ADVERTISEMENT

VT Fans Taking A Victory Lap

Dec 20, 2019
I found this quote during a recent Google search of Pitt football from a VT message board called Tech Sideline

"Pitt's Nardoooz, taking it on the chin...​

This is the third four-star recruit the Panthers have lost to the Hokies during this cycle, along with defensive lineman Emmett Laws and linebacker Gabriel Williams."

There were a few other comments including a few pro Pitt takes about us putting guys in the NFL. I had to laugh considering how we have kicked their teeth in pretty regularly since Dooz arrived. I was tempted to go troll then I realized it isn't even worth it. I sure do hope they keep this same energy on Sept. 30th though. I stayed in a hotel in Blacksburg last weekend on my way home from a trip and even their grocery stores are VT decked out. I took a picture of me punching the Hookie in the face lol. Football season can't come fast enough.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
I found this quote during a recent Google search of Pitt football from a VT message board called Tech Sideline

This is the third four-star recruit the Panthers have lost to the Hokies during this cycle, along with defensive lineman Emmett Laws and linebacker Gabriel Williams."

There were a few other comments including a few pro Pitt takes about us putting guys in the NFL. I had to laugh considering how we have kicked their teeth in pretty regularly since Dooz arrived. I was tempted to go troll then I realized it isn't even worth it. I sure do hope they keep this same energy on Sept. 30th though. I stayed in a hotel in Blacksburg last weekend on my way home from a trip and even their grocery stores are VT decked out. I took a picture of me punching the Hookie in the face lol. Football season can't come fast enough.
Eh. They can’t win on the field so they grasp at something else. The predictable refuge of a loser.

TBH we do it with academic ratings and such to PSU and WVU (of course, we beat each of them on the field at least occasionally as well…but hey, VT beats us every decade or so too … ouch).

Maybe the clip of our second string running back galloping 99 yards for a TD (in a game where we trounced them) … against their “4 star” Defense … coached by their “HoF legend DC” might sober em up a bit.

Plus, “winning” in recruiting now exclusively means your boosters ponied up one more cent to the recruit than ours. That’s totally all it is now. You were a bit hornier to take the slut home than we were. Congrats on that…I guess

Wait, what ... Emmett Laws? Is that a real person?

Sleep Yawn GIF

What's a Hokie???

We’ve dominated VT for the most part since Walt beat them like 37-7 or 31-7 at Heinz…

I remember being there in total shock.. Walt kept calling the same play over and over essentially… they couldn’t stop it

They have some nice players, but isn't this Pry's first full recruiting cycle? It's not uncommon to see a bump, because you're selling hope at that point. Although, other than a few down years for Fuente, they've typically recruited pretty well anyway.

I'm not going to flex on them too much, because things can turn on a dime in college football. Honestly, they probably *should* be better than us, which is a testament to the job Pitt has done. They have a nice campus, they're south of us, and they get 65k even when they suck.

Reactions: jctrack
We’ve dominated VT for the most part since Walt beat them like 37-7 or 31-7 at Heinz…

I remember being there in total shock.. Walt kept calling the same play over and over essentially… they couldn’t stop it

11-11 overall, but 10-4 in the last 14. 5-3 under Narduzzi. Feels like we should be 7-1. Not being able to punch it in on first and goal from the one sucked, but we also came out completely flat against them on a Thursday night in 2016 and really shot ourselves in the foot in a game we only lost by 3.

They have some nice players, but isn't this Pry's first full recruiting cycle? It's not uncommon to see a bump, because you're selling hope at that point. Although, other than a few down years for Fuente, they've typically recruited pretty well anyway.

I'm not going to flex on them too much, because things can turn on a dime in college football. Honestly, they probably *should* be better than us, which is a testament to the job Pitt has done. They have a nice campus, they're south of us, and they get 65k even when they suck.

Last year would have been the first full recruiting bump.

This year it should be a little bit harder to recruit for them.

There is a level of recruiting that can overcome bad coaching.

We’ve seen that with Les Miles, Mack Brown, Mario Cristobal, Coach O, etc.

But Pry needs to recruit way better than his current class to overcome how poorly coached they were last year. That was just god awful bad, even with their lack of talent.

Last year would have been the first full recruiting bump.

This year it should be a little bit harder to recruit for them.

I just don't know what's considered a full recruiting cycle now that everything happens so much earlier. But that's fair... looks like he came on the last day of November in 2021.

11-11 overall, but 10-4 in the last 14. 5-3 under Narduzzi. Feels like we should be 7-1. Not being able to punch it in on first and goal from the one sucked, but we also came out completely flat against them on a Thursday night in 2016 and really shot ourselves in the foot in a game we only lost by 3.
2019 was pretty damn awful. Had a chance at 9-3 and an NY6 bowl and we got absolutely beat down by them with one of the worst offensive performances ever

Reactions: jctrack
2019 was pretty damn awful. Had a chance at 9-3 and an NY6 bowl and we got absolutely beat down by them with one of the worst offensive performances ever

The offense that year is what gives me concerns about this season. Frankly, I don't see where the production is coming from at the skilled positions. But the o-line play should be better, so that will help, I suppose.

But I thought that 2019 defense was Narduzzi's best. I know people will point to all the draft picks this past season, but I'm still taking 2019. For one, Twyman and Ford didn't make much/any noise in the draft, but both played like 1st round picks that season. That 2019 VT game was perhaps the best I've ever seen a college safety play... at least until the helmet to helmet shot.

Reactions: singregardless
The offense that year is what gives me concerns about this season. Frankly, I don't see where the production is coming from at the skilled positions. But the o-line play should be better, so that will help, I suppose.
That season was plagued by dropped passes and poor o-line play. Didn't really have a serviceable TE. There were a ton of holes on that team.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
That season was plagued by dropped passes and poor o-line play. Didn't really have a serviceable TE. There were a ton of holes on that team.

No doubt. Just hope this team is demonstrably better. Are Means and Mumpfield unequivocally better than Ffrench (850 yards that season) and Mack (736 yards that season)? I'm skeptical.

Running backs should be better, but we need them to be A LOT better. Same goes for the line, and it should be.

Tight ends were bad, but they weren't good last season either. Bartholomew has raised some concerns as to whether he can be a plus at the position or if he's better off as an H-back.

No doubt. Just hope this team is demonstrably better. Are Means and Mumpfield unequivocally better than Ffrench (850 yards that season) and Mack (736 yards that season)? I'm skeptical.

Running backs should be better, but we need them to be A LOT better. Same goes for the line, and it should be.

Tight ends were bad, but they weren't good last season either. Bartholomew has raised some concerns as to whether he can be a plus at the position or if he's better off as an H-back.

Bartholomew was “college football” open a lot in 2021. Which is indicative of scheme.

YES ... the drops.

And that was Whip year 1 and the transition from Watson, who had literally run the offense into the ground to Whip transitioning to a short passing scheme was just dried camel puke.

AJ Davis was the worst starting back of the Nards era, every other time he got the ball running AWAY from the hole, and the offense basically was throwing Maurice Ffrench a 5 yard pass hoping he he would do something with it.

You are out of your bloody mind if you thought THAT offense had any place in a NY6 bowl game.

Moved the ball some, but just couldn't get in the endzone. Only had 28 offensive TDs (4946 yard) in 2019, while in comparison, they had 43 TDs (5275 yards) last year.

You are out of your bloody mind if you thought THAT offense had any place in a NY6 bowl game.
KennyHeisman, aka whateverandPitt... noted Narduzzi hater, is certainly out of his mind. That team had 3 losses going into Blacksburg and there wasn't a chance in hell they were going to a NY6 bowl game. Even if they won out, they couldn't even win the Coastal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT