ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Game Odds

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Virginia by 4.5. However, Sagarin's computer would have Virginia by only 1.5 or only 0.5 in the "recent" rating. The Sagarin ratings are usually much closer to the published odds than they are this time.

Also, Pitt has beaten its Sagarin prediction by 5 and 4 points the last two games.

Finally, the game is at the Petersen.

We will find out tomorrow night.

For now, no reason not to be optimistic.

Lots of money must be being bet on Virginia. The line has moved to Virginia by 6 up from 4.5 To make it less attractive to take Virginia.

One of those weird games where if Pitt goes off from three, unlike last game, UVA might not be able to catch up. I know that is common sense, but Pitt was not good last game from 3, and may be due for one of those games… I hope they can handle the hype and energy.

This game makes me nervous, UVA gets a ton of steals and I'm not confident in our ball handlers, as we've seen at the end of the last two games when the pressure was ramped up.

This game makes me nervous, UVA gets a ton of steals and I'm not confident in our ball handlers, as we've seen at the end of the last two games when the pressure was ramped up.
It’s going to come down to how Pitt shoots the ball .

I think Pitt has covered 9 straight games. Eventually the models will catch up.

My speculation prior to the game was that Sagarin's computer was more likely to be correct than the odds makers' point spread. Also, I felt that Pitt was playing about 4-5 points better than its Sagarin "recent" rating.

Serendipitously, that speculation proved correct (for tonight, at least). A 4-5 point better Pitt than its Sagarin "recent" rating would have Pitt equal to UVA (neutral site) and Pitt won by 3 which is about the Home Court Advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT