ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest Game @ The Pete & Other Dribbles ...

I agree, there are places that don't have him listed. Most of them (but not all for sure) are ones that have not been updated in a long time. The more recently a list has been updated the more likely it is that Champagnie is on it.
I quickly looked at 4 different ones. He was on ALL 4.. If you really try, you can find ones he’s not in, most are from 2017

So, basically DT, you are saying that in Capel’s 4th season at Pitt, we might win 2-3 ACC games. Do you think that warrants retaining him? Does he get a pass on the players leaving the program, all of whom he recruited?

So, basically DT, you are saying that in Capel’s 4th season at Pitt, we might win 2-3 ACC games. Do you think that warrants retaining him? Does he get a pass on the players leaving the program, all of whom he recruited?

I can't answer what "warrants" retaining him. The only opinion that matters on this is Heather Lyke's. And with the financial situation faced by the Athletic Department, he'll get year 4 and 5, unless things are unbelievably bad in year four.

In short, I'd say that Capel's tenure his not met my expectations. I thought we would be contending for an NIT in Year 3, and instead year 3 fell apart.

As for year four, we'll have to see what Capel can pull off for getting some new players in here. And so much depends on whether Justin stays for another year. I completely expect him to not be at Pitt next year, but many other feel differently. We can only wait and see.

If we have Justin next year, a decent season is certainly possible.

I can't answer what "warrants" retaining him. The only opinion that matters on this is Heather Lyke's. And with the financial situation faced by the Athletic Department, he'll get year 4 and 5, unless things are unbelievably bad in year four.

In short, I'd say that Capel's tenure his not met my expectations. I thought we would be contending for an NIT in Year 3, and instead year 3 fell apart.

As for year four, we'll have to see what Capel can pull off for getting some new players in here. And so much depends on whether Justin stays for another year. I completely expect him to not be at Pitt next year, but many other feel differently. We can only wait and see.

If we have Justin next year, a decent season is certainly possible.
I guess the question is realistically what should be the expectations of the Pitt bb program be in the ACC ? One winning season since joining the ACC ( conference ) and that was their first 8 long seasons ago . JD was able to follow that up win 8 & 9 conference wins ,but had he stayed I doubt with the roster he had he had more than one more respectable season left .
It seems to me a .500 ACC record should be a goal not an expectation .

The solution is pretty simple they need more better players and until they win it’s awfully difficult to recruit those players to Pitt . The program is in a ruff spot and I’m not sure there’s any other coach coming in here that will do much better . Pitt is committed to JC for some time now so let’s hope he can find some guys who can elevate the program because I can’t see any hero riding in here on a white horse saving the day .

Reactions: TWPitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT