ADVERTISEMENT

Watched replay this afternoon

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Amazing performance by the Pitt Defense--especially given that Cal had the ball for 38+minutes vs Pitt's 21+ minutes . Also noteworthy in that regard is that Cal scored 38 points vs Miami the week before.

Holstein's two interceptions---first one appered due to a miscommunication with wide receiver. He should have thrown to the closer receiver instead of all the way deep into double coverage. The second one he should not have forced--it appeared to be entirely on him. I believe he needs work to learn better how to pass against zone coverage. Hopefully he will continue to learn and improve. Improvement at any thing is never a straight line--there will be ups and downs.

Both lines played well for the most part--except pass protection at times by the OL

Last edited:
Amazing performance by the Pitt Defense--especially given that Cal had the ball for 38+minutes vs Pitt's 21+ minutes . Also noteworthy in that regard is that Cal scored 38 points vs Miami the week before.

Holstein's two interceptions---first one appered due to a miscommunication with wide receiver. He should have thrown to the closer receiver instead of all the way deep into double coverage. The second one he should not have forced--it appeared to be entirely on him. Hopefully he will continue to learn and improve. Improvement at any thing is never a straight line--there will be ups and downs.

Both lines played well for the most part it seemed.
As someone else said Pitt beat the hell out of the cal Qb and he didn’t wilt. He deserves a ton of credit for keeping cal in the game

Eli had some really easy throws to Bart and chose to throw down field. I expect him to bounce back against the cuse and have a huge game

Bart should be the primary read on any play to his side of the field. Once he hits Bart a few times, it will open stuff up deep for others.

I am not ready to leave Bell off the hook entirely. I am not referring to the situations above, but it still seems like 1st downs are not gaining enough yardage, Riding the RB into the line on 3rd and long (fooling no one while giving DL more time to get to QB) and no understanding of when to (or not to) run the tricks or gadget type plays, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT