ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the Miami and Buffalo offenses...

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
And they just seem light years ahead of the Stillers. They execute at a much higher level and are way more dynamic.

I swear Tua wants to get out of football

He just ran his head/neck right into Damar Hamlin

Probably another concussion

Miami is stacked with playmakers. Buffalo has the second-best QB in the league. The Steelers may have the No. 20-25 QB in the league right now.

Yet Miami hasn’t won a playoff game in 24 years .
But not sure if I’d call 2 turnovers in a half and only 7 points dynamic
So Miami ended up with 10 total points and 3 turnovers
Who are we crowning ?
Miami has now lost 12 of their last 13 to Buffalo

Tomlin sabatoged the offense with the Canada hire, so it will take time, but I like what we are seeing from Smith. Particularly when he has Fields' legs to work with. Its the same concept, with a different style, that the Ravens have been using.

NOW, stating the obvious, its very unlikely Fields will be the answer at QB and obviously RW is a placeholder.

But, life goes on even when you are in that several decade period without a franchise QB.

Tomlin sabatoged the offense with the Canada hire, so it will take time, but I like what we are seeing from Smith. Particularly when he has Fields' legs to work with. Its the same concept, with a different style, that the Ravens have been using.

NOW, stating the obvious, its very unlikely Fields will be the answer at QB and obviously RW is a placeholder.

But, life goes on even when you are in that several decade period without a franchise QB.
The OLine being completely rebuilt is a step in the right direction

The Steelers have the least talented skill players as a group in the league

Even before the concussion Tua wasn’t very good. Looks like they made a bad investment in him

Reactions: Upg bobcat
As I said in another thread it’s better to invest in the OL and skill players than throw mad money at a qb. I think the 49ers are the model. Most of the qbs in the league could be successful with that talent on offense
They’re going to have to eventually throw mad money at Purdy or lose him. He’s on a rookie contract - and an extremely cheap one because of where he was drafted.

They can bring in Watson have have Cleveland pay most of his contract.

My guess is they trade him and find a lower cost replacement. Cant afford all that talent and a qb
Depends how he performs in the playoffs. If he delivers them a super bowl, I think they'll pay him. If he doesn't bring home the championship, I could see them saying "you had your shot let's try someone else."

My guess is they trade him and find a lower cost replacement. Cant afford all that talent and a qb

Depends how he performs in the playoffs. If he delivers them a super bowl, I think they'll pay him. If he doesn't bring home the championship, I could see them saying "you had your shot let's try someone else."
Don’t think it’s likely they move away from him unless he suddenly sucks. See Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones.

I know Purdy’s been tagged as a “system QB” but the position gets paid if they play good. He’s not as replaceable as some may think.

As far as affording all that talent - yea they’re gonna run into some issues for certain. But they’re shooting their shot like the Rams did.

Don’t think it’s likely they move away from him unless he suddenly sucks. See Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones.

I know Purdy’s been tagged as a “system QB” but the position gets paid if they play good. He’s not as replaceable as some may think.

As far as affording all that talent - yea they’re gonna run into some issues for certain. But they’re shooting their shot like the Rams did.
I think it depends upon how much money he asks for. Also Kittle and Samuels are "aging" so they may also trade those guys and try and replace them with younger less expensive talent. If Purdy demands to be the highest paid QB Im not sure that makes sense to sign him. Hes good but I dont think hes a franchise QB.

The Steelers did bring in Vick to be QB. I know some folks that stopped being Steelers fans after that happened.
yeah, these 3. that's it... Rooney family will be ok.

Several People Gathered Outside the Steelers’ Facility Today to Protest ...

yeah, these 3. that's it... Rooney family will be ok.

Several People Gathered Outside the Steelers’ Facility Today to Protest ...
Well yeah that's my point -- Steelers still doing just fine even if some of their QBs have been "yucky" or reprehensible or whatever other adjective you want to use. If management thinks Watson can get the job done and the price is right, they would let him be our QB.

Well yeah that's my point -- Steelers still doing just fine even if some of their QBs have been "yucky" or reprehensible or whatever other adjective you want to use. If management thinks Watson can get the job done and the price is right, they would let him be our QB.
oh please, like we all havent been to a dog fight before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT