the roster. Fisher seems to be reaching back to those times 5 or more years ago when he seemed to always have 2 or 3 international players on the roster.

I looked all over for some video but didn't see anything. Was mostly curious about here style of play. The stats that I did find weren't spectacular but I realized that they count blocks a little differently in Europe and I have no idea what the rest of the team looked like (ie. was the setter any good). To be named top middle for a league or tournament has to be a good thing, though. Hopefully we'll see her get some preseason work.

Really excited about this addition to the roster. Fisher seems to be reaching back to those times 5 or more years ago when he seemed to always have 2 or 3 international players on the roster.
This was my exact thought. GT has had a ton of success with international players so I'm glad we are still scouring the planet.

Nika Markovic was my favorite Panther of that era, pre-Fairbanks.

Reactions: vantheman1976

Late-cycle out of nowhere additions of talented freshmen from Balkan nations that have robust international experience:
Pitt Basketball 🤝 Pitt Volleyball
it’s the Jay Vidovich model. Don’t forget about men’s soccer.

This was my exact thought. GT has had a ton of success with international players so I'm glad we are still scouring the planet.

Nika Markovic was my favorite Panther of that era, pre-Fairbanks.
Great player....her left arm was lethal. She was slowed by injury late in her career at Pitt.....but has gone on to have a very successful professional volleyball career. One of the best in the Fisher era for sure.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Maybe there is more info available in Europe. This is what I have found: One scouting service has her rated in the top 20 European prospects and another has her rated #23. Romania generally has one of the better national teams in Europe. She is 18 years old and already 6’4. One evaluator described her serve as “devastating.”

From all I read, there is a lot to like about her. She does appear very thin, but hopefully Pitt can add some muscle to her body.

Maybe there is more info available in Europe. This is what I have found: One scouting service has her rated in the top 20 European prospects and another has her rated #23. Romania generally has one of the better national teams in Europe. She is 18 years old and already 6’4. One evaluator described her serve as “devastating.”

From all I read, there is a lot to like about her. She does appear very thin, but hopefully Pitt can add some muscle to her body.
Good intel.

Petrone with a new ‘Pitt is it ‘ tweet today- Dominic Campbell who covers Pitt volleyball closely for the Pitt news believes it is a 2026 recruit…

I’m calling Isabelle Hoppe, based off of social media.

If so, WOW.

(Would also be thrilled if it turns out to be Jordyn Gray)

Last edited:
I’m calling Isabelle Hoppe, based off of social media.

If so, WOW.

(Would also be thrilled if it turns out to be Jordyn Gray)
I hope you're right.

Isabelle Hoppe:

5'8" Setter

Ranked #7 overall 2026 by Prepvolleyball.com

Father Chris is the Deputy Athletics Director at Pitt and oversees the women's volleyball program

Last edited:
Reactions: PittMBA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT