ADVERTISEMENT

VB vs #21 Louisville

Pitt takes 1st set 25-22. Ville is showing why they are ranked so high but so are the panthers.

Lots of unforced errors by pitt. Need to clean those up

Pitt loses the 3rd set 28-26. With that, it’s only the 11th set pitt has lost all year! Amazing.

379900d.jpg

The libero(sp?) For Pitt is clearly a weak link. She needs a sub.

That mchenry is hot! And I don’t necessarily mean her looks.

The low quick sets aren't working-Ville is blocking them easily. Pitt seems to hit better today with the higher sets a bit off the net.

Pitt doing pitt things. Play well, get oh slow close to winning and then blow it in spectacular fashion.

Pitt blows 21 point lead against cincy in 2009. Pitt softball last year 1 out away and give up 4 to 1 lead in last inning. And this where they are up 2 sets need 1 point and then will lose in 5.

Wow, that was nerve racking. Incredible. I don't know how you can be any sort of sports fan and not appreciate that.

Great display for the crowd. Hopefully those fans will be back.

Good to see Capel in attendance with his family.
I was there, but didn’t see Capel, glad to here he was there. Where was Narrduzzi, Lyke and Gallagher? Maybe Narrduzzi would have learned something about coaching!!!!

I was there, but didn’t see Capel, glad to here he was there. Where was Narrduzzi, Lyke and Gallagher? Maybe Narrduzzi would have learned something about coaching!!!!

Capel was sitting on the first row of baseline bleachers on the Pitt bench side and was visible on the stream several times. He had his whole family with him.

I don't live in the area so I've only been to a couple of games in person this year. Lyke has been at a lot of games (it is her job) so I imagine she was there for part of it (may have split time with the women's soccer game since it was senior day for them). Gallagher has been at games too, including the ones I was at earlier in the season.

I haven't seen Narduzzi at any but that doesn't mean he hasn't been there but I imagine Sun afternoons are usually pretty busy for him.

Last edited:
Capel was sitting on the first row of baseline bleachers on the Pitt bench side and was visible on the stream several times. He had his whole family with him.

I don't live in the area so I've only been to a couple of games in person this year. Lyke has been at a lot of games (it is her job) so I imagine she was there for part of it (may have split time with the women's soccer game since it was senior day for them). Gallagher has been at games too, including the ones I was at earlier in the season.

I haven't seen Narduzzi at any but that doesn't mean he hasn't been there but I imagine Sun afternoons are usually pretty busy for him.

Pitt football coaches were out recruiting during the bye week. Probably back and prepping for Duke. Dont blame him not being there.

Lyke is typically at these games. Like you said may have been up at the soccer game.

Any chance of moving up to #5 this week? I think #5 UNL lost twice this week to ranked teams. Pitt volleyball seems to have a ceiling in the rankings like UCF does in football.

I think its possible we stay at 6 and wisconsin at 5.

Thanks, glad to hear that, and yes there was a soccer game, didn’t know it was senior day

Just to put into perspective the state of Pitt's program. If Pitt averaged the attendance it had today, that would put Pitt at 20th in the nation in attendance base on last year's numbers. Unless Pitt has very good crowds the final two home games, like 1500 each game, Pitt will be lucky to crack the top 50 in average attendance this season. Pitt currently is averaging 959 for its 12 home games this year, but that is up to 1,122 over the last 6 games, which would be ~45th. Pitt really has to work on getting fans to the Fitz.

ADVERTISEMENT