ADVERTISEMENT

Victory Light yet again (Monday at 5pm.)

Cool name, but another pretty crumby offer list for a position we just landed a bunch of recruits at.

Last edited:
Yeah really how many DE's do we need ?

Don’t think they all stay at DE long term. Nelms is already 6’6” 255 and some project him long term as an OT with his long arms. Brima is 6’5” or 6’6” (according to his HS coach) and 235. Brian O’Neill in comparison was 6’6” 230 coming into Pitt.

Anyways welcome to Pitt Bam.

Welcome to Pitt!

I love the gnashing of teeth when we have no recruits who have committed, but then when we get a good number of them Pitt fans immediately crap all over the kids.

What's worse? The people doing that or the people basically copy and pasting some form of this message in every thread?

He goes to my high school. My nephew played with him. He was hearing from Cuse and ND.

He’s only played football a few years, but has the size and speed.
Not according to his profiles and the credited stats are pretty pedestrian.

What's worse? The people doing that or the people basically copy and pasting some form of this message in every thread?

I'm not sure I get what you are asking. Are you asking if it is worse that people crap on a kid right away, or that people call out the crapping? I wasn't aware that people were actually copying & pasting an actual message here. I know I did not.

Reactions: JoseLind13
Don’t think they all stay at DE long term. Nelms is already 6’6” 255 and some project him long term as an OT with his long arms. Brima is 6’5” or 6’6” (according to his HS coach) and 235. Brian O’Neill in comparison was 6’6” 230 coming into Pitt.

Anyways welcome to Pitt Bam.
Good points. I’m not intending to knock any of our new commits, and i frankly know little about them. It’s good that a few of these recruits that are classified as DE have some potential versatility. I trust that this staff knows what they are doing on defense.

"Any warm body" probably won't make the program better.

So, a 6'5", 235-pound kid, who is rated a 3-star recruit, with what looks like a pretty nice ceiling, is already to be judged as an inconsequential player?

Got it.

So, a 6'5", 235-pound kid, who is rated a 3-star recruit, with what looks like a pretty nice ceiling, is already to be judged as an inconsequential player?

Got it.

You're cool with gushing all over a kid that plays out on an island of crappy football in north-central PA and has a ton of downside that might have a "pretty nice ceiling" in four or five years?

If that's the level of recruit we're going to be getting now, this board will be full of "Fire Narduzzi" threads by October.

You're cool with gushing all over a kid that plays out on an island of crappy football in north-central PA and has a ton of downside that might have a "pretty nice ceiling" in four or five years?

If that's the level of recruit we're going to be getting now, this board will be full of "Fire Narduzzi" threads by October.

No, I am cool with giving the kid a chance.

Its early and they had just taken 10 other commits a day before if they didn't think this kid could play they wouldn't have offered him, its that simple. They must have seen enough to think he can be a good player. I worry more if its late in the process that maybe they struck out on a bunch of kids and just wanted a fill in but this early

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT