ADVERTISEMENT

VolleyballMag.com 1st Super 16 Media Poll

vantheman1976

Freshman
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2005
This is through games from yesterday.....take a look. Now we wait for the AVCA poll this afternoon.

"This is the first VolleyballMag Super 16 Media Poll of the season and unbeaten Pittsburgh is a unanimous No. 1. The Panthers got all 11 of the first-place votes. Nebraska was a solid No. 2. As the voters noted in their comments, after that things could have gone a number of way."

This is through games from yesterday.....take a look. Now we wait for the AVCA poll this afternoon.

"This is the first VolleyballMag Super 16 Media Poll of the season and unbeaten Pittsburgh is a unanimous No. 1. The Panthers got all 11 of the first-place votes. Nebraska was a solid No. 2. As the voters noted in their comments, after that things could have gone a number of way."

This last voter comment, from someone who has seen most of the top teams live, feels like a good sign that this could be a special year:

Feinswog: I was in Pittsburgh when Pitt beat Penn State last week. And I’ve also been fortunate to have seen in person Stanford, Louisville, Nebraska, Purdue, Wisconsin and Kentucky. It’s going to take a very, very good team hitting on all cylinders to beat Pitt”

Here’s a crazy stat

We are 27-0 in sets played ( crazy in and of itself)

Of those 27 sets - in just 5 of them has the opponent eclipsed 20 points. That’s unbelievable.

Oregon x 2 ( 25 and 23)
LBSU x1 ( 20 )
USC x1 (29)
ECU x1 (23)

That’s it

To say we are dominant is almost an understatement.

Their teams were so dominant then. I doubt it will ever be eclipsed as there are so many good volleyball teams now.
111 consecutive sets.....forget about it. Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak was set in 1941...83 years ago. That's what 111 consecutive winning sets in volleyball is like. It will endure for years to come.....maybe forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT