ADVERTISEMENT

Was listening to Peak podcast ....

cpc247

Redshirt
Jun 26, 2013
Peak was talking about how explosive and the potential of V Carter. It got me thinking of how athletic/explosive could we be given the roster we have. Just for fun line up your "ultimate" Pitt offense for OC Whipple (no one knows what it will look like).

Fan Favorite line up for me on O would be:

WR1 -T. Mack
WR2 - Shocky JL
Slot - Ffrench (talk about a speedy receiving core and the deep ball potential)

LT - Warren - Monster size
LG - Hargrove
C - Morrisey
RG - Wheeler (like him local kid and team guy)
RT - Houy (means young guys out developed need for transfer)

QB - K. Pickett - Sorry guys I think he can be a good player. I'd like to see him a little less under center (more in the gun) and average about 3-5 designed runs a game. (KP has above average speed too)

RB - V. Carter (Unleash the Freak)

TE - Drum Roll...... Local guy ...... Clairton's very own ......Aaron Mathews...

Not saying it would, could, or should happen, but I wouldn't fault the new OC for trying it out.....but the defense might be a little ticked .... or tired

H2P!

Peak was talking about how explosive and the potential of V Carter. It got me thinking of how athletic/explosive could we be given the roster we have. Just for fun line up your "ultimate" Pitt offense for OC Whipple (no one knows what it will look like).

WR1 -T. Mack
WR2 - Shocky JL

LG - Hargrove
C - Morrisey

QB - K. Pickett - Sorry guys I think he can be a good player. I'd like to see him a little less under center (more in the gun) and average about 3-5 designed runs a game. (KP has above average speed too)

TE - Drum Roll...... Local guy ...... Clairton's very own ......Aaron Mathews...

Not saying it would, could, or should happen, but I wouldn't fault the new OC for trying it out.....but the defense might be a little ticked .... or tired

H2P!
I think sometime this year that we will see Mathews line up in the TE position (probably in obvious pass situations). What would it hurt?

WR1 -T. Mack
WR2 - Shocky JL

LG - Hargrove
C - Morrisey

H2P!
It would be great to see Carter used similar to Darren Sproles or Tarik Cohen in the NFL. Certainly not an every down back, but on the field a ton and lined up in both the backfield and slot as a threat to run or catch the ball. Using him certainly doesn’t have to be at the expense of any other back’s playing time.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
Isn't Patti a better, a.k.a more explosive option as QB, in this (quite fun) scenario? Or am I confusing his rep with MacVittie? I certainly know it wouldn't be true of George.

It would be great to see Carter used similar to Darren Sproles or Tarik Cohen in the NFL. Certainly not an every down back, but on the field a ton and lined up in both the backfield and slot as a threat to run or catch the ball. Using him certainly doesn’t have to be at the expense of any other back’s playing time.
Any OC worth his paycheck finds simple and creative ways to get the ball to his most explosive playmakers in space. It was remarkable how backwards we went on that from Canada to Watson. Just ask Q Henderson, Aston, and Weah.

All eyes on Whipple. If he’s not getting the most explosive athletes the ball in a variety of ways, we’d better keep looking.

To once again quote the warrior-poet/pirate Mike Leach on his offensive philosophy, “it’s very simple-throw it short to guys who can score.”

Reactions: cashisking884
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT