Oct 30, 2001
Saturday
Noon: ESPN - Florida State vs Georgia Tech in Dublin
8:00: CBSSN - SMU @ Nevada

Other games:
4:00: FS1 - Montana State @ New Mexico
Midnight: Delaware State @ Hawaii - not nationally televised

- Tricky game for FSU. GT is improving.

- SMU is kind of that sleeper ACC team who could mess around and end up in Charlotte. They are 27 point favorites on the road.

- FCS Montana State is actually an 11.5 point favorite at New Mexico

- For those of you living in Hawaii, you can catch the Bows and Hornets on PPV. UH is still trying to recover from the damage Fraud Graham did.

FSU fans are convinced that mid-DJU and a pretty average to below WR unit isn’t going to matter, because the running game is going to just plow over teams this year to limit exposing the other units.

I’ll be interested to see if that is true. Because if they can’t run over GT, they probably aren’t going to run over anybody. And if the offense has to go through DJU, I could see an 8-4 type season.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I was bitching why ESPN wouldn't put FSU/GT on in prime time....then I realized it was in Dublin.

They could have played it at 3:30 which is 8:30 local time. The local kickoff time doesnt really matter because there will be like 10 or 11 local Dubliners there and the FSU/GT fans will show up whenever you tell them.

They could have played it at 3:30 which is 8:30 local time. The local kickoff time doesnt really matter because there will be like 10 or 11 local Dubliners there and the FSU/GT fans will show up whenever you tell them.

Like most stadiums in Europe, the place they are playing that game is right smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Starting that game at 8:30 local time, meaning not ending until around midnight, would not go over well with the people who live there. At all.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Like most stadiums in Europe, the place they are playing that game is right smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Starting that game at 8:30 local time, meaning not ending until around midnight, would not go over well with the people who live there. At all.

Europeans eat dinner at 9PM and then start drinking. It will be fine.

FSU fans are convinced that mid-DJU and a pretty average to below WR unit isn’t going to matter, because the running game is going to just plow over teams this year to limit exposing the other units.

I’ll be interested to see if that is true. Because if they can’t run over GT, they probably aren’t going to run over anybody. And if the offense has to go through DJU, I could see an 8-4 type season.
Good call.

Reactions: cashisking884
Europeans eat dinner at 9PM and then start drinking. It will be fine.

Every time we go on a vacation with a group and somebody’s wife makes dinner Reservations at 7 or 730 I yell out “730 Jesus Christ what do we live in Europe or something” Usually gets a laugh…

“For the third year running, the first day of the college football season featured a game in Dublin, Ireland. Nearly 50,000 fans packed into a sold-out Aviva Stadium, Ireland’s national soccer and rugby stadium, to watch Georgia Tech stun No. 10 Florida State 24-21.”

Good call.

I know Pick 6 Preview’s “OL Run Push” ruffled a few feathers on the board when I talked about it in the context of Pitt’s OL.

But when I saw FSU was 91st in OL Run Push last year, yet they planned to essentially be 1999 Wisconsin this year, I didn’t think that was going to work.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT