ADVERTISEMENT

VB: Six Rotations - 9/9/24

Listened to it.....barely anything positive about Pitt as #1. Gillman the host commented something to the effect that Pitt 'backed into it' at this point rather than earning it. No reason to be mad about that because with the upcoming 3 game grind that includes USC this week and Penn State next week Pitt can silence any of the critics that feel we are undeserving.

Listened to it.....barely anything positive about Pitt as #1. Gillman the host commented something to the effect that Pitt 'backed into it' at this point rather than earning it. No reason to be mad about that because with the upcoming 3 game grind that includes USC this week and Penn State next week Pitt can silence any of the critics that feel we are undeserving.
Tonight, I watched a replay of Miami's reverse sweep victory at Texas. Miami has some really athletic players this year and are going to be dangerous in ACC play. They have several foreign players on their roster and they can play (as does Georgia Tech).

Stanford and Penn State are both playing really well. Next Wednesday against PSU is going to be a fun match to watch.

Reactions: vantheman1976
I'll be honest, I don't know what PSU is, yet. They're distributing the ball a little better than just trying to give Mruzik every set. Also don't think Louisville is as good as they've been, either. I really thought Stanford would be #1. The recognition is nice but it ultimately doesn't matter. Finish as at least a three seed overall and worry about competing the last weekend of the season.

I'll be honest, I don't know what PSU is, yet. They're distributing the ball a little better than just trying to give Mruzik every set. Also don't think Louisville is as good as they've been, either. I really thought Stanford would be #1. The recognition is nice but it ultimately doesn't matter. Finish as at least a three seed overall and worry about competing the last weekend of the season.
Yes....and Fisher just said the same thing. I went over to the volleytalk proboards this morning to see what is being said. There was a little 'bit of shade' thrown Pitt's way....but not a lot. I remain amazed at the attention given to Texas and the B1G....especially Nebraska and Wisconsin. Some are shocked that the ACC is getting such a foothold in the top 25....love it. Penn State should easily come to the Pete undefeated next week....Duke, Princeton, and St. Johns at home this week.....fingers crossed that Pitt takes care of business on the west coast.

Yes....and Fisher just said the same thing. I went over to the volleytalk proboards this morning to see what is being said. There was a little 'bit of shade' thrown Pitt's way....but not a lot. I remain amazed at the attention given to Texas and the B1G....especially Nebraska and Wisconsin. Some are shocked that the ACC is getting such a foothold in the top 25....love it. Penn State should easily come to the Pete undefeated next week....Duke, Princeton, and St. Johns at home this week.....fingers crossed that Pitt takes care of business on the west coast.
Wisconsin is another program I'm wondering about. Not sure if they're down.

My daughter and her friends were discussing Nebraska. There are a lot of distractions around that program right now and, as a program, they churn out more TikTok posts than any other school. Her group thought that maybe they needed to put the phones down for a while, LOL.

Reactions: Austin26
Wisconsin is another program I'm wondering about. Not sure if they're down.

My daughter and her friends were discussing Nebraska. There are a lot of distractions around that program right now and, as a program, they churn out more TikTok posts than any other school. Her group thought that maybe they needed to put the phones down for a while, LOL.
Oh boy....then you're privy to all the gossip about the mess in Nebraska! There's an 86 page thread on the volleytalk proboard about Harper Murray's DUI and shoplifting arrest that has been going strong since April. And why did Cook bring in Taylor Landfair from Minnesota......who I understand has her own issues. Did Cook think Murray was going to be expelled? I just hope our ladies don't get distracted about the Lyke dismissal and all the bitching and moaning about Victory Heights! I try to get all the enjoyment I can out of Pitt athletics...but it's getting harder and harder.

Oh boy....then you're privy to all the gossip about the mess in Nebraska! There's an 86 page thread on the volleytalk proboard about Harper Murray's DUI and shoplifting arrest that has been going strong since April. And why did Cook bring in Taylor Landfair from Minnesota......who I understand has her own issues. Did Cook think Murray was going to be expelled? I just hope our ladies don't get distracted about the Lyke dismissal and all the bitching and moaning about Victory Heights! I try to get all the enjoyment I can out of Pitt athletics...but it's getting harder and harder.
Eh, I'm in the camp that thinks Pitt will emphasize Olympic sports and basketball so I'm not too worried from volleyball's perspective. It's a shame where it's gone but such is life.

I haven't paid too much attention to Murray or any of the other stuff going on. My daughter and her friends follow Nebraska a lot more closely than I do but if they're noticing it, there's something to say about it.

Creighton is so fun to watch, they cover so well and the combo of Wait/Sis/Martin/Goetzinger is electric. Nebraska was just a bit too much for them but that team will compete with anyone this year

Reactions: HOF Coach
UCSB (my wife happens to be an alum, go Gauchos!) just took set 3 from Stanford to keep their match alive. They won’t be an easy opponent for Pitt this week, all three of these teams have teeth

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT