ADVERTISEMENT

Was Parker Stewart a better add than

Geno Thorpe?

I surely think Stewart is the much better add.

Thorpe would have almost certainly scored more points this coming year. But I don't think he would have helped the team win more games. I'd rather have next year's team playing for the future. Let's see what guys like Carr and Stewart can do and the kind of growth they can make. Plus, you'd think a guy like Stewart, as a coach's son, will be he kind of player you'll want to root for, win or lose. Thorpe hasn't had that kind of history.

I surely think Stewart is the much better add.

Thorpe would have almost certainly scored more points this coming year. But I don't think he would have helped the team win more games. I'd rather have next year's team playing for the future. Let's see what guys like Carr and Stewart can do and the kind of growth they can make. Plus, you'd think a guy like Stewart, as a coach's son, will be he kind of player you'll want to root for, win or lose. Thorpe hasn't had that kind of history.
Hearing anything about a German big?

One of (several) reasons why pitt is in the tank right now is that have used too many band aids (i.e. grad transfers) since adams left. We have no idea if Stewart will be good, but we need guys to stick around for 4 years and bring some freaking stability to this program.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Hearing anything about a German big?

Other than hearing that the staff is looking at everyone they can, I have heard nothing specific. I'll be honest and tell you though, that I'm not that optimistic that there are any surprises out there at this stage.

A more positive person could point out that Howland got Lett in late August 2001, and even Dixon got Graves late in the summer of 2003.

But that stuff in ancient history in the internet recruiting world. I just don't think there are hidden surprises anymore. (Against my point though, was the fact that Mostella didn't visit Pitt until around this time in 2013, and almost no one knew about this!)

I think it's also worth noting that Howland got Donatas Zavackas in May after Howland was hired. But Donatas also played high school basketball.

Reactions: FireballZ
One of (several) reasons why pitt is in the tank right now is that have used too many band aids (i.e. grad transfers) since adams left. We have no idea if Stewart will be good, but we need guys to stick around for 4 years and bring some freaking stability to this program.

The need for grad transfers is more symptom than cause. Can't pin the decimation of this program on that. I'm with you on getting quality recruits to stabilize things.

Reactions: Saboteur
Other than hearing that the staff is looking at everyone they can, I have heard nothing specific. I'll be honest and tell you though, that I'm not that optimistic that there are any surprises out there at this stage.

A more positive person could point out that Howland got Lett in late August 2001, and even Dixon got Graves late in the summer of 2003.

But that stuff in ancient history in the internet recruiting world. I just don't think there are hidden surprises anymore. (Against my point though, was the fact that Mostella didn't visit Pitt until around this time in 2013, and almost no one knew about this!)

I think it's also worth noting that Howland got Donatas Zavackas in May after Howland was hired. But Donatas also played high school basketball.

Thanks for the reply - I expect Pitt add one more recruit, a big (two if they can get a decent grad transfer PG to replace Milligan - I think Stewart is the first backup option PG) We need at least four scholarships to give in 2018.

Stewart sort of came out of the blue and we both agree he was a better add than Thorpe.

Maybe there will be another surprise or two: Bradzeikis, Pickett, Lofton, the German big or ????.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Thanks for the reply - I expect Pitt add one more recruit, a big (two if they can get a decent grad transfer PG to replace Milligan - I think Stewart is the first backup option PG) We need at least four scholarships to give in 2018.

Stewart sort of came out of the blue and we both agree he was a better add than Thorpe.

Maybe there will be another surprise or two: Bradzeikis, Pickett, Lofton, the German big or ????.

Lol, the mysterious unnamed German big. What a difference a week makes though.

A 5th year of Chris Jones on a team who probably won't win an ACC game vs a 6'5 SHOOTING guard who will be a true frosh and whose strength is crazily enough, SHOOTING. Parker Stewart will be the first true shooting guard taller than 6'2 who can actually shoot since Jason Matthews maybe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT