ADVERTISEMENT

We need to talk about that Australian break dancer

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
This deserves its own thread. That woman has made national headlines but I think its going to be even bigger than that. This is Bishop Sycamore meets Cool Runnings. I think there's going to be a movie about this. There has to be. I have no idea how she got an Olympics invite but someone dropped the ball somewhere. I mean its break dancing so its all good fun and I dont think anyone really cares that some good Australian break dancers were left off the team in favor of Raygun but if they are serious about having this as a sport at all then having her out there "competing" was a disgrace. I mean I loved it but you know.

In any event, she has to be set for life now. She got a 0.0 score. Her performance reminded me of the famous Billy Madison oration

This deserves its own thread. That woman has made national headlines but I think its going to be even bigger than that. This is Bishop Sycamore meets Cool Runnings. I think there's going to be a movie about this. There has to be. I have no idea how she got an Olympics invite but someone dropped the ball somewhere. I mean its break dancing so its all good fun and I dont think anyone really cares that some good Australian break dancers were left off the team in favor of Raygun but if they are serious about having this as a sport at all then having her out there "competing" was a disgrace. I mean I loved it but you know.

In any event, she has to be set for life now. She got a 0.0 score. Her performance reminded me of the famous Billy Madison oration

She inspired me to become an Olympic BreakDancer. I drank 5 beers and started training the other night. Then I found out no breakdancing in the 2028 games. So now I need to get one of those fancy air rifles.

I've been seeing multiple headlines of stories saying it will not return for the 2028 Olympics. I'm not following close enough to know if there has been a final decision though.

But I do agree there is something fascinating about this in that she progressed through competitions to the point she was representing Australia as their best breakdancing representative.

Also very interesting to me is that I've been unable to find the full performance on YouTube. All that I have seen is snippets in memes, so I was curious what the entire performance was. It's almost like it's been wiped from existence (other than memes) by the IOC.

Last edited:
I've been seeing multiple headlines of stories saying it will not return for the 2028 Olympics. I'm not following close enough to know if there has been a final decision though.

But I do agree there is something fascinating about this in that she progressed through competitions to the point she was representing Australia as their best breakdancing representative.

Also very interesting to me is that I've been unable to find the full performance on YouTube. I'll that I have seen is snippets in memes, so I was curious what the entire performance was. It's almost like it's been wiped from existence (other than memes) by the IOC.
Same. I have seen the 30 sec clips but want the full context

Also very interesting to me is that I've been unable to find the full performance on YouTube. All that I have seen is snippets in memes, so I was curious what the entire performance was. It's almost like it's been wiped from existence (other than memes) by the IOC.
It was decided last year that Breakdancing wouldn't be in the LA Games, Raygun's performance had nothing to do with the decision. The host country is now allowed to include sports that are popular in that country, that's why we'll get flag football, lacrosse, squash, and the return of baseball and softball.

Reactions: GenesPlace

That's the thing. I highly doubt she "qualified." That's why I say its kind of like a Bishop Sycamore thing. She basically scammed her way in.

I'm glad she made a mockery of that crap - should have never been even a consideration for being an Olympic "sport".

Last edited:
Apparently she is a university lecturer on dance and gender politics. No joke.

Also couldn't agree more with this
GUp1prRW4AAVX-S

Apparently she is a university lecturer on dance and gender politics. No joke.

Also couldn't agree more with this
GUp1prRW4AAVX-S

Yea. Ph.D. in cultural movement. I think she just asked the Australia Olympic Committee if she can be on the team and they said yes, sight unseen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ratking17
What about the English ski jumper Eddie the Eagle? I know there's a book about him, maybe a movie, this stuff is like Rudy getting on the field at ND, :)

Nobody polices unauthorized videos on the internet more than the IOC. If there is a penny to be made from someone watching a video, they want it to be their video on their (or one of their partner's) site, so they can keep the penny.

I absolutely guarantee you that within minutes of someone putting an unauthorized video of that (or any Olympic) performance on someplace like YouTube that the IOC would be demanding that they take it down.

Reactions: ratking17
Geez wish I saw her performance. I couldn't find breakdancing on the schedule. Did the dancers bring their own cardboard and boom boxes? Glory days right there.

Try Vimeo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT