ADVERTISEMENT

VB: Today, 9/3 @ 6:00 vs Buffalo

I guess I'll find out in seven minutes whether I can get ACCNX for free through my Comcast account
church-baby.gif

Nisa saw a lot of action tonight as the backup Setter and played well.
Good crowd turn out.....lots of noise.....I'm sure the team appreciated this for the season home opener. I have to confess....it wasn't competitive. Sort of like watching professionals vs an amateur team. I don't know much about Buffalo but they did have a decent team last year.....23-9.....and made the NIVT post season. They were 3-0 coming into tonight's game. Fisher rested most of his starters in set 3 and Pitt still dominated. After 3 games Pitt is looking very good. And what about this insane service ace number.....28 in 3 games and 9 sets!

Now it's off to another west coast grind....Pitt plays USC, Pepperdine, and UC Santa Barbara over a 4 day span next week.

One more thing....Penn State took down Louisville tonight 3 sets to 0. So far it's a perfect night.

I thought they looked really good tonight.

Ryla Jones is better than I expected. Kelley looks comfortable. Babcock seems to have nailed her serve.
we could play 100 sets against Buffalo and not lose a set— we are at a completely different level .

I thought everyone played well- the whole team saw plenty of action.

I thought Bayless played particularly well which was good to see.

Our serve was completely dominant again- 10 aces - Buffalo really struggled with their first pass - and I can’t recall more than 2 or 3 service errors the whole match.

And a great crowd .

We might be #1 when the new polls come out with Texas, Nebraska, and Wisconsin all losing .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT