ADVERTISEMENT

Wayne vs Addison - Production

tylersmyth

Walk-on
Jun 30, 2006
Wayne #48 overall in Yards (674) - 38 REC - 17.7 per catch - 64 Long - 1 TD
Addison #86 overall in Yards (585) - 39 REC - 15.0 per catch - 75 Long - 7 TD

Overall very surprised by these numbers.

Addison is USC leading receiver.

Question is do you think Addison will be a 1st Round pick?

Wasn't his whole point of going to USC to improve his play/draft stock?

Not saying he would be much better at Pitt with Solvis, but surprised by his numbers overall this year.

Not saying he would be much better at Pitt with Solvis, but surprised by his numbers overall this year.
Addison has been hurt.

Reactions: garrett_sherwin

Kiper had him as the #1 wr in his position draft outlook just a few weeks ago. So yes, i think addison is absolutely a first rd pick..

Personally, i dont like that sized wr being a first rd pick. The addison, dotson type. If you use a first rd pick for a WR, i want him to be a bigger outside guy, like a Chase from bengals. Addison to me seems like an NFL slot guy..

but im not a GM so what do i know..

Kiper’s full Top 25 Big Board ahead of Week 10​

1. Will Anderson Jr., edge, Alabama
  2. Jalen Carter, defensive tackle, Georgia
  3. C.J. Stroud, quarterback, Ohio State
  4. Will Levis, quarterback, Kentucky
  5. Bryce Young, quarterback, Alabama
  6. Peter Skoronski, offensive tackle, Northwestern
  7. Bijan Robinson, running back, Texas
  8. Michael Mayer, tight end, Notre Dame
  9. Paris Johnson Jr., offensive tackle, Ohio State
  10. Jordan Addison, wide receiver, USC

I’ll take less yards with 7 TDS all day for Wayne instead of his 1. We need scores more than overall yards. If we could spread the catches to multiple receivers and a TE (yes, we have a very good one who is not used enough) but actually get in the end zone I’d be happy.

Reactions: FrogmoreZeke
Narduzzi and Lyke sealed the doom of losing Addison with the hiring of Cig and the blind signing of Slovis with no realization of what a bad fit he’d be at Pitt. That’s what happens when the management of the football program is half-assed.

I think Wayne might come back ,not like he is getting drafted.
Jester Weah

Would be cool to have him back. Only thing from his perspective is sort of the "if not now, when?" aspect of it. I feel the same way about Hallett. They may or may not get drafted, but they're both having good seasons. Their stock will never be higher (even if they have good seasons next year, they'll still be a year older and less appealing to NFL teams).

I guess if he flat out accepts that professional football isn't in his future then there's a chance he comes back, but he's good enough where I doubt that's the case.

Would be cool to have him back. Only thing from his perspective is sort of the "if not now, when?" aspect of it. I feel the same way about Hallett. They may or may not get drafted, but they're both having good seasons. Their stock will never be higher (even if they have good seasons next year, they'll still be a year older and less appealing to NFL teams).

I guess if he flat out accepts that professional football isn't in his future then there's a chance he comes back, but he's good enough where I doubt that's the case.
smf says all players are gone.
doomed

Reactions: BPKY
Wayne is way better than Weah. similar height, that's where the comparison's end.. come on man, this is a terrible post.
damn , that cut and dry ?
i doubt.
Weah had speed and was a leader on his team, give me a break .
The only reason you like Wayne is because of recent success.

Reactions: rmf05
USC plays at home tonight vs Colorado. FS1 at 9:30 EST. Be interested to see if JA plays.

Mac Miller shout out, rip
so Pitt is gonna win tomorrow fellas
off the wall but relevant.

Never disliked Weah, he made the most of his great speed/zero football player ability. Far too many drops. Insane number of drops, actually. But as mentioned, he wasn’t really a football player.

Wayne has been one of my favorites since coming on the scene. He’s punching a weight class higher than intended right now and wobbling a bit, but that’s all Mumpfield’s fault for failing at the designated WR1 he was brought in to be.

EDIT. “Fault” is probably an unfair word regarding Mumpfield. He simply seems overmatched at this level. Don’t know if part of that is the poor scheme or lack of development. I’m sure he’s trying hard. But his failure (not an unfair word) along with Means and Bradley cratering as targets, forced Wayne to try to be a WR1 and he is not suited to it.

Last edited:
I love wayne too, pitt coaches, fans , ulumni , cheerleaders always look to the past instead of the future.

His whole point was money

he was never going to duplicate last year with a Billetnikoff let alone surpass it and “raise draft status”…. I said over the summer the only possibility of a change was a bad one like if he gets hurt

guess what? He got hurt.

damn , that cut and dry ?
i doubt.
Weah had speed and was a leader on his team, give me a break .
The only reason you like Wayne is because of recent success.
Wayne had success making contested catches in a stacked offense last year too. He is 100x better than Weah.

Reactions: Pittduck

Addison hasn’t played in USC’s last two games

Narduzzi and Lyke sealed the doom of losing Addison with the hiring of Cig and the blind signing of Slovis with no realization of what a bad fit he’d be at Pitt. That’s what happens when the management of the football program is half-assed.
You must really hate Lyke to blame her for Nardo hiring Cig and "blindly" allowing Nardo to bring in Slovis!

Addison is still highly regarded. Not as high as he might if he were taller and more solid like the ideal NFL receiver, but well regarded nonetheless. He was in the weird limbo this season where he really couldn’t improve his stock, but sitting out an entire season would break some kind of unwritten rule of … cowardice? Excessive ego? Selfishness? So he had to meander through a lame duck season. He chose to monetize it as greatly as he could, in a place with far hotter and far more promiscuous nubile hot women than here; and it’s understandable. He’s pretty much disappeared on the national scene, but it’s doubtful he’s hurt (or helped) his NFL stature in any way.

guys, i dont know what you are looking at but every nfl draft report has him as a first rd pick.. even recently, despite being injured...

barring a career ending injury, he will be drafted in the first rd. now whether he would be or not had he stayed at pitt, thats debatable. i think NFL Gms are smart enough to take systems into it and even had he stayed at pitt where his production would have dropped tremendously, he's probably still be ranked as high..

so im not saying he's now a first rd'er because he went to USC. he's a first rounder cause he's a ridiculously good wr.. at pitt, at usc, etc.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Wayne had success making contested catches in a stacked offense last year too. He is 100x better than Weah.
lets contest all WRs since 2007, break down some tape.
tell someone to order some wings , this is gonna be a long night.

here is a serious question. if Weah doesnt get caught from behind and we beat va tech, is Jester Weah remembered much more fondly by pitt fans than he is now?

I am serious. i swear, i actually dislike weah and i think it's 100000% because he got caught from behind..

Reactions: BFo8
Weah was an example, don t dwell in the past.
yes , he was average , so is the hero you speak of.
talking in circles........ that wasnt my point

You must really hate Lyke to blame her for Nardo hiring Cig and "blindly" allowing Nardo to bring in Slovis!
I hate nobody. But she was derelict in her duties. As AD, she had to see Cig would be a potential disaster, that he’d done nothing to improve any program anywhere he’d been. It was a lazy vanity hire on Duz part and she should have contested it strongly. Maybe she did behind the scenes. Not likely though. And yeah he did have some gravitas he earned from the previous season, but she had to know how important the stakes were this season, to build on that success. Duz is in the weeds, he’s fat and comfortable and will likely be in retirement someday soon, but the AD has to think more long term and understand the powerful headwinds that will soon be in Pitt football’s path.

Slovis is more understandable, he had a good pedigree. And normally a coach will bench a player that sucks outright, so she could expect that to happen if (when) Slovis failed. It so happens Duz is not normal in that regard and is sticking with Slovis to the grim end. Se leve. That’s just the way it goes. That’s life.

When a season backfires as badly as this one did, fingers will appropriately be pointed. Don’t suck, and it won’t happen. It’s a story that has existed as long as competitive sports.

here is a serious question. if Weah doesnt get caught from behind and we beat va tech, is Jester Weah remembered much more fondly by pitt fans than he is now?

I am serious. i swear, i actually dislike weah and i think it's 100000% because he got caught from behind..
As i mentioned above I am less hard toward Weah because I never saw evidence that he was “football aware”. I think that was just another example. As with Tino and Slovis, I blame the coaches in question for not working hard enough to assemble viable alternatives to them.

Joey makes one handed grabs for td's , he was a walk on and played great.
lets rag on him .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT