ADVERTISEMENT

VB: vs Marquette - 9/22 Match Info

Just to be clear, there is going to be a lot of talk about how Nebraska should be #1 after their wins this week and they’re really not doing a lot to beat Louisville as much as Louisville looks like a mess. Passing and setting is just bad. So many hitting errors.
It will be interesting. One thing is for certain....Pitt and Nebraska will be 1 & 2.....but who will #1? Here's my wild guess. Pitt will stay #1 with 45 votes.....Nebraska #2 with 16 votes. Every B1G school may give the nod to Nebraska with the exception of PSU.

I think it should be Pitt but I agree it is going to be interesting. Nebraska’s schedule has been brutal and they have more wins against ranked teams - including the two Top 5 wins this week. I just think it’s hard to argue against Pitt’s flawless record, and not sure how you demote a team from #1 after the week we just had.

I think it should be Pitt but I agree it is going to be interesting. Nebraska’s schedule has been brutal and they have more wins against ranked teams - including the two Top 5 wins this week. I just think it’s hard to argue against Pitt’s flawless record, and not sure how you demote a team from #1 after the week we just had.
Here is Emily Ehman's Top Ten (Pitt is #1):

It will be interesting. One thing is for certain....Pitt and Nebraska will be 1 & 2.....but who will #1? Here's my wild guess. Pitt will stay #1 with 45 votes.....Nebraska #2 with 16 votes. Every B1G school may give the nod to Nebraska with the exception of PSU.

Until Pitt loses they are still #1 in my opinion.We have yet to lose a set.Can nebrask say that?

You're right Zachary.....people don't want to hear it.....now go back to sleep in the cornfields!

@ZacheryCroll
People don’t want to hear it, but I can make an argument for Nebraska. 4 top ten wins. 6 top 25 (if we count TCU). But I get it. A loss is a loss. I’ll be interested how good of a win that ASU one turns out to be. Hard team to prepare for and they might keep climbing.

aW2Sq36o_normal.jpg

Emily Ehman
@emilyehman
I agree. Nebraska definitely has the wins. But I can’t justify putting a team who got swept by an unranked opponent over a team who hasn’t lost a single set this season including a top 25, top 10 and top 5 sweep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT