ADVERTISEMENT

Very very proud

Of these guys. They could have hardly done better. Need to have talented bigs who can score or be fouled instead of merely getting blocked due to the size difference.

As has been noted so often, Pitt needs some inside guys who are better at catching and finishing. Who are able to play off of XJ's lightning quick moves and vision along with his wonderful ability to deliver the ball and to drive and dish. HCJC knows it. Right now it is what it is for the rest of this season. Have to see just what the HC is able to do about it starting with next season.

I would expect Pitt to play Cuse much better at Pitt. This young team has struggled the first time of something new and then by the next time looked much improved.

Cuse shot surprisingly well from the perimeter, while X and McGowens had a couple good looks at a three early in second half that just did not go down. If they fall the game might have played out a little closer.

Elllison plays hard but since he is not a shooting threat even from inside the foul line of that zone, that allowed Syracuse to play pass.

Not sure how many times Toney was blocked, but it was a lot. Brown's lack of hands hinder his offensive game.

Bring on some bigs to the program.

Amazing PItt outrebounded Syracuse, that shows how hard they play for Capel.

As has been noted so often, Pitt needs some inside guys who are better at catching and finishing. Who are able to play off of XJ's lightning quick moves and vision along with his wonderful ability to deliver the ball and to drive and dish. HCJC knows it. Right now it is what it is for the rest of this season. Have to see just what the HC is able to do about it starting with next season.

I would love a Dante Taylor even. He could at least catch and dunk. An average big on this team would average 12+ PPG just on dump-offs from all the penetration. Desperately need a big next year.

For the first time seeing the cuse zine at the Cuse they gave a heck of an effort.

Loved the way Trey fought through the frustration to finish strong

The good news is JWF appears to be out of his slump. Looked good shooting the ball which bodes well for the rest of the year if he caxthes fire

Hopefully X can get better being a PG, I know it's not his natural position, and like you guys are saying get some reliable big guys that can finish around the basket. Brown is doing better but he is so soft with the ball , you'll pull your hair out if you watch too close.

There’s four options right now with regards to Brown’s hands situation:
1) Brown’s hands never get better and as JC recruits better players TB becomes a backup .
2) Brown’s hands get better after a gazillion passes I’d be making him catch during the off season . Plus I’d do everything I can to work on his quickness .
3) As Pitts guards get better they stop penetrating too deep which forces them to make difficult passes to catch . They start dishing the ball to him were he can be successful .
4) You stop passing him the ball .

My guess is TB gets better , X and Trey get better and JC recruits better bigs and shooters which help creates more space underneath . It’s a process and it’s just getting started

Reactions: Chescat
ADVERTISEMENT