ADVERTISEMENT

Waddle ya all think?

upj87

Head Coach
Nov 5, 2003
Bradshaw telling Andy Reid, "C'mon, waddle over here". I thought it humorous and perfectly acceptable within the fat guy to fat guy paradigm....But would love some input from the fat shaming is horrible crowd who think he should be banished to re-education training or out and out dismissed from his duties...

fat shaming people is funny but this still was kind of awkward. it's time for terry to retire..
not sure why he is the go to guy here...you have that gap toothed guy (I think he played football also at one time) from Good Morning America right there on the pre-game show who is used to doing interviews and you go with Bradshaw? odd.

not sure why he is the go to guy here...you have that gap toothed guy (I think he played football also at one time) from Good Morning America right there on the pre-game show who is used to doing interviews and you go with Bradshaw? odd.
FOX has Bradshaw do it because there's a good chance he'll say something that'll get press the next day, that's exactly what happened. NBC had Mike Tirico do it last year and Jim Nance did it for CBS the year before that.

Who does Bradshaw appeal to anymore? He used to be a pretty standard commentator outside of the folksy act. Now he’s more of a standard clown.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I am a fat guy. Used to be on a similar scale tipping plane as Reid. Never liked it when it was done in front of a lot of people.

Me thinks public fat shaming makes a lot more folks become thin than the newfound fat acceptance ever will...kinda goes without saying the super bowl winners stage probably not the place to do so though..

Reactions: Pitt79
Who does Bradshaw appeal to anymore? He used to be a pretty standard commentator outside of the folksy act. Now he’s more of a standard clown.
I watch NONE of the talking heads. Waste of time. Frequently MUTE the game broadcasters, too.

Bradshaw telling Andy Reid, "C'mon, waddle over here". I thought it humorous and perfectly acceptable within the fat guy to fat guy paradigm....But would love some input from the fat shaming is horrible crowd who think he should be banished to re-education training or out and out dismissed from his duties...
It’s just Terry being Terry. If Andy had no problem with it then no one should.

I remember Mark Madden always saying that fat people are the last of the protected groups. But that’s changing now too. I don’t understand the insistence of placing everyone into a bucket with a label.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Bradshaw is losing it, but this is what some of the references in the interview come from.

Guys of their age group grew up JAGGIN' each other, saying the worst ugly and hurtful things they could think of about them, their mothers, their sisters, anyone. This is not hurtful to anyone who grew up in the 80s or before, those people just fire back with something 1000times UGLIER and MORE BRUTAL and HURTFUL and just laugh :)

Guys of their age group grew up JAGGIN' each other, saying the worst ugly and hurtful things they could think of about them, their mothers, their sisters, anyone. This is not hurtful to anyone who grew up in the 80s or before, those people just fire back with something 1000times UGLIER and MORE BRUTAL and HURTFUL and just laugh :)
shame that the youth of today have utterly no ability to rag on their buddy's mothers anymore...some day when you are old enough I will tell you the 70's story of a good friend on my brother (who went on to play 13 years in the NBA) who was outside our house at 2am drunk as a skunk serenading my mother with Kenny Rodger's "Oh Ruby (substitute my mom's name here) Don't take your Love to Town"...Classic stuff...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt and Pitt79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT